Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a kil

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by layman, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Re: Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a

One thing that my small young age taught me is

Respect behaviour/action and NOT AGE.
    Being old and experienced does not mean that you should be respected Automatically.

Look at our country, we have almost gone to the dogs, now we have been respecting based on what we were taught, respect elders and see how the elders have Fcuked out country?

So would you still say respect the politicians only because they are older than you?
    So we should respect ND Tiwari even when we see video of him trying to get into act with some women.. he was trying.

We should respect Pratibha Patil for just keeping the seat warm for 5 years and doing nothing worth mentioning.

We should respect Suresh Kalmadi due to his age, and overlook the corruption.

We should also respect M.Karunaniddhi even though he is one of the most corrupt leaders because he is old.

But really, do these people really deserve respect?
    Karunanidhi, don't know about his background, but the leader who is 75+ and has to be taken around in wheel chair still does not want to give up the desire to be a Chief minister again, and worse part is that a few years back his son MK Stalin was leading the YOUTH MOVEMENT, dude.. youth usually means below 25, and not 45 !!

So when the so called "youth" movements are lead by old people, they do get respect, but then is it really a youth movement or the movement is actually an eyewash and being hijacked.

3 people like this.
  2. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Re: Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a

Chidambaram tried to say something else and ended in saying with something with other meanings...

He was just trying to show inflation is not very high or unmanageable but forgot that even middle class don't drink mineral water only or eat ice cream 3 days a time in place of full meal... you can't compare deserts with meal and then the beauty of the situation is that he forgot the 400 million poor Indians...

he told because the base price for grain is increased so the selling price... a simple thing right.. but forget to mention the millions tons grain which go waste and because of this the price go up more the it would have in normal conditions... and as for as I know, this is inflation...

Congress leaders are doing a lot of bad speaking in public... either they need to start work to change this or change the speech writer... he is making a mess of these guys..:lol:

3. Blackwater

Blackwater Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a

1000000000000000% correct

we Indians like to cry unnecessary . we will spend faltu money on daru,fags,blue cd, londiya baazi but not 1 ruppee extra on dal..

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  4. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

Basically the people who are spending money on these things are not concerned with the price of grains and food stuff. the poor are and because of artificial inflation the poor are hungry, farmers are dying.. so Indians are not crying unnecessary...

And if a India invest on luxuries in his life it doesn't provide the government a chance to rob him with artificial inflation, it is not governance it is robbery friend.

5. Blackwater

Blackwater Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Basically poor people still spend money on beeri,and desi daru:frust::frust::frust::frust:

BTW lower middle class and meddle class also cry for price rise,they all do what i has said above

6. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

If you are having ice-cream, you cannot complain about fuel prices. A senior govt minister said that. Suffer Indians suffer. It is your fate

7. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Lets accept one thing first... the congress election motto "CONGRESS KA HAATH GARIB KE SATH.." changed to "CONGRESS KA HAATH AAM ADMI KE SATH.." The poor did not become Common person, only congress noticed that the middle class is a bigger vote bank.

Tell me, why the hell do they want to increase the price of grain by Re.1 when almost more than 4 lakh ton of wheat has already rotted this year and we are just half way done. Who is responsible for this loss? Government. the Agriculture minister,
    We have a smart agriculture minister who is supporting a henpecked government because he can get his cut.

As a matter of fact, I really wonder if the 3 Lakh ton of wheat was actually rotten or they sold it and kept some for show..

JAB JUNGLE MEIN AAG LAGTI HAI TO WOH PEDH TO GINE JAATE HAI JO THE, PAR WOH PEDH BHI GEENE JAATE HAI JO KABHI THE HI NAHI

History has shown us few times. that when some one said something that they did not want to actually say, end up losing their head.

Mythologically Kumbhakaran wanted to say INDRASAN, and ended up saying NIDRASAN, we know where the poor guy ended.

Another historical lady Marie Antoinette said something similar, he head ended up in a guillotine basket with that of her husband..

So seems its matter of time,. but importantly people should realize this and start to get together.

In my humble opinion, none of the political party wants any problem to be solved, if the problems ae solved, who the hell needs them. so their existence is to ensure that the problems exists.

So, understand, your problems are not going to be solved by someone who does not give Rats A$$ about you, so if we come together and try to solve problems unitedly then there is a chance.

The system is meant to support, but we totally depend on system where it FAILS, The system is not supposed to do everything !!!

8. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

I think the Rotten wheat and Rice are being purposely done to facilitate the Liquor Business.

9. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

wow,, btw,, i am not disrespecting elders. And if I need to disrespect him to protect my country then I disrespect him 100 times.

BTW, why you asking my age. You ask the age of Indira Gandhi when he invaded the East Pak, you ask the age of Rajiv Gandhi when he send its force in IPKF,, what is the role of age in this matter.

2 people like this.
  10. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

man, you forgetting about cocain, heroin, ganja, hashish etc etc.

11. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

The explanation is simpler and straight forward. Can you identify what it is? And let me tell you that even during BJPs government millions of tons of grain were rotting because of the same reason. I'm wondering if any of the people ranting against the govt. can give me this simple reason.

12. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

Poor people can't afford it, atleast not the pure form. When i was in college, a chillum of Ganja costs more than Rs 60. :achmed:

13. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

oh, you know the cost,,naughty boy.

14. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

I read about that reason in past... can't remember them exactly but it was like... we need to import some grains from other countries as per WTO policies and we can't if we have surplus grains... so let these million tons rot so we can import from others...

hope I am right about the reason..

15. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I'm trying to say these opinions of yours won't do in real life, now you may get away making any snide remarks online because internet gives everyone that sense of security. But you can't be overly bombastic like that in real life, you go to a job interview and if you show any sign of disrespect to any authority figure you are out the first session itself. So it pays to hold back because you do not have qualifications to answer certain things or think through various implications because you simply do not have enough data to be judgmental on anyone- that's the truth isn't it?-that's the rationality you have to pursue wherever you go- no one is absolutely right- no matter which party he is from, so you best keep your egotistical opinions neutral and non-personal. It's just my advice of course, rest is up to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.