Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a kil

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by layman, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Re: Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a

Nope- nothing as grand as WTO, AMerica, Congress Conspiracy etc. IT is very simple and straightfoward. If you give out the grain, it will come back to you at MSP. Majority of it (say 70% types). Effectively, the poor get no grain and the govt. gets into a vicious cycle of distributing grain free/ cheap and repurchasing the same grain at MSP. The middleman will pick the grain up for free from the govt./ say, 2rs a kilo from the benificiary, and sell it back to the govt. at MSP (like Rs. 15/20 a kilo).

If you look at the market- there was no monsoon failure last year, 'massive' hikes of fuel is actually something like 15%, no shortfall in production- yet food inflation is 70%? Are the farmers getting 70% more remuneration? Of course not! It's the middlemen who are creating artificial inflation and driving up the prices.

There is only one solution to this- retail reform. Large organizations (Walmart etc.) create separate supply chains to cut out middlemen and keep prices low. This is why inflation is nowhere near such a problem in the US.

The Congress DID take the step of trying to push through retail reform but the BJP stalled it because high inflation will get them votes, the Left stalled it because they oppose anything that is good for the country and Mamta opposed it becuase...she's mamta. If BJP is that concerned about the country, then why didn't they take the bi-partisan decision to supporting reform to help the people?

2. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

Re: Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a

Non-personal?? If he was the FM at that time, how I not become non-personal. he don't take out the reform, his disinvestment policies are not more than a bluff, his inappropriate taxes on foreign companies, his proposal to change the retrospective law which hurt the sentiment of foreign investement, lowering of Re which cause crude oil more costly, he create an anti- bussiness environment.

And still you say personal?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  3. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

you too had a point

4. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Like I said you do not know much. When you join college- you'll get to understand everything from qualified teachers. Also brush up on your spelling.

5. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

I can't debate more on this with you,, you are not debating on FM but pointing on me. If you have point and if you have a keyboard then type. Don't manipulate the conversation by pointing on my spelling mistake.

6. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

Well Liquor Barons are powerful… lolz...

7. uptotrix

You won't understand the points, you do not have the knowledge to understand. You can't call someone a fool because you do not have qualifications on the subject. I know this teenage rage thinking that we are always right on everything, you got it wrong this time boy.

8. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

what you know about my knowledge? And BTW , we doesn't have so much conversation so, how you calculated my knowledge.

9. uptotrix

I know you do not know economics because you are mindlessly raging on people with no good reason. It all starts with language.

10. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

How you know that?? And what you know about the my qualification.

And why you pointing on me,, if you have some cards to play then show it. Why you are hesitating?

11. uptotrix

I am only trying to correct your viewpoint, the purpose here in my thread. You shouldn't call somebody a fool if you are not qualified. Now there is no need to get angry, I hope you become PM and take over the world but right now you gotta sit tight.

God bless.

12. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

This is the same thing asking what you know about my qualification?

13. uptotrix

You certainly can't be a mba, you sound like you are just out of high school. I may be wrong but hey- nobodys perfect.

14. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States

Well Guyz, Layman is illiterate… lighten up guyz…

15. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

UPTRONIX and KAKU may you guys please stop this.... if you don't agree with each others point of view contradict those point not the person... We all don't know about each other education and age. all that matters is what we typed here... so please be reasonable and stop this BS... come back to topic guys..

there are a lot fools around us in real life to kick.... so stop this on this forum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.