Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a kil

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by layman, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

Re: Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a

I can't say anything to you- but only manipulator. How successfully manipulate the whole topic on me.

And one more thing this is not my qualification,, I am not high school child, actually I am not a child. BTW, you should stay on topic rather then determinig others qualification.

If you want to know my real qualification,, then we will discuss private,, there is no use to discuss this thing here.

BTW, you didn't say anything about this topic?

1 person likes this.
  2. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Re: Citizens willing to pay Rs. 15 for bottle of water, but won't pay Re 1 more for a

Chidambaram 'disgusted', says he made no dig at middle class

[​IMG]
    New Delhi: Home Minister P Chidambaram has said that he is "shocked and disgusted" by a newspaper report that states he mocked the middle class for complaining about rising prices. In a statement today, Mr Chidambaram described the report as "a deliberate distortion" of his comments.

The newspaper claimed that the minister said in Bangalore yesterday, "When the urban middle class can buy mineral water for Rs. 15 and ice-cream for Rs. 20, why do they make so much noise about price rise?"

The reported remark began trending on Twitter with topic Rs. 15.

The minister, however, says that what he had said was, "We are prepared to pay fifteen rupees for a bottle of water but we will not bear one rupee increase in the price of a kilo of wheat or a kilo of rice. We are prepared to pay rupees twenty for an ice cream cone but won't pay one rupee more for a kilo of wheat or rice." The remarks were made as he explained that if farmers are paid more for sugar or paddy, consumers will have to pay more too.

His statement goes on to say, "The Home Minister made a matter-of-fact statement. He did not 'mock' or 'chide' any one."

3. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

yes a matter of fact is that people felt insulted with this

4. layman

Country Flag:
    United States

Each one knowledge came at stake here, because of his ‘DISGUSTED’ comment.

5. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Because nobody would understand the topic, especially you. You didn't come here to discuss the topic, you came here to pick on congress or to personally attack respectable senior people of the country.

6. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

Now may you clear how chidambaraam/pranav is a respectful person.... Just because a congressi agent like you think he is respectable, doesn't make him respectable... he has a work to do and if you like to hear in clear words he is a servant to the people of India and servants got respect because of their work not because of their age... Stop putting this debate off topic

WTF you found in this topic which only a suparhuman can understand

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  7. Blackwater

Blackwater Captain SENIOR MEMBER

that is forte of middle or high class not labour.

labour class in India still consume, beeri and desi daru. they must stop that and pay little more for rice or dal. inflation is international phenomenon.

if u indians feels that, prices will remain constant for whole of your life then nobody can help u:sarcastic::sarcastic:

8. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

Yes it is but we need to include the wasted grains too in the equation.... because of this grain the supply and demand ration is not lenient and this increase the price from acceptable level...if the increased price wold have gone into the pockets of farmers then there had not been any problem.. or less problem but middleman too are involved and they increases the price... nobody is doing anything for this as these middlemans are mostly political agents or donators of parties... and thats why people are in uproar with the price-hike because it doesn't match with the situation and didn't fit in equation

1 person likes this.
  9. layman

Country Flag:
    United States

That is the problem we are facing in every sector in India. We call them equal to lobbyist, Well only if there is a direct contact from supplier to farmer, the whole problem is solved...

10. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Right, I never mocked anyone from the bjp. The reason I don't discuss the topic because the info is too much for the vast emptiness of your brain.

11. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

yes it will but we need to make farmer's self help groups where all there land get cultivated as one and the farmer with low lands will get extra charge to find out the best supplier and market for the grain... and to make sure all the obligations are fulfilled

12. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

I am not anti-congress,, and if he did a wrong job means he did a wrong job. Ok, I give you some points

1) Deficit Disaster- I remeber, in Union Budget of FY2011 it is reported that fiscal deficit is 5.1 pc and targeted 4.6 pc for FY2012. But where the all goes wrong,, the fiscal deficit for FY2012 is on 5.9 pc. The deficit hurt more than euro crisis. This cause because of overspending of tax payers money on subsidy and welfare projects.

2) 2008 Financial Crisis VS 2011-12 Euro Crisis-- The 2008 Subprime crisis was more worst than Euro Crisis, but still Indian economy perform well in this periiod. And bounce back in 2009, but what happen with indian economy in 2011-12. The deficit is surging, the Re is going down because of paralysed policy of Pranab hurt the sentiment and the money is going outside more than incoming. The forex reserve is also down , because of this crisis.

3) No Reform-Many of the reform are still hanging and there is no mood of implementation.FDI in insurance and pension, 100% FDI in multi-brand retail, deregulation of fuel prices, the Goods and Services Tax, the Direct Taxes Code and FDI in aviation are some of the key reforms that have seen little progress, either because of opposition from state governments, within the Congress itself, or from UPA allies. And there is no action on GST, they are giving new dates and missing deadline on GST.

4)Retrospective Tax- In this the court rejected the petition of Govt. for approx. $4 bn tax, but the govt. still want the tax. And now they modifying the law to collect the 20000 crore from Vodafone. This is the worst thing, the foreign investor can't think about that. And now they are afraiding to invest in India.

5) FII Flown- Mr. Mukhrjee state in Parliament to curb the black money by new laws. But by this, it coudn't curb a single penny of Black Money but it curb the investors sentiment. Because of lack of regulatory and explaination of rules,legitimate FIIs and holders of P-notes started to drop out their plan to invest more in India and they are pulling out.

There is lot more point I can give you, but if you want to debate,, and please this time dont ask my age and qualification.

2 people like this.
  13. layman

Country Flag:
    United States

We really have a serious break between Government Organization and the common man like farmers, Layman. If India has to succeed this has to change for good.

14. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

my dearest Dumb have you ever lived in my head... I don't think so... you can be disrespectful to any BJP person if he start talking and doing BS as Congressi's do. I will stand with you...

and you don't discuss the topic because you can't... there is no escape route for this, it will be getting kicked again if you want to defend... but still be my guest and enlighten all of us with your so martian theories in this...

waiting for the points on topic rather then bashing... one more bashing will be your acceptance for being a dumb.. So lets start the battle with facts and figures... from a long time I hadn't done a lunch on congress...(and next time you try to define my brain and I will define each and every molecular of your body.... and before you ask I am a B.Tech/MBA with doing doctorate in management, HPSC pre qualifier and a lecturer in University...so before asking for my credentials or my brain make sure you can match this)

so lets start with facts... I am listening....

1 person likes this.
  15. layman

Country Flag:
    United States

Pandey’ji what is all this… layman couldn’t understand… too much abc’s ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.