Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Civilian Firearms.

Discussion in 'Tactical Hardware' started by MilSpec, Dec 19, 2016.

1. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Hi,

Intent of this thread is to document some of the firearms available to civilians around the world.
    Starting with India, we have one of the strictest firearms regulations for civilian. We like quite a few British colonies inherited the British colonial firearms regulations.

India has the entire Prohibited Bore (PB) and non-Prohibited Bore (NPB) regime for firearms. Prohibited Bore refers to any caliber used by security forces of India whereas NPB refers to calibers which are not in use by the security forces.

Licenses for both PB and NPB are heavily regulated, post 2014 acquiring a PB license is next to impossible, (unless you are related to some highly placed politico), common NPB includes calibers like 9X18 Makarov, 30-06, .315, 22-lr, 12G, 10G, 16G etc.

Few of the offerings from Ordinance factory Board India are :

.22 revolver

22 rev.jpg

.32 Revolver -

32rev.jpg

Ashani Pistol .32

32 pistol.jpg
    Have to mention that this is possible the ugliest pistol in existence.

22 Long Rifle Bolt action
    22rifl.jpg

.315 Bolt Action Rifle

315 rif.jpg
    This to me is quite interesting rifle as it seems to have the lee-enfield short action. I hold the lee-enfield rifle in very high regard, and also is the first rifle I had the opportunity to shoot. The lee enfield action too is a significantly different from the Mauser action that every other bolt action rifle in existence has copied.
    This is the one to watch out for.

30.06 Bolt action Rifle.

3006.jpg

@PARIKRAMA @Gessler @nair @Sathya

Levina, R!CK, nair and 2 others like this.
  2. Gessler

Gessler Lt. Colonel IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Not related to actual firearms, but....I was in a local gun store (air-rifles & pistols, duh) last month as I was contemplating joining a shooting club. I found one I liked, the SX100 Pegasus in Walnut finish. He said it'd be Rs. 13,000 minus the ammo. I'll see if I arrange that sum and maybe get shooting by next month, or in Feb.

[​IMG]

Levina, R!CK and MilSpec like this.
  3. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Have visited their factory, its in Thane (Wagle industrial Estate) their products are good, but price wise, there are cheaper options, but they have good products.
    Their MD is Dr.Shirsat who has a good reputation, I guess he was earlier associated with India hume pipe.
    By the way, due to some Gpvt. rule, the production of .22 air rifle is halted (seems only 0.22 ammo will be available and no more .22 will be offered for sale)
    Thus only versions they all produce is 0.177.

Levina, R!CK and Gessler like this.
  4. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Have seen 30.06 in action with my cousin.

R!CK likes this.
  5. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Pakistan:

Relatively liberal firearms regulations, but still suffers from british colonial NPB/PB licensing nonsense. There are no restrictions on shotguns in Pakistan. The regulation of firearms in Pakistan is categorized as permissive.Present laws allow ownership of handguns of any calibre, although previously there existed an upper limit restriction of .38-calibre. All shotguns are allowed. Federal prohibited bore permits for civilian fully automatic weapons are issued by the Ministry of the Interior and are valid throughout Pakistan. Licensed firearm owners in Pakistan are permitted to possess any number of firearms as well as being permitted to possess any quantity of ammunition.

few of the firearms available to Civilians in Pakistan:

[​IMG]

Don't be fooled by the funky names, B6, ST9 and the PK -9 are clones of the legendary CZ75, H&K USP and the Berreta 92FS.

Most of the name brand Semi Auto Rifles from US, Europe and Turkey are available in Pakistan for civlians, G3's and Ak variants are quite common along with the local clones in the illicit markets of Dara adamkhel.

gun_shop_IPS_Pakistan.jpg

148603874.jpg

R!CK and Gessler like this.