Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Cong MP uses foul language against Baba Ramdev

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Osiris, Feb 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

New Delhi: Supporters of Swami Ramdev Saturday said they will hold "shudhi yagna" (purification ceremony) on Sunday at the residence of Ninong Ering, Congress MP from Arunachal Pradesh, and not allow him to enter parliament for his "derogatory utterances" against the yoga guru at a camp held in the state.

Patanjali Yogpeeth, which is headed by Swami Ramdev, said in a statement that the MP misbehaved with the yoga guru by calling him a "bloody Indian" and "a dog" at a yoga camp, and threatened him with dire consequences for his movement against corruption.

"The local Congress MP, Ninong Ering, called Swami Ramdev 'bloody Indian' and 'a dog' and threatened him with dire consequences for his Bharat Swabhiman movement against corruption and black money," the statement said.

It said Arunchal Pradesh Education Minister Boisram Sairam was also present at the camp.

The statement said that Swami Ramdev referred to questions posed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh regarding corruption, and asked the people present if they had signed the memorandum to be submitted to him.

It said the education minister and the MP lost their cool and made derogatory remarks against Swami Ramdev.

"This has led to a huge anger among the crores of workers of Bharat Swabhiman. They have decided that they will organise 'shudhi havan' at the residence of the MP in Delhi and Arunachal Pradesh. They also said the MP has no moral right to enter parliament for using indecent and unparliamentary language and he will not be allowed to enter parliament," the statement said.

The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) condemned the alleged remarks of the MP and asked the Congress to take action against him.

BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said Ering's remarks were irresponsible and seditious.

"He has abused Baba Ramdev and called him a bloody Indian. We condemn this outburst. Ramdev is revered all over the country," Javadekar said.

"When he calls somebody a 'bloody Indian', does Ering not recognise Arunachal Pradesh to be a part of India?" Javadekar said, adding that if the MP does not consider himself an Indian, he has no right to sit in parliament.

The Congress, however, said that it was a matter between two individuals and the party will not be in a position to comment till it speaks to the incharge of the Arunachal Pradesh unit.

"Nobody should use uncivilised language in any walk of life," Congress spokesperson Shakeel Ahmed said.

Swami Ramdev supporters flay Congress MP for offensive remarks

1 person likes this.
  2. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

We should pack that MP out to his favourite country. All his allowances, incentives, freebies should be stopped immediately because they all come from us "bloody indians.":angry:

1 person likes this.
  3. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

The person has denied it , let Baba prove his accusations,
    this seams like a political gimik to gain recognition, hope the people in his party get ther deposits back when the run for elections

4. Osiris

MP'S comments are reflection of his parties attitude towards Hindu's

1 person likes this.
  5. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Is it the same baba who was caught in the sex scandal? Or was it a different baba?

6. Osiris

Cong MP ‘abuses’ Baba Ramdev, party seeks explanation

NEW DELHI: Yoga guru Swami Ramdev got a taste of politics on Saturday at his yoga camp in Arunachal Pradesh's Pasighat. Ramdev, who announced the launch of his political party in June, was allegedly called a "bloody Indian dog" by Congress MP Ninong Ering.

Taking exception to the insult, the yoga guru's spokesperson S K Tijarawala threatened that Ering wouldn't be allowed to come to Delhi to attend Parliament.

Ering, who has denied the charge, has been asked by Congress to explain his conduct. He, however, maintained that he protested against Ramdev for hisquestioning the merit of conferring Bharat Ratna on Rajiv Gandhi.

"When he said this, I was very hurt because I'm also his follower. I told him to limit himself to the yoga camp. I'm very proud of being an Indian. I'm a member of the Hindi committee in the state. Why would I say such things?" Ering told TOI.

He claimed that he met Ramdev later and apologised to him for disrupting the yoga camp. "He told me that I've a very short temper, and gifted me a rudraksha to control it. He is a great man. He has forgiven me. I'm preparing the explanation that the party has sought," he added.

Tijarawala said Ering's vented his ire when when Ramdev was talking about corruption and black money stashed in tax havens abroad. "For a second, Baba got angry and said `how dare somebody call me a bloody Indian in India'. But he soon controlled himself, and urged the crowd not to harm Ering. He reasoned that in a democracy people have other ways of showing their anger. The education minister who was on the stage apologised to Baba immediately. But, we won't him let him get away so easily," the spokesman said.

The yoga guru's followers will hold a buddhi suddhi yoga in front of Ering's South Avenue residence here on Sunday.

Cong MP ?abuses? Baba Ramdev, party seeks explanation - The Times of India

7. Osiris

no not him

8. RoYaN

Prove it Before you rant........
    Any one Remember the Varun Gandhi statements

9. chachachoudhary

Are you a real indian?

10. RoYaN

Ering, who has denied the charge, has been asked by Congress to explain his conduct. He, however, maintained that he protested against Ramdev for hisquestioning the merit of conferring Bharat Ratna on Rajiv Gandhi.

11. Osiris

i trust words of ramdev than congress M.P

12. RoYaN

None of your business questioning other peoples Nationalities

13. RoYaN

i.e you rant based on Ramdev's ranting....

14. Osiris

then he is ranting why congress party seeks explanation?,why educational minister apologized ?

15. chachachoudhary

Self Deleted

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.