Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Conventional war between China+Pakistan vs India+Vietnam+Philippines today, who would win?

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by HMS Astute, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Falkland Islands (malvinas)
    In this century, people are already smart and that's why they keep something called deterrent.

You don't want to know what Trident D5's taste is like. :)

[​IMG]
    (Launched from Vanguard class SSBN of the Royal Navy)

And it goes booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom........

[​IMG]

2. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    One thing for sure if Israel goes down, the middle east will go with it.

The Samson Option is the name that some military analysts have given to Israel's deterrence strategy of massive retaliation with nuclear weapons as a "last resort" if military attacks threaten its existence.
    Commentators also have employed the term to refer to situations where non-nuclear, non-Israeli actors, have threatened conventional weapons retaliation. Two examples have been given: Yassir Arafat[1] and Hezbollah.[2]
    The name is a reference to the biblical figure Samson who pushed apart the pillars of a Philistine temple, bringing down the roof and killing himself and thousands of Philistines who had captured him,[3] crying out "Let me die with the Philistines!" (Judges 16:30).[4]

Israel has been building nuclear weapons for 30 years. The Jews understand what passive and powerless acceptance of doom has meant for them in the past, and they have ensured against it. Masada was not an example to follow—it hurt the Romans not a whit, but Samson in Gaza? What would serve the Jew-hating world better in repayment for thousands of years of massacres but a Nuclear Winter. Or invite all those tut-tutting European statesmen and peace activists to join us in the ovens? For the first time in history, a people facing extermination while the world either cackles or looks away—unlike the Armenians, Tibetans, World War II European Jews or Rwandans—have the power to destroy the world. The ultimate justice?[26]

In 2003, a military historian, Martin van Creveld, thought that the Al-Aqsa Intifada then in progress threatened Israel's existence.[27] Van Creveld was quoted in David Hirst's The Gun and the Olive Branch (2003) as saying:
    We possess several hundred atomic warheads and rockets and can launch them at targets in all directions, perhaps even at Rome. Most European capitals are targets for our air force. Let me quote General Moshe Dayan: 'Israel must be like a mad dog, too dangerous to bother.' I consider it all hopeless at this point. We shall have to try to prevent things from coming to that, if at all possible. Our armed forces, however, are not the thirtieth strongest in the world, but rather the second or third. We have the capability to take the world down with us. And I can assure you that that will happen before Israel goes under.[28]

It is said the explosion of 200 nuclear weapons will end life as know it on earth.

3. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    I believe Israel Samson doctrine because that is what I would do if I was them..

4. tusharm

tusharm Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Man , The made in America SLBM does looks good
    Do they allow you to use it at your will or do you have to go ask mr president that "Sir can we please bomb our neighbor or people without nuclear weapons of air force to that we can kill thousands of innocent children & women & call our self PowerPuff Girls errrrrrr sorry powerpuffUK"​

5. tusharm

Country Flag:
    India
    China + India military power

Budget : - $ 200 Billion (not correcting with PPP other wise India only $110+ Bn)

Economy :- $ 22.91 Trillion(PPP) / $10. 17 Trillion (GDP Nominal)

Population :- You know it

Defence Contractors :- All the defence suppliers be it from europe , asia , americas etc

Navy : - Aircraft carrier : -3 (2 India & 2-3 china on cards)
    Submarines : - 10 (Nuclear with atleast 10 more on cards ) / 83 (conventional )
    Destroyers:- 29
    Frigates :- 43
    Corvettes :-35
    Amphibious_warfare_ship :- 42
    Others : - a lot

Airforce :-

Combat Aircrafts : -2500+ (with atleast 2 china & 2 India 5th Gen fighters on cards)

Army : - Main battle tank 14975

Now since i have lost my patience on this big post lets make it more clear

Population 1.china 2 India
    Military personal 1.china 3.India
    Airforce :- 2 china 4 India
    navy 2 china 4 India
    Economy 2 china 3 India (PPP)

No comparison If India & China come togather not even mighty USN will be able to operate in Asia.

Also i asked for NATO vs BRICS comparison if you insist on comparing one country to the whole NATO but even the "I" & "C" part will be able to hold NATO in few years .They are capable even now but can't completely destroy NATO but in few years they will be powerful enough both individually & together .

6. INDIAN NATIONALIST

INDIAN NATIONALIST Major SENIOR MEMBER

China will win because it has a much larger industrial base and talent pool, both of which India has not yet nurtured in its own population.

India does have an inherent advantage, which I believe is much greater range of genetic variation within Indian population, compared with the relative homogeneity of Han Chinese.

Highly virulent agent, ex. modified smallpox or something of the sort, engineered to genetic markers specific to a given ethnic group,, would be much more effective against a genetically homogenous population. It could surely inflict a great deal of collateral damage. But as a 'last-ditch' effort, were it ever to come to such a situation, it might be a feasible.

I am confident that Indians can still surpass Chinese economy without surpassing its population size of course. Even though the situation may seem too messy to neatly parse out what steps are necessary to do so. We have our inherent advantages as a people and civilization; and we must have our national focus to engineer the individual citizen and the social culture.

7. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Have not been following the conversation? We're discussing about India (1.2+bn population) v UK+France (125m population) in a long range war.

China ain't India, and India ain't China. BRICS is made up of the dominant boss China and it's puppets like how US dominates NATO.

China sees India as an enemy & doubt Chiese would die for the Indian as in your wet dream LOL, whereas France and UK are closest allies and military partners in Europe. British and American soldiers fought side by side and died for France to restore liberty and rescue it's people's lives from the Nazis.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  8. tusharm

Country Flag:
    India
    China knows that if India is on its side it would be difficult for any foreign forces to influence the regional space.

Indian soldiers fight side by side with Chinese soldiers in WWI-WW2 era "hindi chini bhai bhai" comes from that.
    Indian soldiers were too involved in then British army to liberate France.
    If Both the Asian giants come together tell me a force which can stop them economically , militarily or any other.
    We are in competition just like the whole Europe is with one another. The only reason why India remain a friend of US but don't buy strategic equipment's from them ,only the equipment's for which they have backup.

I still think that in case of France Vs U.K , France would Win.

9. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    It is predicted that the Indian economy will exceed that of China, but India seems to be able to shoot itself in the foot on a regular basis.

10. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

Are you a 12 year kid? What a crap you talking about? In WW2 Britain fought for France?, you guys fought for yourself. Bro, wake up. And even before 1900 Britain and France were not allies.

Actually if you go further in Past, France and UK were arch rivals.

tusharm likes this.
  11. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

BTW, leave your VS theory. France or UK never going to attack India, or if you talk about future, like 2030 or 2050, the France or UK doesnt going to have enough material to sustain a war with India.

If you want to go VS, then do that with Germany.

12. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Don't let reality confuse you. This is all hyper theoretical, France could make a mess of India Airforce and Navy, destroy its shipping, but could barely make a dent in India Inferstructure. India would lose against the French Air Force Navy, am sure France would take some losses. Other then China I don't think any country is possibly strong enough to occupie India. Only way to do that would be with the support of a large minority in India. As the USA has proven, its very difficult to occupie a country long term.

13. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

Occupy? Bro, even fighting going to be difficult.

China can only sustain a small war with India, But if you think they can occupy Delhi, then you are way wrong.

Indian Army is not small, its massive, actually its totally like elephant.

And France, nope, they even dont have enough logistics even, to sustain a naval war with Indian Navy in Indian Ocean.

omya likes this.
  14. HMS Astute

HMS Astute BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Do not understimate European powers, they have top notch technology and they are militarily self sufficient. Hence: they are some of the worlds biggest arm exporters in the world. BAE Systems for example is the 2nd largest defence contractor on earth and Rolls Royce is also the 2nd largest aircraft engine maker in the world. Same thing cant be said for India...

Marlboro likes this.
  15. Zeus_@21

Zeus_@21 Major SENIOR MEMBER

Minority in India don't have any love for US, UK or France instead more of an anger. Most of them (except few bad apples) are more leaned towards their country. Past wars that India fought also proves it. Get your logic right.
    Next, India is not an Island nation like UK or France to occupy in a short span of time. You will need boots on ground which you don't have. :tdown:
    Next, you have to deal with these in large numbers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We will chew any kind of invader lyk a chewing gum and spit them out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.