Counter Insurgency 101

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Hellfire, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Hellfire

Hellfire Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    May I just say, that an insurgency needs to be tackled at the grassroots, irrespective of the external agency fanning it. That is why, the need for a political dialogue and settlement by policy initiatives. Until and unless the conditions for an insurgency are nipped in bud, there will be always a minority which shall be insurgent in nature.

The military component can never ever act singularly to check and eradicate any insurgency. Hence, while your long terms perspective over the issue is correct, the fact that the external agency in this particular case is neither in a mood to compromise nor is looking for any political solution by itself serves to highlight the futility of the approach.

nair and PARIKRAMA like this.
  2. VCheng

VCheng RIDER THINK TANK

You make fair points, but it is equally clear that hat India is doing at present is not working to eliminate the insurgency, but rather inflaming it. Why continue to provide another example for Einsteins definition of insanity?

3. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India

For now I will just tell you to wait and watch over the next 6 months. You will understand it as this time moves ahead. I will discuss the next 6 months in a retrospective manner.

4. VCheng

VCheng RIDER THINK TANK

Hey, "Let's wait and see" is my line! :D

And I will still be here to talk about it.

Hellfire likes this.
  5. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India
    @BlackOpsIndia

Please go through the write up to get the gist of counter insurgency warfare.

Tag and post as necessary. Am busy till 07 Dec so may be erratic, but will answer in brief surely. Can engage in a deeper discourse subsequently.

BlackOpsIndia likes this.