Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Crucial Arjun Mk.2 User Trials From June 1

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Agent_47, Apr 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    [​IMG]

On May 10, the improved Arjun Mk.2 main battle tank prototype is all set to roll into the Pokhran field firing range in Rajasthan for a week of firing trials. Formal user trials with the Indian Army are scheduled to commence on June 1. Much rides on the results of these trials, and expectations are high. At the very least, an indent -- or conditional intention to buy memorandum -- for 124 Mk.2 tanks depends on the tank performing on expected lines during these (and potentially, future rounds of) trials.

The Arjun Mk.2 trials come just weeks after Russia displayed an improved version of the T-90 tank at Defexpo 2012, and the timing is no coincidence. Russia has made it all but officially clear that the T-90 is superior in all respects to the Arjun, though this was hardly borne out in comparative trials between the Russian tank and an Arjun Mk.1 in 2010 (the DRDO says the Russian tank was uniformly drubbed). It isn't difficult to see, however, that the Arjun's loss is the T-90's gain, and vice versa. It is at this juncture and this atmosphere that the Arjun Mk.2 trials are set to commence, and for these reasons that they will be watched closely by stakeholders.

The heavier Arjun Mk.2 incorporates some 93 improvements on the Mk.1 tank, 124 of which are already in operational service in two tank regiments in the Army.

Livefist: Crucial Arjun Mk.2 User Trials From June 1

Hay,we are in a hurry :rockroll:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2012
  2. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Al Right :fans: !!!!!!!!

3. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    who all are willing to put a bet that these trials will be rigged and Arjun Mk2 will be sabotaged at the behest of italian lady and russian goons to ensure that we order some more T-90s.

4. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

Is that true??:coffee:

5. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I would like to bet 50-50

6. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    we already have bet for maaza with kat. 50-50 is no bet.

7. Steel

Steel Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

This time there are going to fullfil the requriments.

8. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I have no doubt about it but the way things have happened in past and the way Russians are running away with murder, clearly points to the fact that this italian waitress is the agent of russians and this so called saint is actually a satan who is hand in glove with all the weapon dalals of India.

I do have some info that these trials are going to be sabotaged by putting contaminated oil in the engines, assigning below par crews who miss the targets and fail the APS of Arjun.

1 person likes this.
  9. flanker143

flanker143 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

no i dont think thats gonna happen.....i mean both army and drdo are dead serious about this.....if they (army) never wanted this , they'd have killed the arjun at mk1 itself...be it by severe sabotaging or killing the funding etc....they have come too far now and ther's no stepping back....

so even it happens it'd be done by a third party from within the army with some serious backing from some high ranking officers who are directly involved in the trials.....so lets hope drdo takes care of everything....

10. Firemaster

Firemaster Captain STAR MEMBER

Well I don't blame the Russians when our own politicians want to ruin the country.

Sabotage thing is evident from the fact that We eye only 350Mk2 Tanks. While we have a 5000+ Tanks Army

11. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    Hope DRDO will be careful this time. :big_boss:

12. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India

IA accepted Arjun MK1 bcoz DRDO forced them into a dual with their loved T-90. It was witnessed by a very large no of Indians. They could not fool them. T-90 armour could not be pierced by any gun except that of Arjun for your information and further broadcasting. Not only that, T-90 could not peirce Arjun hull with the best which russians had. They eveolved and modified T-90 after 2009 trials into T-90 SM. They learned from indian DRDO. I will put my bet on Arjun MK2 anyday provided it is not sabotaged by the arms lobby and the italian waitress who is on the payroll of Russian goons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.