Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Customs and Religious teachings i don't agree with them and have problem with them

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by Devil, Dec 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devil

Devil Captain SENIOR MEMBER

It surprises me after being so much educated people don't give or stop believe thousand year old customs
    1. if a women prays in front of moon on certain day after spending the day without eating her husband's life will be increased.
    2. World is going to end on certain day shiv is going to dance and destroy the world
    3. Pray in front of statue as god lives in that statue
    4. My god or religion is superior than other people's god
    5. if you pray to god and ask forgiveness or bunch of other crap you will go to heaven or you will be going to hell.
    6. A woman is inferior to man
    7. If we bury people they will become alive when Jesus will come back to earth he will wake them up
    8. There are angels living in heaven and big bad devil in hell
    9. God decides everything we are just puppets
    10. Jesus and Mohammad were prophets they talked to some God or angel
    11. Adam and eve were thrown out of heaven as they committed sin as in bible or adam and even were forgiven but sent to earth to make humans
    12. Devil was jealous of humans that's why god had him thrown into pits
    13. Women should wear a Mangalsutra and that red color on forehead as if she can't speak up and say she is married what is she a slave
    14. A man can have as many wives he pleases(why what is wrong with first women he married that he need second or third wife are they not human enough)
    15. A marriage should happen in front statue or circling around a fire or while somebody is reading chants

There are alot more to be added to list if you want me to add something please tell me

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. highseas

highseas REGISTERED

Re: Customs and Religious teachings i don't agree with them and have problem with the

Devil,

i do not have permission to send private message to you on this forum as i do not have the required minimum posts for it.

you can give me your email address if you wish. i will send you a reply if you want it.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  3. highseas

highseas REGISTERED

Re: Customs and Religious teachings i don't agree with them and have problem with the

NO CONTENTS. BLANK MESSAGE.

sorry for posting this message twice.

Last edited: May 12, 2013
  4. Devil

Devil Captain SENIOR MEMBER

i am interested in debate between alot of people if i was interested in emails i have enough people and i got enough issues of my own in emails and phones sorry nomore

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  5. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Need a lot of time to answer you. I will try to answer as and when time permits.

6. yahya

yahya 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

hahah devil in pits what are you doing here hahaha

7. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

I know answers of most of these, but can I take some time to reply to it?

8. neil_diablos

neil_diablos Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Hey Devil. Long time no see. How've you been?

See most of these ridiculous rules and rituals are man made and not by God and you will not find most of them in any holy scripture. Having said, there are certain man made rules that have scientific reasons and implications behind them but its not possible to explain it to the common man as they probably would not understand. For example, its a common ritual to bathe right after a solar eclipse. The real reason is the micro-organisims become very active during this period. But do you think a peasant or a farmer would understand this? But mold it in a garb of religion and everyone will do whatever it is they are directed to do unquestioningly.

I have put my views in bold below...

Last edited: May 13, 2013
    3 people like this.
  9. Zeus_@21

Zeus_@21 Major SENIOR MEMBER

Best answer to this problem!!....
    1)Respect each other as human being irrespective of religion and faiths.
    2)spend your time working and doing something productive and don't indulge in religious insults.
    3) Just change or don't follow the rudimentary man made ancient or jungle laws.(e.g. men and women are not equal)
    4) Adapt to the good values mentioned in your holy-books which are actually rules to live a good life.( e.g. Help each other, fight against injustice, Don't hurt others etc. etc. These things are common in every religion)
    5) Educate yourself to the fullest and know the world around you.

1 person likes this.
  10. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

:biggthumpup: :cheers:

1 person likes this.
  11. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

neil answered it very clearly. I can add little more... this ritual was started when men were talking more then one wife and he is bound to choose a favorite which can be a reason for hate among others... now with this ritual all women concentrate on their husband rather then fighting each other for some time( a blessing for all in house:wink:) and also reminds a man about the love he had to give to all its women... more then that when there was no law to protect women this deed makes man humble as you don't want to make your guarantee for long healthy life get evaporated because of some stupidity on your part.

this ritual was for creating peace in house rather then long life for man but getting it attached with this made it certain.. now just think how many woman will go for a fast and moon-view for peace in their house with fellow women.. you will get the idea.. now this doesn't require as much as in past.
    if we say world is going to live forever and you don't have to answer the crimes .. there is chance that the bad person in you will take hold as we all are animals afterall... something like this uses fear of a higher being to put people in right path.. same as our todays laws tries..

till vadic ages their were no statues of god... it came quite later and the reason was true business... if you look on history you will find that as much as wealth and materialism increased in world.. statue of gods and their temple and pathons had become more and more acceptable and praised. 2nd reason neil has already mentioned.

nothing to do with god just a political tool to give morality for your imperialist ambitions... Islam is used a example for this superiority thing most.. but as per my knowledge... quran said people with faith are near to god nor people with perticular religion and this is same in all holy books.

just a simple way to put that there is always a 2nd chance to do things right so person always have a path to come in light from darkness... nothing wrong in that... it would have been more difficult if you had tried for the good for world thing... normal people don't care for such big things.. by using this path intellectuals made sure that everybody tries to stay on path and if somebody get lost he can find the path again.

nothing related with relegion or intellactuals... a medivial thing which was used to put man in more domination... if you look in vadic, chinise, roman, greek, persian, egyptian culture.. women were equal to man and sometimes better then them.

first it was a very old tradition in human history as much old as human consious.. it was there before any religion came into existence... 2nd it is always good to have a hope that in end we will all meet again and will live happily ever after. 3rd.. when you are convinced that only good deeds allow you to live with your love ones after death you stick with good path or tries to.

human imagination for making sure that good things always triumph and they get you good rewards in end... so stick to path of good.

a pressure/tension release point so humans don't give in and failed one don't go for destroying the world and civilisation(terrorist are the best example of this.. they thought they are making world right rather then leaving it in god's hand and we are seeing what world had become)

didn't know either they talked or not.. but I believe they did and we all can as everywhere mentioned the kingdom of god is within you/god lives in you which means you have to look inside you and try to work with your conscious leading the way.. you will talk to the god.. as god is nothing else just the goodness in human being.

nothing to do with the snake and fruit.. it was just a way to make sure people fallow the law otherwise they will be thrown out of favor and this deal was offered with a escape route.. if you do good things enough you will regain the favor.. I am not going for favor thing but good things doen are a must in world isn't it?

this is to put the point in humans that devil is jealous to humans becuase humans have ablility to diffrentiate between good and bad.. which makes them equal to god.. now if I will say you are equal to god.. do you fallow the law and what I tell you. no you don't so they used a simple story of soil and fire.

neil has said it nothing more to add.
    there were time when women were allowed to have as much husband as they want... but with time it become vice-versa.. even the 1 women and many husband(sorry I forget what is the world used for it) is still in practice in several parts of world including India... but it is not useful or applicable in todays world and thats why we see a lot of this not happening anymore

nothing to do with statue or fire.. just making sure that the pact was done in front of god and people and so its is sacred and both of them should stick to it. a simple way to make marriage a social thing and increasing the stability in human society.
    you can.. i will try to explain the right ones and will stand with you against bad ones.

2 people like this.
  12. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

This one is on the top of the list for me .
    A women is supposed to have given birth but is supposed to be a virgin!!
    P.S is am born in to a catholic family!!

Next one its from Karnataka.
    Belief that rolling over food leftovers of Brahmins will cure you of illness!!

13. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

AFAIK this virginity story is not been there in first place but created by church to sell jesus as son of god and devine... nothing to do with god or good.. just church's desperate try to make Christianity equal to pagans religion... there was a story like this in roman and greek religion about birth of god sons to verginity... and the miraculus birth is attached to many pagans gods.. church just copied the idea... nothing related with truth.

Miraculous births - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

even to put it better they stole the whole story of greek god dionysus for jesus.

Dionysus: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Killed and Resurrected after Three Days

so just a marketing effort which has been success in people nothing else.

another physiological thing used to put people subdued and stopped them to raise voice against wrong doings of elite(this was complete sinister) and highly condemned thing.

1 person likes this.
  14. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

The bible's new testament was written, eddied on the orders of a roman king so that explanation sounds legit!!

15. Himanshu Pandey

Country Flag:
    India

thanks ... I am always on service of human kind:agree:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.