Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Dalit girls enter Orissa temple, whole village is punished

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by RoYaN, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Ryu

Mr.Ryu Captain SENIOR MEMBER

It's how you take it caste is just a big community of people who follow certain thing and are identified by what they do best and have their own way of life

One must not be proud that his caste is HIGHER than others :disagree:

But he can be proud of what his caste stands for and does, it's simply a way of life, i cant explain but i can feel. And i also doubt you can experience what i am telling. :fie:

eg : a particular caste does particular job well.
    a particular caste gives importance to particular practice which keep that practice alive.

See AADUKALAM :rofl: Tamil film you wont believe such deep root have exist in such small things in our daily life :secret:

Last edited: Jun 23, 2011
  2. divya

divya 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Yeah high caste are genetically altered X men created by god....

3. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I am happy I made you laugh.
    I know Pune is not equal to India but at least it is a start ! As far as Maharashtra is concern, it is better than UP, Bihar where open caste people don't it from Dalit cook ! Maharashtra is improving I think that is mostly because economic development.
    This is social problem current law do not interfere in religious matter (unfortunate).

4. Mr.Ryu

Which we as human must not be proud of

5. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Seen the movie killer songs and a hot chick not much else!!

6. RoYaN

Even in a city like Bangalore(known for its tolerance) people refuse to take in lower case maids,cooks,drivers etc.Iv seen this happen First hand in appartments where people are well educated but their Caste Pride is yet to leave them!!

7. marcos

marcos FULL MEMBER

Caste system has been the biggest bane for us .
    Even today dalits, even though they are educated are ill treated by the society.

Coupled with religion , caste system further alienates and divides the general populace

2 people like this.
  8. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Yes it is bitter truth, it is not fair to say that if they can't find any poor open caste maid then only they would have to go for Dalit maid, but their has to be some law which would punish house owners for this, like black listing them so they wont get any maid to work for them ! that would be good punishment.
    There are not many solutions to this problem by government but they could at least try to remove referring caste, like during school/college admissions, giving subsidy to farmers, filling up certain forms etc. In this way coming generation may not be so concern about knowing their caste, which might reduce or eliminate their Pride.

9. Mr.Ryu

You did not get the core story of cockfighting and the community behind it ? :blink:

Even it has been sent to International Film Festivals with some real scenes

Aadukalam applauded at Oslo

10. RoYaN

Im at a loss for words!!

11. Star Wars

Star Wars Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Pathetic attempt at flame bait, If you don't understand the logic behind that thread then don't Quote it ...

Besides.. I have told a million times in that thread the current caste system should be abolished, but I guess the Elite member does selectivly ignore posts...

So don't you judge me as an apologist of the current caste system... :rolleyes: Go take your frustrations elewhere
    You Fail in your point scoring arguement :rofl:

"I reported your post for flame bait"

12. desiman

desiman Lieutenant ELITE MEMBER

when will India rise from all this bullshit, seriously one day India does me proud and the other I have bow my head in shame.

13. Rocky 71

Rocky 71 FULL MEMBER

1.Whereas class division is something human beings inevitably accept, cast-ism has remained a slur on mankind as an obnoxious heritage from the past. Teachers, preachers, reformers, education, quota system - nothing has been able to obliterate this curse. They say India was to be the first location to try out Communism. But again cast system prevented it from even a start. LTTE, they say, continued so long because Prabhakaran would have lost his authority in peace because he was low cast. Even Sikhism or Christianity could not overcome the hold of cast-ism completely.

2. In India, Islam is the only escape that the low cast ever found to get out of millenniums of ignominious existence. At one stroke a Dalit became equal and accepted in society with all barriers removed.

14. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Say that dissertation to the Ahmadiyyas, the Shias, the Bahais and who else have you. Some people always make sure that they are more equal than others. That factor is inbuilt into human beings. Not even Communism could wipe that out.

15. Star Wars

Star Wars Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Caste System will take a generation to wipe out, the old generation still has th system but the yonger generation does not believe it, So yeah an entire generation or two maybe....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.