Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Dealing with protests in Kashmir: The army chief has spoken. Why is the prime minister silent?

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Hellfire, May 30, 2017.

1. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

As I told @nair and @PARIKRAMA , the first thing the present Chief did was to tell the PM in no uncertain terms that Army regularly undertakes grass cutting in it's cantonments to keep it in military pristine condition and whenever it grows tall, it needs to be cut
    :)

He espoused a similar approach in Kashmir for the IA.

People should realise that COAS is not chosen just like that :D

And that is not a 'mile' .. hundreds of thousands of miles :dance3:

Wolfpack, nair, Grevion and 1 other person like this.
  2. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

We are turning into nation of daisies, I blame upbringing.

I do pity the local police Intel, its time to reboot the IB, If todays daisies read up on how naxalbari and Khalistan movement was culled, all of em will get a stroke.

If state police is controlled by leaders who have a Rubber Spines, there is no other option than the army.

If you can type, you are a writer now. Coherence and logic was kicked out the door long long time ago.

JNU, AMU, Presidency, usual jhola chaap comrades.

nair, Wolfpack, Grevion and 2 others like this.
  3. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India

There was once an interesting incident. I narrate this as you raised issues about IB and upbringing.

A couple of Military Intelligence guys came to a certain point along LC. There was a certain officer :) who indicated the ingress routes (the likely and the usual, as they worked both ways due to shifting of mine fields with snow/landslide and rains) and the launch pad (a village on the other side of LC, easily observed from own post, inside a ravine and at same level but partially hidden by a spur.

The Intelligence Guys had RAW people along. The certain Officer was impressed to see so much 'Intelligence' in one place who were trying to 'study' the ingress patterns to give user a better feedback. ;)

So the certain officer suggested that they hold for the night, and as it was a moonless night and our own UAV was likely to do a sweep, suggested an ingress to the other side into the launchpad to get pics for them so they could update their infrastructure details there. (pics older than 6 months were available and needed update by the unit concerned itself as likelihood of new defences along the general area needed to be ascertained in the foliage)

They declined and instead of staying the night, they suddenly had to be elsewhere (no mobiles working in the area and certainly no calls on the Army Line/Net) that was the last time the officer saw them :D

4. Dagger

Dagger 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Sneaking suspicion. The officer prolly may have breathed hellfire that day.

Wolfpack and Hellfire like this.