Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Dhaka Exchange 4 Times the size of Karachi

Discussion in 'World Economy' started by Guynextdoor, May 4, 2017.

1. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Look at this extremely interesting find.

Dhaka Stock Exchange Market Cap: USD 320 Billion
    Karachi Stock Exchange Market Cap: USD 89 Billion

This shows that Dhaka is well beyond economic maturity. @Nilgiri check these numbers out and stop harssing the poor guys. They're doing just fine ;)

Wolfpack likes this.
  2. Nilgiri

Nilgiri Lieutenant GEO STRATEGIC ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    Dude don't copy and paste from wikipedia please, you just might end up believing in things like EVM tampering conspiracies too ;)

http://www.dsebd.org/recent_market_information.php

3739188.005 mn Taka = 45.2 billion USD

http://www.ksestocks.com/AboutPSX

As on May 3rd, 2017 there are 582 companies listed in PSX and the total market capitalization is Rs. 9,691.782 billions. = 92.3 billion USD

I am not "harassing" anyone over there w.r.t economy/development. I purely fact check when they drag India in for "comparison" with their feeble claims or govt crony propaganda.

Only harrasment I engage sometimes is towards their foreign policy and over-nationalism (more like their dreams regarding that).

3. AbRaj

AbRaj Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Bangladeshi are much more inclined towards salafi ideology than even Pakistan.
    You can see that by their hate against Hindus and India and Isis penetraton.Even they are protesting to remove a statue of Greek character
    https://www.dawn.com/news/1316897
    They are Islamic fanatics.

GSLV Mk III and Wolfpack like this.
  4. Nilgiri

Country Flag:
    India
    There are not homogeneous people (hence why India also has permeated their culture, elite and politics to large degree), but yes there are disturbing cocoons of this inside BD...hence why we see a disease of it spread out to border areas of India as well with the illegal immigration and human trafficking that has taken and still takes place.

India has to be wary of BD, it has been an underrated threat for too long because so many in India automatically assume BD's are all eternally grateful and friendly to India (or at least neutral) because of 1971.

Rude wake up call in that forum (more than other ones I have been at), i prodded deeply into some of their thought process over there, probably enough to write a book sometime lol.

5. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    They hate us to the core no matter how much we will do for them. Its purely ideological hate.

Wolfpack likes this.
  6. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

You shortsighted man, BD crossing Pak economically is the best victory we can have. You should support them in every way.

7. Butter Chicken

Butter Chicken Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Indian govt. should "ask" BD to import new cars from India rather than 2nd hard Japanese cars.

8. AbRaj

Country Flag:
    India
    They don't like Hindu cars and electricity.

9. Nilgiri

Country Flag:
    India
    I support through facts not wiki numbers anyone can copy and paste.

And no BD has not crossed Pakistan economically....though BD pace is definitely faster....so maybe around 2020 - 2025 they will (in GDP per capita PPP)