Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Does India want war?

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by layman, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    [​IMG]

what is this farcical tragedy being enacted on the LOC daily for the past couple of weeks, which has taken so many lives?

Let it be absolutely clear that both India and Pakistan have violated the LOC whenever it suits them. But at this juncture -when the military is fighting against domestic terrorists, and the elected government and the military agree that Pakistan faces its greatest threat from 'the enemy within' - for elements of our army to undertake a raid across the LOC to kill five Indian soldiers and provoke the Indian forces to retaliate is virtually impossible.

We now have reason to suspect that even the high profile Mumbai attacks might have been a 'false flag' operation by the Indians. Such suspicions have been aired earlier too by a former Indian Police IG in his book "Who killed Karkare?" Let us be clear that false flag operations by Indians are not unheard of. The Chittisinghpura massacre of 36 Sikhs in 2000 will suffice as an example, though there are many others.

I am unaware of Pakistan having undertaken a false flag operation, but that by no means implies that Pakistan might not have.

Unless India unshackles herself from Pakistan, she is going to remain a very small fish in a huge pond
    Not only is the Indian media creating its usual anti-Pakistan hype, Indian Defense Minister AK Antony and their army chief Bikram Singh are both stoking anti-Pakistan sentiments. So far, Pakistan has exercised restraint and reacted only in response.

There are those who believe that Indian leadership is nuts. I don't. There is method to their madness I am sure, though I admit that it is very elusive. Let us attempt to examine the possible causes of this apparent madness.

Is it possible that Nawaz Sharif's peace initiative with India is being hijacked by Hindu fundamentalists? Once again, this is not unprecedented. Although it seems too simplistic, it is a possibility.

However, that is not all. For the first time in our checkered history, it seems that an elected government has reached a consensus with the military on security related issues, not only on the domestic front but also on the peace initiative. Could this be another attempt to paint Pakistan Army as a "rogue army" attempting to hijack the peace initiative? Whether intended or not, Kargil did exactly that, so India has a precedent to quote.

This certainly seems plausible.

But Indian elections are also due. Is it possible that this hype is being created to hijack the peace initiative and create support for the hardline BJP in the forthcoming Indian elections? This certainly seems possible.

While it is entirely within the realm of possibility that Gen Bikram Singh is a closet RSS/BJP supporter, what about Antony, the defense minister? It is highly unlikely that he would survive as the Congress party's defense minister if he was dancing to the BJP tune.

There is a school of thought that holds that India is trying to divert the attention of its public from domestic woes. The New York Times lists those woes in "A summer of troubles saps India's confidence". An increasing number of people think that stymieing Pakistan's peace initiative, coupled with India's concerns regarding the efficiency of its defense forces, might be sufficient reason for the ongoing anti-Pakistan hype.

That India's economy is seriously troubled is now a well-chronicled fact. That the Congress, the largest party in India's coalition government, might create war hysteria to divert attention from its economic woes seems farfetched.

In his book "India's policy towards Afghanistan" published by Chatham House, Gareth Price explains how the Indian perspective is more appreciative of Pakistan's concerns in Afghanistan and how, in his view, India and Pakistan could happily co-exist in Afghanistan. In earlier articles, I also explained how Afghanistan could become a game changer in India-Pakistan relations, if they could get past their mutual animosity.

It is becoming increasingly obvious, if there were any doubts earlier, that this might be wishful thinking on the part of some Pakistani and many other analysts. Whatever her dreams of playing a 'world role', India is shackled to its far weaker neighbor, Pakistan, and unless India unshackles herself, she is going to remain a very small fish in a huge pond - a fish the same size as Pakistan.

I am among a minority of Pakistanis who do not view India's long-term involvement in Afghanistan as threatening. I hold this view despite India's allegedly covert efforts to stoke an insurgency in Balochistan However, many Pakistani analysts view Indian involvement in Afghanistan as threatening, and many Indian ones want to increase their presence in Afghanistan because they are convinced they can threaten Pakistan from an Afghan base.

Could India's desire for an enhanced role in Afghanistan's future be the cause of the current anti-Pakistan hype? This also seems rather preposterous and farfetched. But what if it is combined with an effort to depict our army as rogue again? That is almost a perfect fit.

In defense of this proposition, I can best quote Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's words attributed to his most famous fiction character, the detective Sherlock Holmes: "How often have I said to you (Dr Watson) that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth".

I must admit I have not eliminated the impossible. But then, I am not Sherlock Holmes.

2. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

so,you also begin to read the TFT.

3. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    Some interesting Bits intrigues always.

4. arun.id

arun.id Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Isn't Bikram Singh a stooge of UPA?? Army promotions are controlled by the political brass. If Bikram Singh was supporter of BJP, then he would've already done a coup and kicked out the UPA.

Sorry, forgot that this is a pakistani journal :p

5. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I thought you are not coming back.. what happened a change of heart? by the way welcome back

6. ArmChairGeneral

ArmChairGeneral Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Layman, is this an article you have written, or you are quoting somebody?

Let me make it very clear to you that there is a lot of propaganda coming out of Pakistan. This is a very irresponsible State which is blinded by a radical Islamist thought.

If you want to have a discussion, you have to make your intentions clear.

7. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    If you are brilliant enough you can understand who wrote it. :lol:

I care the least for what you are thinking or anybody else as a matter of fact.
    But it is true Radical PR is truck load of $hits.

Intentions ? First figure out what it means, then think What are you gonna do about it... :rofl:

8. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    And [MENTION=10184]ArmChairGeneral[/MENTION] I don't take sides if you are looking for one. Facts mere facts will be my discussion POV.

9. SajeevJino

SajeevJino Major SENIOR MEMBER

1 person likes this.
  10. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
  11. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    [MENTION=8719]layman[/MENTION] ... i have seen many times you usually do not add source for the articles you post ... thats y all the above fasad ... rather than discussion the matter ... people go too far n question ur integrity ... i know u r not that lazy :lol: to post a link ... :wink: :tup:

1 person likes this.
  12. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    Will try sure thing. But a simple search would give all the results. Issue arises is some news feeds are copyrighted, and it may give troubles. As of such now you can see lot of pictures in search from google are coming from IDF sites. If not critical will sure post the source.

Moreover i find it funny when people try to question by taking sides. I never take sides, but it is fine new members always try to find position themselves on one side. But it is has given me a great laughter... :rofl:

And Moreover Kaku'ji has given the source in the second post, jus that link is not pasted for easy click. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.