Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Doklam Plateau - India, Bhutan and China Stand-Off

Discussion in 'Defence Analysis' started by Bloom 17, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate THINKER

Country Flag:
    India
    General area as under

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 2.32.46 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 2.33.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-08-10 at 2.34.25 AM.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    Levina, Art90, surya kiran and 6 others like this.
  2. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India
  3. Golden_Rule

Golden_Rule Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

India should claim the exact same area as claimed by China from Bhutan, and Bhutan should oblige India with that land. Now, let China face India direct. Bhutan is out.

Angel Eyes and Sweet-detention like this.
  4. Indian Jatt

Indian Jatt Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I heard we have moved 33 corps based at sukna?? Is it true, that's close to 40000 people, is it for posturing or the real thing?

5. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India
    The whole Corps never moves out. Please head back to the map wherein I have marked general operational area of 17,27 and 20 Mountain Division. Their troops have moved for their operational areas.

Actual moves will also entail move of troops along Arunachal - Bhutan - China border and troops ear marked for Nepal axes will be staged forward.

6. Indian Jatt

Indian Jatt Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It's clear now, the Chinese gave us too much time to move, now we have fortified positions.
    One question sir...
    Do Chinese MLRS hold good against mountainous terrain? and is it fit for light tanks?

7. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India

The MLRS hold good on either side. Also, the terrain allows for limited tank mobility and tanks supported assault in very fair weather and along fixed axes.

Basically, deploying a tank in East Sikkim other than in pillbox role, will be foolish.

PS: Quit the sir thing.

8. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India

Madam.

I hope you realise that what matters is understanding the Chinese perception to deal with them. My sincere suggestion is for you to read up the 1962 war and the events leading upto it.

Unfortunately for you, you are highly mistaken in believing that the Chinese have influenced me badly (and followed by a lol). It has been taught to us, that to understand your enemy, you need to think like them, understand their perception and then work to counter them. I am not sure as to what kind of training you have had.

Feel free to reply here and let me know if you need to discuss the issue without the tint of nationalistic bombastic claims & counter claims to better understand the equation that you are dealing with. Unfortunately for majority of Indians, who are like your esteemed self here, your enemy neither plays by your rule nor acts as per your predictions.

If you read the series of post I had made till your absurd comment which you deleted, you would have understood that the way to deal with China lies in undercutting the so called Historical Claims over Tibet, howsoever remote, and Sinkiang and buttressing our own claims in the process. For that, you need to know the facts, and the facts are that while China has no historical claim over Aksai Chin, neither do we, and amply exemplified by the fact that they built a road through it in 1951 and Nehru came to know of it in 1957, after signing of 1954 agreement, wherein, again he failed to settle the boundary agreement while handing over Tibet to China on a platter.

Additionally, get your facts correct. At no point, since 1947 when China under the KMT was included in the group of four 'Allied Powers' (India was missing) that defeated the three 'Axis Powers' in Asia, did China contest the Simla Treaty between British India and Tibet. They, instead, merely challenged the right of Tibetans to sign it and enter into an agreement when the world powers at the time, recognised Chinese suzerainty (please differentiate the word from sovereignty) over Tibet & Sinkiang.

Now shift to the narrative that we have been defending, after making it as the narrative, the legality of the Simla Convention between Tibet and British India. When you shift the 'reading frame' in genetics, you have aberrations resulting in diseases. When you shift the reading frame here, you create a mess for yourself.

First get your facts lined up. Feel free to come back and we can actually discuss this matter out on an appropriate thread where I shall tag you.

Cheers.

randomradio, Art90 and Grevion like this.
  9. A_poster

A_poster Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

I may be wrong ,but unlike tube artillery, MLRS could not hit reverse slopes with efficacy as firing them at a steep angle would make them go haywire due to their center of mass being away from edges.

Indian Jatt likes this.
  10. Hellfire

Country Flag:
    India

Interesting take there.

Can you explain to me the difference between the term 'tube artillery' and MLRS? What is Tube Artillery? Is MLRS a subset of the same? And what are your comments on GPS guided Rockets of MLRS? Are they capable of being guided or the GPS is meant only for the 'show'?

vstol jockey likes this.
  11. InfoWarrior

InfoWarrior Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Best way to deal with China is to understand it... @vstol jockey

USA can push around China, India should take advantage of this situation. USA is trying to pressurize China over North Korean nuclear weapons. All this amid Doklam India-China stand-off.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  12. enquencher

enquencher FULL MEMBER

What i understand bu this stand off.

More than normal aggressive behaviour of India

Usa wanting to take on north korea.
    But china apposing it.

Is this a plan out there with engaging china with india ...usa n allies go for nort korea.china will invariably be put on vigil in scs due to us involvement making them weak in doklam.
    Above that therr is heavy presence and movement of troops and artillery by russia allalong the sino Russia border .

Is something big happening?

13. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    where did you get this news from.

14. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    "When all efforts to restore peace prove useless and no words avail, lawful is the flash of steel, it is right to draw the sword."-Guru Gobind Singh Ji

@Abingdonboy Time is very near to implement these words vis-a-vis Pakistan & China.............

Art90 and InfoWarrior like this.
  15. lca-fan

lca-fan Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Okay guys just heard Chinese are hardening their bunkers and increasing Over head protection of existing bunkers and also constructing New Bunkers.
    Also movement of men, material & equipment belonging to PLAF at airbases is being observed.

Amit Shah to be appointed as new DM.