Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Donald Trump refuses to make state visit to UK until Theresa May ‘fixes warm UK welcome'

Discussion in 'Europe & Russia' started by Vergennes, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Vergennes

Vergennes Strategist Staff Member MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    @BMD

'When I know I’m going to get a better reception, I’ll come and not before'

[​IMG]

Donald Trump reportedly told Theresa May he will not make a state visit to the UK until he is guaranteed a "better reception".

The US President asked the Prime Minister to prepare a "warm welcome" before he agrees to set a date, it has been claimed.

The pair spoke on the phone to discuss the planned state visit, which has now been postponed until next year.

"I haven’t had great coverage out there lately, Theresa," Mr Trump told Ms May, according to a transcript of the conversation seen by The Sun.

Ms May replied: "Well, you know what the British press are like."

But Mr Trump added: "I still want to come, but I’m in no rush.

So, if you can fix it for me, it would make things a lot easier.

"When I know I’m going to get a better reception, I’ll come and not before."

Over 1.8 million people signed a petition to prevent Mr Trump from being honoured with a formal state visit.

The petition reads: “Donald Trump should be allowed to enter the UK in his capacity as head of the US Government, but he should not be invited to make an official State Visit because it would cause embarrassment to Her Majesty the Queen.”

It comes just days after French President Emmanuel Macron wooed his American counterpart during an official state visit to France.

The pair took a tour of the Les Invalides war memorial and Elysee Palace before a bilateral meeting, followed by a luxurious dinner in the Eiffel Tower.

Mr Trump was also the guest of honour at Friday's military parade on the Champs-Elysees - the first time a US President had attended since George Bush in 1989

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ime-minister-fixes-warm-welcome-a7843391.html

Abingdonboy and Sancho like this.
  2. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    To be fair though, in France more than 1.8m would have signed a petition against him. There are 1.8m people that way inclined in nearly every country.

3. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
    Trump was in Paris few days ago. He received a warm welcome here,like to his wife Melania. He even was a guest to this year's Bastille day military parade. Not even a hundred persons were protesting in the streets against his visit. Mostly US citizens living in Paris.

However,I am sure his visit to the UK would lead to massive opposition,even London's mayor reaffirmed his opposition to Trump and said there would be no red carpet for him. I mean,as much as Trump can be detestable sometimes,he's still the head of the most powerful country on earth.

Gessler and Abingdonboy like this.
  4. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Possibly because he cancelled a trip to the UK last minute and then turned up in Paris. Nobody knew he was coming until he was there. Nobody had chance to organise protests. You can't say that with 6 million Muslims, nobody in France would have protested otherwise.

5. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
    Why yo lyin' fam ? :lol:

Macron officially invited Trump on the 27th of june. Trump accepted the next day. He arrived on the 13rd of july.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  6. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Inability to put the country first, instead of personal opinion. Such people should avoid public office.

7. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    They kept it very quite because from where I was sitting it was like, oh Trump is in Paris. Who are you kidding, you have 6 million Muslims, given forewarning, they would have been Allahu Akbaring all over the shop.

8. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Trump should visit North Yorkshire, Brexit country, like Marlboro Country only cooler.

9. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
    LMAO,it made headlines here and everyone knew he was coming. It was the US President for c*ck's sake,who are you trying to fool ? :lol:

As I said there were not even a hundred people protesting,most being US citizens living in Paris. In fact yes,Trump's venue attracted lot of people,curious people wanting to see the US President and the 1st lady.

10. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Nobody here knew until he was there. Nobody knew, that's why nobody protested. FFS, all the Allahu Akbaring turds you have and not on single one protesting??? Something strange there.

11. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
    There was more two weeks between Trump's venue announcement and his actual arrival in Paris and his two days stay. People had plenty times to organize or to plan protests.

However,I am sure that in the UK,Trump would be met with strong opposition,from the British first,let alone the islamists and foreigners.

12. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    You have twice as many Islamists as the UK, who are you kidding? You are the Islamist capital of Europe.

Trump should come to North Yorkshire, a place that's definitely still British and forget London.

13. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
    Trump should visit Lambeth,Lewisham,Tower Hamlets. Nice places. Forget about Yorskhire however it's called.

14. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    You're kidding yourself. You pulled a good con job I'll give you that, but you have way more Islamists than us. Trump should stay away from London because it's like putting someone's head in your downstairs toilet and pretending it's representative of your house. Like I said, Yorkshire, Yorkshire, might mighty Yorkshire. And the North is the best.

15. Vergennes

Country Flag:
    France
    You never know. One day you might be forced to move to the south for a reason or another. OR worse,maybe southerners will move to North Yorshkshire for a reason or another. :biggthumpup: