Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Donald Trump's closest advisor Steve Bannon thinks there will be war with China in the next few year

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by lca-fan, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Darth Marr

Darth Marr Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    AM having second thoughts on supporting trump.... lol

2. lca-fan

lca-fan Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    But doesn't that means death certificate of US too? Welcome to MAD.:azn:

3. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    It did back in the '80s against the USSR but China doesn't have anywhere near enough intercontinental warheads to achieve that, and the US has gained a significant ABM defence capability since then. The smartest move for China and the only winning one, is to rethink its claims and cease seizure of reefs in the South China Sea. I predict a nuclear war would result in a few badly damaged areas in the US and a completely obliterated China and an increase in the sales of sun block and shades in India.

4. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I predict that chimpanzee-in-chief will do some nice dancing for us; to the tunes of Xi.

https://www.google.co.in/amp/amp.sl...hows_that_trump_is_a_terrible_deal_maker.html

Xi must have grabbed him by ... hairs that he had to concede the one China policy.

5. Ripcord322

Ripcord322 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    See...Bro...
    The United States has many options to express its displeasure against China...Like going against it in...South China Sea...Or the WTO....Or imposing dumping duties in certain Chinese Products...Or making one side Trade Rules....Or Punishing Companies that move Production to China....

But not Going Against 'One China' Policy.....

Oh boy....The Chinese take Thier Territorial Integrity Very Very Very Seriously....Look how angry they Get when someone invites The Dalai Lama.... Look at what happened to Mongolia...When we call The Dalai Lama...There is always so incursion from the PLA into our borders and we have to sit and watch...And wait for them to leave...They just walk or ride in....As if 'baap ki Zameen hai'....Well I know US is No Mongolia....

But Still....

'One-China' is the Whole basis of the formation of the PRC...If anyone goes against that....Then oh boy....The Chinese will fight till the last man/bullet....And not just Politically...Even for the people this issue is very very close to their hearts....

I guess Washington just realised that...But that doesn't mean all is well...The Bad Mouthing Trump did against China will definitely carry some actions wrt to Trade and Jobs only I guess....The Americans won't get themselves involved in the Taiwan Conflict...They are not fools....They are Americans.... Managing Conflicts and Maneuvering their way out since decades.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. PeegooFeng41

PeegooFeng41 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Did you read that article? His point was exactly that Trump stepped on snakes tail and had to run back.

This is exactly the kind of dance I expect him to do in all the four years he has got. Take an uncalibrated step and then backtrack it. Diplomacy requires careful calibration of action which he seems to miss- a lot. His problem is exactly that too many choices of handles on China and he seems to be confused.

7. Ripcord322

Ripcord322 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Yes I did....What I was saying is that.... He won't go against core Chinese Principles... Like one China Policy....

Instead he would try to make a level playing field for trade and commerce...

I won't comment on the political or diplomatic competence of him or his administration....

8. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Sometimes the news doesn't tell you everything though.

9. Rain Man

Rain Man 2nd Lieutant POLITICAL ANALYST

Country Flag:
    India
    It will be good for us if tension rises in SCS, and Trump has to follow up with something tangible after taking such a vocal stand against China regarding SCS and trade/outsourcing. In both cases we have direct and indirect gains.

10. jha

jha 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

One China Policy even being in news, must be infuriating for Chinese.

BTW Keep an eye on capital flight from China. If this continues, comiing years will be "interesting".

Rain Man likes this.