Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Eurofighter Typhoon v/s Dassault Rafale - Analysis

Discussion in 'Indian Air Force' started by jagjitnatt, Apr 29, 2011.

?

which aircraft do you prefer

1. RAFALE

177 vote(s)
    54.1%
  2. TYPHOON

150 vote(s)
    45.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr_Breaker

Mr_Breaker Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

lol i had a read an i noticed Halloweene in there, he couldnt help but have a pop at the typhoon bless him. to be honest im not surprised at the restults... the americans did a good job against the SUs in there F15s... So why cant the typhoon? As the original artical says alot of it is down to the pilot not the plane. Thats why an RAF Jaguar beat a Rafale (wait 4 comments from Haloweene)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  2. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I know India just love their Su-30MKI's, but its an exercise. I am annoyed that Halloweene tried to make them hate Eurofighter more. Gee Wiz, they started saying, "how can Eurofighter beat Su-30mki." and then started this whole superior thing against Eurofighter. I was there and told them what it has in just little detail. Then BOOM all hell broke loose.

3. Mr_Breaker

LOL yeah i notied, what get me is they all seem to think just cause it has TVC its untouchable in WVR comate. but there getting mixed up with airshow tricks and how much TVC is usfull in combate. just watch the first part of that video from 8 mins... the instructor talks about how the inexperienced pilots use TVC and the effects of TVC on the SU-30

4. halloweene

halloweene Major MILITARY STRATEGIST

TVC enhance instant turn tho it can mean loads of energy loss...That said, i wouldnt cite those us comment as iaf jets had a liaison prob. Yes a jaguar targeted a rafale, as ithink a F1 did on a typhoon...Any plane can have lucky win...
    and no no 4 comments lol what about? Only point is u do trust dact reported results when its good for typhoon, but deny them when its againsty typhoon...These exercise results are always to be carefully looked at. If i emphasized some resutls, its onlu because there is a generally advertised opinion that Typhoon is better then Rafale in A2A..Without any clue (well quite the opposite).

5. Young Wolf

Young Wolf 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

nobody knows what happened at red flag 08, so to say that the americans did well against the sukhois is wrong- the colonel is wrong on huge no. of accounts and usaf says that he was never at the red flag - vishnu som who was at the red flag says that the mki's werent defeated even once in one on one, but people normally dont trust indian media.......the colonel does say in then end that the sukhoi is better than the f 15s and f 16s - but the very fact that he reached this conclusion on the basis of performance at one excercise shows his unprofessionalism and inexperience

6. halloweene

Hehe maybe he is trying to console after rafale spanking to beloved F16? That one is official (was on tv). Leaks say F15 beat MkI due to data link failure, which is not really surprizing as iaf dont use L16...But i'm not aware of all that

7. Mr_Breaker

Instant turn rate is nothing unless u have sustained turn rate. (as u said the loss of energy) The only good thing IMO TVC can provide in a WVR dog fight is roll rate and extra thrust.

And you wouldnt do the same if there was a report that the EF or SU-30 thrashed the Rafale... u would question it to your grave. Any ways i never denyed any reports about the EF and Rafale..

8. Capt.Popeye

Capt.Popeye Captain SENIOR MEMBER

AFAIK, it was'nt just that. The IAF MKI's used their radars in "training mode" in Red Flag, just so that nobody could get the "gen" on it. So I would'nt lay too much value on what Mr.TopGun is saying in the video. And AFAIK, the French AF also did the same with their radars on one of the Red Flag exercises, don't know which one. But it left the USAF quite pissed off then!

9. Mr_Breaker

What i was referring to in the "topgun" report was the WVR combate between the f-15/16 and SU-30. Nothing to do with radar

10. halloweene

Hehe yes probably, but there isnt any aprt from 2 kills for typhoon from Luftwaffe...

11. Mr_Breaker

that we know of

12. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I am sure other countries have their own type of datalinks.

13. halloweene

some videos about 2008 red flag [video]
    RAfale vs F16 6-2 at red flag for info US Cpt sMatt Spears ays "rafale has unique capabilities,...Its much more agressive then F16 etc."

14. halloweene

Yes, non NATO countries can use L16, so if ONE relay is out, they are badly in problem.. I mean during Red Flag

15. Mr_Breaker

we all know what happened at red flag 2008, the french shot and ran!!! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.