Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

F-35 inferior to T-50 & J-20 in head to head combat - Carlo Kopp

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by Optimist, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. katherine

katherine FULL MEMBER

Mann, I'm late to my cardio class. Thanks for the amazing discussion. I Love you boys.

2. katherine

katherine FULL MEMBER

I have never looked at it this way. Makes more sense. Thanks Picard. I'm sitting in LA traffic on highway 408. This makes traffic less annoying.

3. Death.By.Chocolate

Death.By.Chocolate 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

IAF mediocre ? No, I don’t think that is true. The Israeli Air Force did fight the Russians, it didn’t go so well for the Russians.

4. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

That it does. F-35 simply isn't fighter, and current scheme is improvisation due to F22 cuts. But F35 will face cuts too, meaning that many of 4th generation aircraft will have to be zero-houred... or US force structure will be greatly reduced.

5. katherine

katherine FULL MEMBER

@Neil-diablos.....I agree. The f23 was a beast and served the definition of 5th gen much better. Most american believe the widow would have been a better platform too. But uncle Sam sleeps around a lot and Lockheed was an easy **********. she was his favorite slut. ********** tastes better wet and LM was dripping compared to Northrop. I'm talking of coarse about money, deals, and shameful business. Northrop had better experience with stealth. Too bad ay, I have a huge poster of the widow in my appartment. She's a sexy **********.

1 person likes this.
  6. katherine

katherine FULL MEMBER

Hayyy, why did you sensor that? I was talking about kitty cat ;).....kitty cat tastes better wet, there. I fixed it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Picard

That is so with entire US weapons industry... in Vietnam, military sabotaged M-16 because they didn't like M14 being replaced. During World War 2, extreme amount of resources (and personnell) was spent on strategic bombing of cities... which never was effective militarily. Nowadays, gargatanuan sums are being spent on "poster-child" weapons such as stealth aircraft, aircraft carriers and so on, while more mundane - and more important - weapons are being more or less ignored - littoral operations capability (small diesel subs, missile gunboats, torpedo boats) - USN uses 2-billion USD destroyers and multi-hundred-million USD frigattes to hunt down pirates in wooden motor boats. And so on...

8. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    damn ... there r kids on this forum ... :rofl:

9. katherine

katherine FULL MEMBER

After my cardio in Westwood los Angeles I'm gonna head out to El Segundo to visit my dad at his work place. I wanna be sneaky and ask him some questions. He has an office there and lots of posters of missiles and satellites. It's my favorite place to visit. Any ideas what i should ask him?

10. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    This is not the middle ages in air warfare, the F22 is not going to get into a knife fight, any more the modern soldiers are going to use bayonets. The reason for the limited production is not only cost but the fact is the USSR folded and there is no significent other air power in the world to defend against and not likely to be in the next decade. Combined Russia and India spend about 1/40th what the US spends on research and development, Israel with only six million people spend about half as much as Russia and India and research and development. Broken arrows: Lack of aircraft for training forces, drop in pilot intake and delay in delivery of Sukhois and jet trainers hits Air Force | Mail Online

11. Picard

And here you go with stupid comparasions.

Battle of Danny Boy, BTW.

12. satya

satya Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Honestly, I deserved it, But I was fighting alone from F-22's side for quite sometime and seeing a member commenting even tiny positivity about F-22 striked as hypocrisy to me. Hence I gave that stupid reaction.

Back on topic

I still see it the same aircraft, difference is the world as compared changed more dramatically than USA expected. Some years back They said there is no planned or in production aircraft to rival it but then PAK-FA and J-20 happened, challenging the status of Raptor

IRST was a part of sensor package to be installed on F-22 Raptor but due to weight constraints Lockheed Martin first converted it to B/W from Full Color and then ultimately dropped it. Its not their stupidity but they were helpless when they overshot the weight limit by 800Kg or so

It doesn't happen like that Dude! OBOGS is a problem which is perhaps common to all airframes but it is solvable. IF USAF or LM had to only save face they could have started using oxygen bottles once again. And I don't know what other glitches you are talking about, Hawaii emergency doesn't necessarily mean there is another permanent problem with all airframes. We all know that emergency landings can occur on any aircraft and due to any reason from big to small. And it is reported that F-22 has least no. of aborted takeoffs and emergency landings. Its superstar status goes terribly against it when such things happen otherwise nobody makes fuss if a F-16,15 make emergency landing.

I accept OBOGS is a serious problem and it require to be fixed soon, but that doesn't make an aircraft incapable overall. Certainly there would be difficulty in operating it with this problem in crunch time but this is wrong to believe that it will never be fixed. If a soldier suffers from severe cough it adversely affects his performance but once it is cured he is good like before.

Try to evolve? yes certainly they can do that, F-22's production line is frozen and no more F-22s will be joining in future. So given the low number of F-22s in inventory USA can choose to develop other airframes to supplement F-22 strike force.
    I hope you are not suggesting to send F-22s to scrapyard and develop F-15SE

Now this is interesting

Okay so how much stealthier you think YF-23 was as compared to YF-22? 30%-50% more? I don't think anymore than that.
    Now when F-22 is providing you maneuverability with RCS equivalent to that of a steel marble would you choose YF-23 with RCS half of that of F-22 but not maneuverable as F-22? F-22 is already difficult to detect at BVR ranges and smaller RCS would have pushed back detection range further 30-40KM, but what are the gains? you still can't engage enemy at such a long distance.

So isn't it better to have maneuverability instead? maneuverability isn't necessarily required for dogfights but even in supersonic regimes it determines how easily you could break away from your flight path and change your location. Which is very very important when you have to place yourself in an advantageous position against the enemy. F-22 can still achieve first look-first shot and you can get you outta there fast. And in worst case scenario when your BVRs missed due to not so good P[k] against numerically superior enemies maneuverability can save the day for you. But in case enemy managed to get in WVR to YF-23 there would have been greater troubles.

So according to me there is no hypocrisy on USAF's part, its you who take it in different way.
    I am happy to discuss this further but would keep your lines as reference.

It would have made a great stealth plane and not a great fighter plane overall

thank you, I don't know too much about it anyway

13. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
  14. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Please don't do that to your dad, enjoy your time with him when visiting his place.

15. Picard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.