Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

F-35 reality check

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by Picard, Jul 17, 2015.

1. BMD

BMD Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    What's the matter, people not buying enough Rafales?

2. Ezco

Ezco Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
    As You re uneducated, I try to help you understanding the article.
    "...
    The Pentagon’s top testing office warns that the F-35 is in no way ready for combat since it is “not effective and not suitable across the required mission areas and against currently fielded threats.” (Emphasis added) As it stands now, the F-35 would need to run away from combat and have other planes come to its rescue, since it “will need support to locate and avoid modern threats, acquire targets, and engage formations of enemy fighter aircraft due to outstanding performance deficiencies and limited weapons carriage available (i.e., two bombs and two air-to-air missiles).” In several instances, the memo rated the F-35A less capable than the aircraft we already have.

The memo from the Director, Operational Test & Evaluation makes very clear that the constant stream of positive pronouncements made by the Joint Program Office and Air Force generals have been false. Statements that General Hawk Carlisle, the Air Force’s Air Combat Commander, recently made to the press and that Joint Program Office chief Lt. Gen. Christopher Bogdan has made in testimony on Capitol Hill are directly contradicted by the facts reported in the memorandum. “The F-35A will be the most dominant aircraft in our inventory because it can go where our legacy aircraft cannot and provide the capabilities our commanders need on the modern battlefield,” General Carlisle said during the IOC announcement. According to Dr. Gilmore, however, this is not the case and there is evidence that the Air Force knew this already. Before declaring its variant ready for combat the Air Force conducted and presumably read its own evaluation. The DOT&E memo clearly states that the findings contained within are “fully consistent” with the official report of the Air Force’s own internal IOC Readiness Assessment Team report."

Finally here we are, Gilmore will be replace after next presidential votation. Before leaving he wants to finish his job properly and warn F35 users how manipulated there were.
    We were several here trying to open your eyes. As uneducated people you and average can't not understand. But Gilmore makes it clear.

3. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    OMFG! POGO.:facepalm:

4. Ezco

Ezco Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
    Ahhhh... Always the same with uneducated people. They have difficulty to use google to ring the memorandum summaries by Pogo.
    So just for average and BMD I post the full official report. That says what I posted previously
    https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3035572/DOT-amp-E-AF-IOC-Memo.pdf
    "
    While the Air Force recently declared Initial Operational Capability (IOC) with "basic" Block 3i capabilities, most ofthe limitations and deficiencies for the F-35A with Block 3i discussed in my FY15 Annual Report and Congressional testimonies remain and will adversely affect mission effectiveness and suitability. In fact, the program is actually not on a path toward success, but instead on a path toward failing to deliver the full Block 3F capabilities for which the Department is paying almost $400 billion by the scheduled end of System Development and Demonstration (SDD) in 2018. I f Initial Operational Test and Evaluation (IOT&E) were conducted today on the aircraft in the Block 3i configuration - with which the Air Force recently declared IOC -the system would likely be evaluated as not effective and not suitable across the required mission areas and against currently fielded threats. I f used in combat, the F-35 in the Block 3i configuration, which is equivalent in capabilities to Block 2B, will need support to locate and avoid modem threats, acquire targets, and engage formations of enemy fighter aircraft due to outstanding performance deficiencies and limited weapons carriage available (i.e., two bombs and two air-to-air missiles). Unresolved Block 3i deficiencies in fusion, electronic warfare, and weapons employment continue to result in ambiguous threat displays, limited ability to effectively respond to threats, and, in some cases, a requirement for off-board sources to provide accurate coordinates for precision attack. Although the program recently addressed some ofthe Block 3i deficiencies, many significant deficiencies remain and more are being identified by operational test and fielded units, many ofwhich must be corrected ifthe program going to provide the expected "full warfighting capability" described in the Operational Requirements Document (ORD). "

Does the office of secretary of defense is a reliable source for BMD ... Ahahahaha

5. Ezco

Ezco Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
    I have to say I like that one :
    "...
    Close Air Support (CAS). The F-35A in the Block 3i configuration has numerous limitations which make it less effective overall at CAS than most currently-fielded fighter aircraft like the F-15E, F-16, F-18 and A-10 in a permissive or low-threat environment, which is where CAS is normally conducted. The following observations are consistent with the Air Force IRA report: ..."

6. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    It's over a month old, a lot has changed with testing in the last month and some of the statements don't tie in with the testing that has been observed. Plenty of F-35s have been seen flying with external weapon fits for instance.

7. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    Whaooo! F-35 can fly with external loaddddd!!!!!

8. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Well yeah, it's not exactly ground-breaking, just stating a fact.

9. BON PLAN

BON PLAN Major SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
  10. Ezco

Ezco Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
    What you see... what you observe is what LM want you to see in order to hide the truth.
    The DOTE is by nature and because it is his role as much as possible independent. These independent entities are claiming now for the last 4 years that the official communication is lying. They are claiming the F35 is not usable for is intended purpose. They even anticipate it could be that it is never usable for the initial purpose.

Within the 2016 testing plan they are already 50 % behind the target. this target contains the older already postponed tests the LM is pushing in further software blocks.
    The plan that DOTE is not the normal plan... it is the workaround of the workaround.
    Anybody who has knowledge in this know a program that runs like that has to be stopped. Nothing good can be produces by a so uncontrol and corrupted process.

11. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Sounds more like a description of Rafale marketing. You should be thankful that less people understand French than English.

CAS isn't even a priority task. There are literally a thousand assets for CAS, from drones to AC-130 to precision artillery and attack helicopters..

12. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

None of which can do CAS properly. But yes, for Air Forces, CAS is not a priority task. In fact, they do everything they can to get rid of it.

13. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    An AC-130 is the best god damn CAS platform that's ever existed, even the Taliban admit this. They're more scared of it than the A-10.

14. Ezco

Ezco Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    France
    It is not because you have nothing to say about the DOTE memo that you re oblige to talk about Rafale.
    Just confirm that you have nothing to say and it would be sufficient.

15. BMD

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Your plane is unstealthy and hence vulnerable and shit.

How's that?