Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

F22 analysis expanded

Discussion in 'The Americas' started by Picard, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Picard

Picard Lt. Colonel RESEARCHER

:haha: Then there has never been a single superpower in history of mankind.

That is correct.

1 person likes this.
  2. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    No but I still have hope that one day he will

3. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    bus dhoti fad ke rumal kar diya:lol:

AA is person with single point view and think he knows all it will take time but......

4. Averageamerican

Averageamerican Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
  5. neil_diablos

neil_diablos Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I wonder where in my post I mentioned that India has aspirations to become a superpower.

Communism??????

6. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    More then a 100 million people have died or been killed over communism in my life time I would call it a ideology all most a religion.

7. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    We are developing several sub-orbital and orbital military craft that will serve in both offensive and defensive roles. IRST lends itself to such craft as the higher the altitude the greater the range of an IRST system. When paired with an ECM it is very useful because these fast moving high altitude craft can only be intercepted by even faster moving weapons, which cannot possibly hide their very large infrared signatures. These sub-orbital and orbital military craft systems will be synthesized with the F22 and F35 systems. Its not just the Russian planes that are obsolete, its their thinking that obsolete.

8. Picdelamirand-oil

Picdelamirand-oil Lt. Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    France
    You know, all satellites go in the same direction to beneficiate of Earth rotation. But suppose you launch a satellite in the other direction. For the same launcher it will be lighter. Suppose now that you explode it. You create an amazing amount of debris and the relative speed of these debris is 60 000 km/h compare of normal satellite. Very easy and cheap to destroy your crafts, you even don't need to be on a precise orbit!

9. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    We are working on it. SASSA, the Military's New Satellite Self-Defense System, is Ready to Go to Space

http://www.popsci.com/technology/ar...s-new-satellite-defense-system-ready-go-space

10. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    Guns on fighter planes are like bayonets on rifles, useful as a last resort, or to finish off an opponet, but will be seldom used in modern combat. The F22 is not designed for dog fighting, it should be able to hold its own but it should never happen.

11. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    SASSA could be very useful in peace time or Crisis time because nobody will try to destroy a US satellite if it risks to be detected by SASSA. But in war time SASSA couldn't save your craft against the threat I described. If your ennemy have space dominance try to make the space not useful for war.

12. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    You may be right about the threat you describe, but I am not sure there arent countmeasures, do you have any source on that type of threat. I do know the F22 , F35 are able to used as miniAWACS to counter out satellites being taken out, also some new cruise missiles are to be able to select ships as targets with out satellites.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  13. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    The main threat to USA is the pentagone and the way it manages weapon programs. Let's look at the Augustine's 16th law:

Augustine's laws were a series of tongue in cheek aphorisms put forth by Norman Ralph Augustine, an American aerospace businessman who served as Under Secretary of the Army from 1975 to 1977. In 1984 he published his laws.[1]

Law 16

His most cited law is number 16, which shows that defense budgets grow linearly but the unit cost of a new military aircraft grows exponentially:

In the year 2054, the entire defense budget will purchase just one tactical aircraft. This aircraft will have to be shared by the Air Force and Navy 3½ days each per week except for leap year, when it will be made available to the Marines for the extra day."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augustine's_law

2 people like this.
  14. Picdelamirand-oil

Country Flag:
    France
    The only counter mesure I know is to destroy first the bases from wich the ennemy can launch satellites. It's a huge attack! Could escalade to atomic war.

15. Averageamerican

Country Flag:
    United States
    An attack on US satellite would be considered an act of war and as an attack on the USA and as anything else could escalate to an atomic war.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.