Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Famous Indian painter M.F. Hussain is dead

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Sid, Jun 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

His paintings are not a crime, but the way they have done is a crime. He painted Hindu deities naked as that is a way of insult. Not my words, his. Asked why why he painted Hitler naked, he replied " to insult him".

Did he paint his mother and daughter beautifully naked? NO. Instead of writing Sita, let him write Ayesha, and see what happens. Even you can try it. Or you can commission an artist

A cowardly man, who could not face criminal charges. If they were so frivilous, he should have faced them and shown their frivolity. But he was smarter than you people, his lawyer was no fool either. He was bound to be convicted.

Then he administered a slap on India's face. So much for his love for India.

Let Qatar bury him with state honors, they bought him honor and all. No state honoe in India should be given to a foreigner.

2 people like this.
  2. rcscwc

Hindus are liberal and patient. But stretch it too much. Why don't you become an arch liberal and post a pic of your parent copulating? After that too is a truth. NO?

1 person likes this.
  3. Sid

Sid Captain SENIOR MEMBER

No issues brother!! :smile:

And who are you to judge which is a slight opportunity and which is a major one? Leave it to the courts. But Hussain didn't had the balls to face the courts, thats why he remained in Qatar.

Anyone remotely anti Hindu becomes a champion for the Indian pseudo secularists and liberals!

4. rcscwc

Wherever possible, they are already polarized. Muslims and xian vote as block in the Kerala elections. Muslim league got 20 seats on muslim votes.

5. simplystupid

simplystupid Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

I never took different route. That is what is i believe - always implied message may be never explicitly stated....
    Coming to "degrade social and religious values on Hindu Identity" who decides this. at-least Roman Catholics have Pope and bible and documents - Islam has Koran - who decides this for Hinduism. Even it is there.. why should one delegate to some one else....what basis is that "liberalism" Degraded ? Hinduism is not born today or yesterday - it is oldest surviving religion. what you are thinking liberalism is major and integral part of Hinduism.
    Every one has right to say some t hing.. but one has restrain that freedom not hurt sentiments. Sentiments are personal.if some one person said something and hurts, that is mistake. And you are free protest that is your right to freedom. Again when person is no more.. still protesting beyond human dignity.
    Again personally those does bother me. But Based on what you stated.. I am not talking about just Khajuraho - there many temples which has nude sculptures. These objects are arouse sexual thoughts. rationale for their creation is different is out of scope of current discussion. My question.. where are protesting them ? dont want to debate here Again to challenge who gave world oldest sexual manual ? if it is taboo.. why did it survived ages ? There certain temples where even deity almost nude......

Who banned sea travel ? what is reason banning for sea travel - because travel on god of sea crime - when did this ban into place. if this ban was in place in Hinduisms inception - who did Indonesia got Ram temple or Cambodia got Vishnu temples ? so called strict perception came as influence of Islam and British rule. Based these influenced by other religion i dont want any one dictate and assume power of Pope or Koran in any sensible Hindus .. thank you.

I know what I am and I know what history and how i know it got change since its inception.. i dont want so called wannabes of Pope or want preaching by Koranic style in Hinduism.

Before you reply - ask your self .. have prayed infront of Shiva linga ? do you know what its stands for ?

6. KillBill

KillBill 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

You dont know a thing about nude sculptures on hindu temples do you? Do you even know what they stand for or why they were put there?

About certain deities nude, there are various motions in Hinduism and a certain sect definitely portray them that way. It was not to degrade them..

I dont think there would be a single hindu guy who would not know whats the meaning of Lingam. But then do you know why a Lingam is worshipped? I bet you dont.

When we are here on Lingam worshipping do a bit of search on "Kamakshya Devi"

7. Sid

Brother, I am having difficulty in understanding what you are trying to say. I can't be to-the-point on this. Sorry.

So sentiments of a a liberal are more important than the sentiments of those hindus who felt hurt by those paintings? What kind of logic is this?

Who said the sex in Hinduism is a taboo? Not at all? I gave you a detailed analysis on Khajuraho because people like you relate it to 'sexually'. But that is not the case. Those sculptures were not meant for arousing people. For that we have Kama Sutra!

No one banned sea travel. No where in the Vedas it is written that sea travel is prohibited. There were some misconceptions regrding this and this has already been eradicated years ago.

Arrey Baba, What are you trying to convey. Yes I know what Shiva Linga is...but what's the point?

8. simplystupid

Question that is posed is who decides what is liberal what is Degraded ? You or me or whole bunch of fan boys ?
    If some one is hurt, one can protest - but not force some one to leave the country or threatening life or set some one house on fire ?!!!!!!
    Stopping some one threatening with life or burning houses or forcing some one leave the country is the best of protesting and expressing that their sentiments are hurt ? that is acceptable making this country Taliban style India. My opinion.

the point here is you and all those protesting Mr. Hussian painting.. why they are not protesting...depicting Shiva (Shiva never goes alone but always goes with his better half) as Shiva lingam

9. Sid

Did you saw those paintings? We protested because in those paintings Goddess Sita was depicted in an objectionable position with Lord Hanuman. I guess, you are debating on the paintings without any idea what they depict.

No one, but what will you do if someone abuses your mother?

No one ran after MF Hussein with a gun in his hand. No one tried to bomb him. Criminal cases were filed against him and due to the fear of conviction he ran away from India.

10. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Well I belive that his being sent out of the country was an acceotable compromise but not because of the emotional hindutva ranting of the sort you are spewing. Face it, some day some Indian painter will paint Indian gods nude and the Indian people will have to collectively accept it no matter how hard it is. That day is not today because we are way too imature and poor to adddresss questions of liberalsm that richer scosieties (France etc. ) can have the luxury of addressing. We have too many other issues so we can't spend time on these things. But that is te direction ALL societies eventually head to. Have you ever seen southpark? They make fun of Jesus, The Jews, The Mormons and everyone and everything under the planet. There's nothing the amercans can do about it and there will be a time when we too will have to show the same kind of tolerance.

11. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Ahem Sid there were loads of death threats which you have for gotten to mention along with the legal cases!!

12. Sid

Did you thought of Islamic Nations(Muslims) too while writing this?

13. simplystupid

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ravi Verma's
    [​IMG]

Are these you are referring to ?

1 person likes this.
  14. Sid

Everything would have gone well if he would have cleared his stance, explaining it to people the logic behind such objectionable paintings. Did he came up with any explanation? That itself explains the motive behind his work.

15. simplystupid

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.