Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Famous, liberal Saudi columnist Khalaf Al-Harbi calls India the most tolerant nation in the world

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by Agent_47, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Agent_47

Agent_47 Admin - Blog IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    Those who claim that India is becoming an intolerant nation must read this. Khalaf Al-Harbi is a liberal columnist and a thinker from Saudi Arabia. His liberal views and objective columns on various issues are a big hit and widely discussed across the world.

In his latest column in 'Saudi Gazette', he heaps praises over India describing it as the most tolerant nation on the earth. In his column titled 'India - A country that rides elephants', Khalaf Al Harbi writes: "In India, there are more than 100 religions and more than 100 languages. Yet, the people live in peace and harmony. They have all joined hands to build a strong nation that can produce everything from a sewing needle to the rocket which is preparing to go to Mars. I must say that I feel a bit jealous because I come from a part of the world which has one religion and one language and yet there is killing everywhere. No matter how the world speaks about tolerance, India remains the oldest and most important school to teach tolerance and peaceful co-existence regardless of the religious, social, political or ethnical differences."

He goes on to state that the stereotypical picture of India in the minds of many is linked to poverty and backwardness which is a totally false picture which has nothing to do with reality.

Al-Harbi adds that it is a picture which was created by our extreme judgment of things. When we were poor before the era of oil, the picture of India in our minds was linked to richness and civilization but immediately after our financial conditions improved, we converted India's picture to one of poverty and backwardness.

If we had any sort of wisdom, we would never have been occupied by India's richness or poverty. Rather, we would have been impressed by India's immense ability to contain and respect the conflicting ideologies and thoughts so that people would flood the streets without any feeling of fear or anxiety.

If we took all the Arabs and placed them in India as part of a grand experiment, they would not make up any recognizable majority. They would, instead, dissolve in a fearless human ocean. Their nationalistic trends and sectarian extremism would also dissolve with them and they would realize that nothing in the world can justify the killing of their brothers and sisters.

He also tries to tell the Arab world that diversity and co-existence of thoughts and beliefs are in the DNA of Indian culture. He writes, "India is one of the largest and oldest democracies in the world. It had never known huge differences in religions or races. The country does not disdain its poor people nor hate its rich citizens. It is a nation which is proud of Gandhi and the British colonialists at the same time."

"The Indian people are distinguished in many ways. They are great people. Nobody can deny this fact except the envious or the ungrateful."

"The only problem with the hypothetical trip of the Arabs to India is that they may contaminate the Indians and remind them of their religious and ethnical differences. The Arabs may be able to convince the Indians that their religious and racial disparities may be enough of reason to kill each other."

http://www.news18.com/news/india/de...ng-of-water-to-settle-pollutants-1573457.html

2. Rajaraja Chola

Rajaraja Chola 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Hope they can stop spreading of their Wahhabi ideology first. But its true. Indians are the most tolerant people in the world. We accepted refugees of all religions of this world. And we never forced them to change into our religion which never even had a name that time.
    Am sorry. But no Islamic country can have tolerance level that of India. And Freedom.

Grevion, HariPrasad and Wolfpack like this.
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Fock it all, we had enuff of this tolerance shit, Only we get fuked in the end.
    What we need is WAR AND EXPANSION!
    If you feel i am unfair, do try your own calculations after you learnt a bit of History of ours.

4. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    I was actually looking for this video to post as a reply to what @Hellfire had to state about assimilating people from all religions and nationalities.

5. HariPrasad

HariPrasad Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    We must be tolerant but not at the cost of our national security and security of our majority.

Golden_Rule and vstol jockey like this.
  6. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    The assimilation of Bangladeshis has created a problem for Hindus of Bengal and Bengal witnessed the worst riots during Partition. Now that these intruders are in substantial numbers, they have not only changed the demography of over 90 districts of Bengal, Assam and Tripura, they are now threatening to bring in Rohingyas also. This is what assimilation has done to India.

Golden_Rule and Wolfpack like this.
  7. HariPrasad

Country Flag:
    India
    Identify and remove them from voting list and that will end their political support. so their life line will stat cutting off. I think IB has identified 2 crore Bangladeshis the list is ready with them. If any guy has a guts to deal with them, it is modi and only modi.

8. HariPrasad

Country Flag:
    India
    Bring family planing operations on them and make use them as cheap labor. I can see this as the most viable solution.

9. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    Just search on google Refugee issue by Chanakya,You will find it on Youtube.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    vstol jockey likes this.
  10. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    Bro, web link is wrong one. i read it long time ago.

11. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    You need to get rid of Congress,Communists and Supreme Court which puts spanners in works of Nation building and always supports Anti nationals. Only then can you do what you said.Thakfully,things are moving in that direction now.

12. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate THINKER

Country Flag:
    India

Chanakya Episode 10.

@vstol jockey

You see, that is merely an edition of the video. I have something on the works ... but the problem is, this is NOT the platform to show one's hand.

Let me assure you, I know what I am talking of. Let us not repeat the mistakes of Intelligence Community in 2007, when they thought that Ahl e Hadith was a great idea. Indeed, let us not make the mistakes of Indira Gandhi when she thought religion can be mixed with politics and mainstreamed into a national/state discourse to win elections.

What I was addressing there, was the stupidity of many members to target the wrong people for alleged insults. Let me give you an analogy, Gandhi wanted gto disband Congress. But he died before that.

Nathuram Godse killed Gandhi because he was holding him responsible for breaking up the nation, was Godse less a patriot? No. But his singular act of removing Gandhi left Nehru and Co in charge of India ... :)

And here we are ... still taking Nehru's name. What did that patriotism achieve?

Omya is selectively targeting the ills of other religions. Why not own? These are ills of Indian society as a whole. Now take a kid who is net savvy. And another who has all intentions to influence that kid to go on a course which is anti-national (due to being brought up that way). Now these kids are teenagers and teenagers identify themselves with their peer group and not with their parents or the society in general. Now this second group shows the selective targeting being undertaken by our dear nationalist and patriot .. against his own countrymen. At no point is our nationalist, in all good intentions, attacking the ideology that is alien to Indian culture, but attacking the religion. Without understanding that there is a difference in Quran, and the Hadith as given by Bukhari which every Sunni keeps with his/her self - that latter being rigid interpretation of a guy who twisted word to mean something that suited his narrative.

I digress. So, in the above case, a kid reads hatred against his religion - and he gets molded on that line.

Let me extrapolate to Kashmir. Our intelligent intelligence community thought it to be a perfectly ticklish idea to allow wahabi a foothold in indirect way. Result: A proliferation of madarssa and mosques blaring anti India agenda and indoctrinating Kashmiris to concept of ummah instead of the more tolerant version which they followed :D

I mean ... oxymoron is intelligence community :D

Anyways, in Kashmir, we dug our own grave now, allowing a foreign ideology to gain hold. So, you can imagine what I am alluding to here.

13. Wolfpack

Country Flag:
    India
    Why is India still allowing funds from Saudi or let them set up Wahabi madarssas in India.It can cite security concern and stop rabble rousers like Zakir Naik.
    If India becomes less reliant of Oil,it will be the end of Wahabi influence.
    The saudis know it too, Oil will not be permanent,that is why they are putting all their money to spread their ideology as far as they can and gain territories using their proxies.

Golden_Rule and omya like this.
  14. Hellfire

Hellfire Devil's Advocate THINKER

Country Flag:
    India
    That is where the politics of the nation will doom India. And NEWS FLASH!!!!! - It is dominated by Hindus! Majority is Hindus ... :) and we have members here crying hoarse over non-Hindus.

@omya specifically I tag you here to drive in the point that I have been making. Stop pointing fingers outside, get your own house in order.

Have you moved the Supreme Court over rampant Cow Slaughter, as prohibited under Article 48 of the Constitution of India? Have you, indeed, moved the Supreme Court over this issue citing the Law in UAE's Dubai Emirate wherein it is prohibited to eat or drink in public spaces (including water while walking on the sidewalk) during the period of Ramzan and is a punishable offence? That the UAE law says that this law of prohibiting such acts in the city have been done keeping in mind the religious sentiments of the Majority of the Citizens who are Islamic? The Dos list in any tourist spot has this as one of the main points, pointing out the virtue of keeping in mind the religious sentiments of the majority. By the ways, Dubai has a Gurudwara, a Shiv Temple and couple of Churches :) And citing that such an arrangement in India too, wherein the majority is Hindu, or even the application and enforcement of the Law as enunciated in the Constitution of India under Article 48, will go a long way in promoting religious tolerance and harmony? I bet not :D

That, the crying over non-Hindus and perceived danger to Hindus, is what I oppose and why am heavy handed in approach to the so called Hindu or right wing slanted attitude here. Because these proponents are exactly playing into the hands of those very people who they want to oppose. The narrative of groups like ISIS and AQ remains that kafirs and takfirs need to be eliminated. best achieved by stealth till the odds are in favor. And the media is the biggest equalizer today. Misuse it/use it as per your intent, and you can negate the opponent.

At no time have the Muslims asked for a separate quota en masse. But:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...urt-for-muslim-quota/articleshow/61586404.cms

Heck, in Kerala alternatively Left and Congress come to power and they play to the disadvantage of the Hindus. Yet, you vote for them (Are you a Mallu @omya? If so, can you tell me how is it that this is happening while Hindus still are the majority in the state?)

What is the use here?Statistics do indicate that the majority of girl child of a muslim background does not complete education and is married off by 15 years of age. Why is there no task force to address that?

http://www.thenewsminute.com/articl...r-hostess-rescued-11-yr-old-ameena-1991-68816

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-deals-to-men-from-gulf-states-idUSKBN1CF1F7

In an ideological battle, and this is an ideological battle, you win by being educated and being pragmatic. You do not win by legislation or closing your self off.

If you need to fight this battle, you need to look inwards and address your own shortcomings. Social disunity, schism and undercurrents, along with regionalism and factionalism, are a fertile ground for a foreign ideology to repackage and progress. Look at the trends of conversions, maximum success to Christian missionaries was achieved due to the addressing of social ills and imbalances.

ISIS got so many foreign volunteers not because of a superior ideology, but because it found resonance with three basic points:

1. The adolescent urge to rebel.
    2. The Grand Theft Auto and Counter Strike Generation.
    3. The inherent animalistic nature of a human being, especially males. The urge to act out fantasy and impose one's self on women without consent is one of the baser instincts.

Ofcourse interspersed with frank idiots and zealots of perverted nature.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    Wolfpack, Golden_Rule and _Anonymous_ like this.