Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Following Russia-India Divorce

Discussion in 'International Relations' started by dadeechi, Dec 5, 2016.

1. dadeechi

dadeechi Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    It may be true that Russia may have decided to move away from India but the reasons were created by India

1) Russia had traditionally been close to Congress party (with some BJP supporters even claiming that Congress was propped up by KGB)

2) Now with the advent of BJP/Modi, Russia may have sensed that no matter what they do the relationship is done for good as their intelligence may have concluded that BJP government was propped up by the West

This is the crux of the issue.

Note how BJP is propping up Ambanis & Adanis while dismantling the TATA empire which had close ties to Congress.

2. A_poster

A_poster Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

And Russia of 2016 becoming a B***h of China has nothing to do with it?

As you have already stated, Manmohan brought shitload of American equipment while not buying any new Russian system :NO FGFA, NO S-400, NO frigates which we could easily construct at home; while this government has brought all of above ,with exception of FGFA, while only completing M777 and Apache deals with USA; but still relations deteriorated. How is it India's fault?

If relations are deteriorating, it is on Russia; and I say if they want to become a B***h of China and wreck relations for it, let them.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Aqwoyk, dadeechi and ReddyMan like this.
  3. A_poster

A_poster Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

So you are alluding that Russia is deteriorating relations with India because it does not like internal politics of India. So again, how is this fault of India or even failure of Indian foreign policy?

So what should we do to mollify Russia? Become their colony or protectorate?

dadeechi likes this.
  4. arbit

arbit 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    You and your pet projects!

I have lost count how many times you have harped repeatedly on the similar lines along with F-16 coming and what not. Interesting thing is you will clutch to any straw that however distantly echoes your misplaced narrative.
    Our foreign policy in the times of MMS was not run by MMS. It was run by salman khurshid and Sonia. The same salman khurshid who settled thousands of rohingya muslims in Jammu and also donated a million dollars for their welfare.
    During the times of MMS our foreign policy was also a dull, docile and mercenary in nature. Commercial interests ruled the roost and frankly i have cringed quite a few times watching MMS stand by silently like a punished school boy when his more assertive counterparts took the screen space.

So spare us this BS about MMS foreign policy.
    To understand the foreign policy now being implemented by current dispensation, you will need more mental bandwidth than you are willing to allocate.

Also, while you are at it, please write a thesis on why Modi, Doval and Jaishankar are clearly responsible for this colossal failure and mail them your line of action. I am sure the entire diplomatic and political corps might be able to learn a thing or two from a experienced practitioner, like you, of this lost art.

dadeechi, Pundrick, jha and 3 others like this.
  5. Pundrick

Pundrick 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Why are you repeating the same thing always, relationship between is not defined by a news article. Plus nobody can replace Russia not even USA in next 8-10 years to come, Modi made a very serious statement during BRICS summit, "An old is far better than 2 new friends", so the friendship is still there but India cannot force Russia to stay away from Pak in 21st century, as Russia is also playing its own diplomacy with Pakistan.

We can't affect our economic growth so we will have keep building economic relations with USA, but relation should also be brought to notice of people.

dadeechi likes this.
  6. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
    Is it true ? Can you mention any source ?

dadeechi likes this.
  7. arbit

Country Flag:
    India
    Known this for a while. Folks from Jammu might be able to confirm. I came to know about it from other people in the know and after banging my head for a while, let the issue pass.
    The way UPA was going, I had high chances of dying earlier of high BP and hypertension. Anyway i will try to look for the sources and will tag you accordingly.

dadeechi and Pundrick like this.
  8. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
    Don't ever try to. An anti-Congress person is very precious human being for me :biggthumpup:. Don't worry I found one news source and I got my doubts cleared. Thank you.

dadeechi and arbit like this.
  9. dadeechi

Country Flag:
    India
    India's fault was electing a person called Modi.:mrgreen:

10. dadeechi

Country Flag:
    India
    Of course the deterioration of the relations has everything to do with the party in power in India.

If you follow the social media, the western-philes have many stories of Congress party links with erst while KGB. Now if that were to be true then Russia would have seen any party destroying its brain child in India with full contempt and/or suspicion.

Now comes Modi who had been banned by the whole of West prior to getting elected as PM, suddenly turns out to be the darling of the West after the election. This would have surely increased the Russian suspicion.

With Modi readily acceding to all the proposals (agreements) of the West with full eagerness and no resistance, Russia may have concluded that Modi is in fact a Western installed person in India to do the bidding of the West.

Hence, no amount of arms buying would help Indo-Russian relations strategically.

If team Modi were to be truly nationalist Indians they would have allayed Russian concerns.

The fact that Russian concerns have not been allayed implies that

Either team Modi failed in this foreign policy endeavor

OR

The Russian conclusion about team Modi was indeed true.

Now people can take their pick...

11. dadeechi

Country Flag:
    India
    You are preaching to the choir.

I do not carry any water for MMS and the gang...

12. dadeechi

Country Flag:
    India
    When and where did I claim that Russia could be replaced...

13. arbit

Country Flag:
    India
    Get out of the mindset of pleasing everyone. We are rising in clout, realignment is more or less inevitable.
    New alliances will be formed, and the equations on which our relationship with our former benefactors were based will no longer be valid.

Lastly, F-16 will not be coming.

dadeechi likes this.
  14. Aqwoyk

Aqwoyk Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Sir what did our mms do to stop rd 33 sales to our western neighbor? It is now more important to warm relations with US , Japan and Vietnam when RusChiPak nexus is looking possible.

GSLV Mk III and dadeechi like this.
  15. Aqwoyk

Aqwoyk Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Sir ji AAP yhaaaaaan kaise :p :sarcastic:

Yahaaaan pe bhi to sb mile hue hain, ye sb Modiji ki chaal hai :rofl: @vstol jockey

dadeechi and Pundrick like this.