Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Football : Updates, News and Discussions.

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by Manmohan Yadav, Jan 4, 2013.

1. MAFIAN GOD

MAFIAN GOD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I am really going to miss him....:cry::cry:
    It looks like David Moyes, the current Manager of Everton will replace him.

You will always be remembered SIR Alex

GGMU

2. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Brazil World Cup 2014: Tickets go on sale

Tickets for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil went on sale on Tuesday, with fans able to apply on Fifa's website.

Fifa is expecting a similar demand to Germany 2006, when there were about seven applicants for every ticket of the 64-match tournament.

Around 3.3 million tickets will be available for the tournament.

Tickets will range in price from £58 (US $90) for first-round matches to £632 ($990) for the final at Maracana Stadium in Rio de Janeiro.

Brazilian citizens over 60, local students and members of some social programs can purchase tickets for £15 ($23).

"It's always difficult to predict," said Fifa marketing director Thierry Weil. "But I truly believe that it will be more toward to what happened in Germany than in South Africa in 2010."

According to Fifa, the 2006 World Cup was attended by more than 3.3 million fans. Almost two million tickets were sold to the general public in South Africa, although the number of applications during the first ticketing phase was significantly lower.

All applications made before 10 October 2013 will enter a random selection draw if there are not enough tickets available to fulfil all requests.

The sales of the leftover tickets will begin on 5 November on a first-come, first-served basis. Another phase will begin on 8 December after the draw is made.

The tournament begins on 12 June, with Brazil playing the opener in Sao Paulo.

BBC World Service carried out a study, called the Price of Football - World Cup 2014, which looked at the ticket prices and the cost of travelling to Brazil. It found that English fans face hotel costs of between £46 and £797 a night, while packages range from £2,999 to £14,999.

[​IMG]

The Price of Football - World Cup 2014

Ticket: £58-£112
    Final ticket: £281-£632
    Hotel: £146-£797 per night
    McDonald's meal: £11
    Average dinner: £29
    T-shirt: £13
    Sun cream: £9.50
    Water: £1.28
    Imported beer: £3.83
    Domestic beer: £1.91
    Coffee: £2.55

UK packages range from £2,999 to £14,999

3. Gold1010

Gold1010 FULL MEMBER

Here is my football club.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It based in Perth Western Australia, our colours are purple, why are they purple? because pre 2005, most football clubs in Australia were based on Ethnicity(Greek, italian, serbian, Croatian etc) rather then being about your local area, purple did not identify with any of this.

My club entered the NSL in 1996 and was one of the first non ethnic clubs, it brought in the biggest crowds of the entire NSL(national soccer league) and caused change within football. In 2004 due to financial troubles, in-house squabbling etc the NSL folded, in 2005 Australia qualified for the world cup for the first time in three decades and in 2006 the A-league was launched, with teams not having an ethnic identity.

Unfortunately my club failed to get with the times and rather then playing youth and having technical brand of football we played english style with old players and we became famous for "hoofing" the ball forward, last year though we finally got a coach who now plays from out the back and a possession style football and importantly now promotes youth with in the team.

The A-league kicked off with a bang and brought in record crowds but after 3 years it started to go down hill, with failed expansion attempts etc. Last year however Sydney FC signed Alessandro Del Piero, Newcastle signed Emile Heskey and a team was launched in a football heartland in Western Sydney who signed Shinji Ono.

This brought in further interest and tv ratings and things are finally looking up again, not to say the league still doesnt have problems, it is still a growing league and is only getting better.

I don't support overseas clubs, we call people who only support oversea clubs Eurosnobs, i have no connection with those clubs and supporting them doesn't help the sport here.

From my club in the active area, known as "The shed"

And from the new club.

Western Sydney Wanderers "WHO DO WE SING FOR?!" RBB with the crowd VS Melbourne P1 - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  4. smestarz

smestarz Lt. Colonel REGISTERED

Manchester united won the community shield..