Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Formula 1 News and Updates...

Discussion in 'Sports & Entertainment' started by layman, Jul 6, 2012.

1. oikare

oikare Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    Formula 1 was bigger when Mika Häkkinen and Michael Schumacher where under alert 1995-2005.
    After it's 2 seasons 2007 and 2008 for me.
    2009-2014 there was no Formula 1 for me in television.

Sports is dead art when I smokes tobak. Only little in television 30 or 40 weeks every year.
    No football and ice hockey in leagues. 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 I watch in hockey mecka in my town only division one.
    Only nation's plays in VM, EM and VM and Olympics it are funny.

2. nair

nair Guest

Any Formula1 fans???????

3. nair

nair Guest

@Abingdonboy What do you think???? Hamilton can make it??? Poor guy.....

4. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Captain IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    i was till Micahel Schumacher was there.. now i do like both Rosberg and Hamilton.. But seems they gonna go fight out in a bar fight type scenario..

Anyways i had liked when Mika hakinen, Juan pablo Montoyo, Michael Schumacher, barrichelo, ralf schumi, and others used to slug it out in late 90s.. after that after williams went down hill the challengers got limited.. some good guys like Alonso came but time changed and so also the level of competition.. The bigs guns moved out and new era still is struggling to get a star to match such feats..

5. nair

nair Guest

Things have changed a lot in F1...... Last 3 years have been boring..... But surprisingly this year Force India is going to be the 4th team in championship...... beating williams and mclaren.....:p

Pundrick and PARIKRAMA like this.
  6. PARIKRAMA

PARIKRAMA Captain IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    They have got a nice setup finally..
    But it also shows the downward spiral of Mclaren and Williams..

F1 is more like the cutting edge of fast cars and drivers.. seems the big 2 - mclaren and williams wont spend much unless they either get more profits from F1 or have some infusion from a new investor..

7. nair

nair Guest

It is not about funding.... It is about how you utilize the fund provided to you..... Force India has far less a budget compared to williams.... but they still manage to outperform them.... and let us not foreget they have have massa as their driver.....

Mclaren is a new set up and new engine, Honda is slowly picking up and yesterday alonso finished 5th......

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  8. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    The entire mess Mercedes have made of Hamilton's season has drastically reduced my interest in F1 of late and I was/am a HUGE F1 fan but to have the title decided by unreliability with 6 races to go when it had already seriously hampered HAM earlier in the year is not really entertaining anymore, now it is just sad. 8 Merc cars on the grid and it is consistently car number 44 that keeps breaking down? Come on.

Even if HAM wins every remaining race (unlikely given that Mexico and Brazil are not strong tracks of his) all ROS has to do is come in secon (which is easy in that car) and he will still win the title. There is nothing HAM can do at this point other than hope for bad luck to come to ROS which he has escaped to an unfathamoble degree this year.

As you can see I'm not taking it well :p

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  9. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Unless the new regs for 2017 work out for them the Honda-Mclaren partnership will dissolve by 2020.

PARIKRAMA and nair like this.
  10. Abingdonboy

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Mclaren and Williams have not been the "big 2" for 20+ years. Williams are now a very modest customer team (of Mercedes) with no championship ambitions, typically part of the "midpack". Mclaren have a history of underperforming, in the past 16 years they have merely 2 drivers titles and 0 constructors whilst a drinks company (Red Bull) have 4 WDC and WCC. In the past 4 years Mclaren have slumped from a top 4 team to a backmacker and now midpack but they aren't so much at the cutting edge and perhaps never will be again.

Ferrai is another historic team that has a similar history of underperforming but they are not simply another team in F1, they are F1 and there is no chance they will ever leave.

There is now a "big 3" ; Ferrai, Mercedes, Red bull.

Pundrick and PARIKRAMA like this.
  11. Pundrick

Pundrick Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Lets discuss Formula E in this thread as well , after all we have Mahindra Racing and the team has scored two consecutive podium in 2016-17 season.

Abingdonboy likes this.
  12. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
    @Abingdonboy I know you are Lewis fan(got it from your last DP in PDF), and I support Rosberg :BVICTORY:.

13. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
    Some news Rod Dennis to leave Mclaren.

14. Pundrick

Country Flag:
    India
  15. Pundrick

Country Flag: