Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Fraud Satya Sai Baba

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Guynextdoor, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Kaha se padhe ho bhai??

No one is asking you to believe in super natural powers. And we have enough evidence of RATIONAL PEOPLE KILLING SCIENTISTS.

But what is your basis of calling his followers RETARD??

2. DaRk KnIght

If its a genuine belief than yes they HAVE A RIGHT TO BELIEVE IT. many people in our country believe that some Messiah will come and then world will be free from evils..or whatsoever..but we cannot question their belief as this is their PERSONAL MATTER and not a public one.

3. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Phewwww. thank you, I was worried for a moment :)

I have addressed that in post # 17 and 18. Please check

4. Coltsfan

Similarly, that is my personal opinion, which I am not forcing on anyone. Neither am I asking govt to recognize my personal opinion or grant me any tax exemption status :azn:

5. DaRk KnIght

A secular spiritual leader

Sri Sathya Sai Baba's propagation of spiritualism and preaching of Hindu philosophy never came in the way of his commitment to secular beliefs.

When the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid controversy was at its peak in the 1990s, Sai Baba refused to buckle under pressure from the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) to issue a public statement favouring the construction of a Ram temple at Ayodhya. VHP president Ashok Singhal made at least two trips to Puttaparthi in this endeavour but failed to extract any assurance from Sai Baba. He chose to remain neutral.

The spiritual leader's credentials are attributed by his devotees to his conviction that he was a reincarnation of Sai Baba of Shirdi, whose teachings were an eclectic blend of Hindu and Muslim beliefs.

The Puttaparthi Baba had among his flock worldwide a large number of Muslim and Christian devotees. He told them that they need not give up their religion or their respective beliefs.

Another feature of Sai Baba's 70-year-long spiritual journey was the devotion he commanded from heads of state and government, of countries ranging from Italy to Sri Lanka and India, to Bollywood stars and top-notch cricketers like Sunil Gavaskar and Sachin Tendulkar.

The former Prime Ministers, P. V. Narasimha Rao and Atal Behari Vajpayee, were among the legion of big-time leaders who attended his birthday functions. But Sai Baba steered clear of party politics or partisanship on national and State issues.

Outside the fold of the devout, people will remember Sai Baba for his unparalleled contribution to providing water to drought-prone areas, besides his services in education and medicare. He funded a Rs. 300-crore project for supplying drinking water to 750 fluoride-hit villages in Anantapur district and introduced protected water schemes in Medak, Mahbubnagar, Chittoor and the two Godavari districts covering hundreds of villages.

Defining moment

The defining moment in Sai Baba's efforts for providing drinking water was the completion of the Kandaleru-Poondi high level canal (HLC) to carry Krishna water from the Telugu Ganga to Chennai city.

He contributed Rs. 200 crore for taking up improvement of the HLC, which got the project going and completed in a record 14 months, after it was started in October 2002. Justifiably, the waterway was named the Sathya Sai Ganga canal

The Hindu : News / National : A secular spiritual leader

6. DaRk KnIght

So your derogatory remarks about others faith in public is a personal matter?? :what:

bhaiya kaha se padhe ho??

7. Coltsfan

awww religious people can be so sensitive ..... did I hurt your feelings?

would you prefer ignorant over retard? I can do that

8. DaRk KnIght

I am not a follower of Baba.

ANd should I call you a criminal as you have violated the basic principles of CONSTITUTION OF INDIA?? :azn:

9. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Major SENIOR MEMBER

history is written in favor of power at 2000 year ago the power with Jesus and at 1400 year ago power is in Mohamed's hand so we read all book in favoe of them like today's world no one say's Hitler is great

10. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Interesting thread:dirol:

11. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Major SENIOR MEMBER

we are having faith in bhagvan jesus allah and every one known that none of one exist but we forget the real god and no one care about real god " earth "

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  12. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

There's no problem with a guy calling himself a 'Godman' as long as all that he does is earn his money, live cofortably, glorify himself and die. I'm not against that and will even have a positive disposition if he builds schools and hospitals. But if all that 'charity' is just a front abuse and paedophilia... I want to see him lynched and that would be my 'samadhi' for him.

13. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Questioning the status of some third rate 'baba' is not 'insulting' hinduism. From Lala Lajopat Rai to Rammohoan Roy to even Gandhi, all the people who historically contributed to the revival of hinduism did so by referring to Gita, Upanishads, the Epics and Shankaracharya...all those things that made hinduism truly great...not some clown in an orange dress performing cheap magic tricks. These 'devotees' are almost giving him a stature euqal to that Swami Vivekananda and you want to stand by side and approve that uncritically? If anything that's officially wriitng away the Hindu relegion.

14. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Good for you. But since now he is no more you should have had the decency to refrain from criticizing him any more.

For all the flowery rhetoric from certain posters here - his trust did what all the Govt in South failed to do - Provide free/quality health care to lakhs and provide cheap and affordable education to many others.

For all the claimed neutrality of the posters, I believe this is just another hate thread on one particular religion and nothing more. If you want to criticize a man for his 'alleged' crimes be prepared to praise him also for all the good work he has done.

That is neutrality.

15. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Since when did criticizing dead Mortals become Illegal on IDF !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.