Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

French Barracuda project’s utility to India

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by PARIKRAMA, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel Technical Analyst

I don't think we have anything to do with the Barracuda class yet. The current nuclear sub developments should remain to be guided by Russian inputs and diverted from the Arihant development. What's ahead needs to be seen and based on the progress of our propulsion and weapon developments. Fitting Brahmos VLS into an attack sub should be on the wishlist,,but that requires larger subs.

2. surya kiran

surya kiran 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Then its a definite humbug story. The Alfa is a different league. No submarine till date has been able to have the same capabilities or task assigned to it as the Alfa class. Alfa was a FAST attack SSN. Not something for CBGs. They did only one thing and did it damn well. I am not even going to get into the facilities and maintenance needs of this class.

@vstol jockey will be able to shed more light on this class. PSK is seriously smoking pot if he thinks the Indian SSN is going to be based on the Alfa class.

3. _Anonymous_

_Anonymous_ 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    According to PSK all the associated problems related to lead cooling of the N reactors powering the Alfa has been solved . I can't access the said article in his blog as I'm operating through a cell phone .