Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Future Infantry Combat Vehicle (FICV) - News and Discussions

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by Agent_47, Dec 12, 2016.

1. kakathiya

kakathiya FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    This FICV is going no where, its ridiculous that such a large mechanised army dosent have armoured personnel carriers, still using vintage BMP2 , there r all symptoms no Indian made FICV will be inducted be it TATA or Mahindra, they will buy phoren maal, lol

Sahil ecclstone likes this.
  2. Abingdonboy

Abingdonboy Major Technical Analyst

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    What are you talking about? FICV's rules are that ONLY Indian designed and made vehicles will be allowed to take part, no foreign OEM can offer a their product.

kakathiya, Hellfire and Blackjay like this.
  3. bharathp

bharathp Developers Guild Developers -IT and R&D

Country Flag:
    India
    a lot of newbies coming up with this kind of stuff.. be on the lookout.

Blackjay and Abingdonboy like this.
  4. kakathiya

kakathiya FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Hope what u say fructifies, our army is such that it keeps on changing specifications everyday & wants phorin maal to get commission, even if its a bit inferior to German tech I would prefer indian as its easy to get it repaired.

5. kakathiya

kakathiya FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Our army says it dosent like our Arjun MBT as its been forced on the army to accept it, they give stupid reasons that the tank is heavy, they prefer monkey quality stripped down Russian tanks, whose engines fail & r low powered, they don't have night vision, bad suspension, but our army never misses an opportunity to criticize Arjun MBT, funny is that those generals who saw Arjun MBT want all the qualities of Arjun in T90, what does this show?, hope they don't do this with FICV & say in the last moment that they prefer foreign maal .

Angel Eyes and vstol jockey like this.
  6. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    Thats what I had stated on MBT Arjun Thread. T-90M was upgraded to T-90MS based on Arjun's performance. You very rightly pointed out about the mind set of our Generals.

kakathiya likes this.
  7. kakathiya

kakathiya FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    absolutely, T90 which we have is not the same T90 Russia has, its a watered down model, like Chinese made electronics, our generals like it because they have contacts in Russia, they argue that Arjun is heavy & can't be deployed, so funny, is india a city state like singapore where there is no place for these tanks, I hope our army generals learn from our Navy, isn't it funny sending the engines of T90 all the way to Russia to get them overhauled, arjuns r better than any tank v have, v need them in numbers.

vstol jockey likes this.
  8. NKVD

NKVD 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Do you guys have Any status On Combat Improved Ajeya

After seeing T-72 BM3 performance I hoping T-72 can operate another 15-20 years

Sahil ecclstone likes this.
  9. snehil aditya

snehil aditya IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    I have a question,is the quoted number of 2500+ apc's enough for our 1.2 million strong army???

I feel this number should be higher.

kakathiya likes this.
  10. kakathiya

kakathiya FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Maybe Rest will be transported by open trucks, only the main striking corps will be using these APC's, I wish I will stop seeing indian infantrymen walking alongside tanks like cannon fodder, no men should be left open for gunfire, only then its truly modern mechanised army, maybe IA wants to save more diesel than men.

snehil aditya likes this.
  11. ashkum2278

ashkum2278 FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Indian Army - Iron Beasts - Armored Battalion

NICE Promo- Must watch