Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Future of The Indian Navy: News & Discussions

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Gessler, Aug 31, 2014.

1. X_Killer

X_Killer Captain FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    On P15B VLS for SAM (B8) are not smaller because they are going to use LRSAM with 0.54m dia & ~6m length.

This makes a sense that P15B should have only 1 kind of launcher system because all of the missiles (Nirbhay, B8, and Brahmos) will have similar dia for their canisters which are being used to refill VLS/UVLM and common thing is that both Nirbhay and LRSAM have very similar length and dia.
    yup it is. BrahMos Aerospace named it UVLM because of their patent.
    =>
    http://indianexpress.com/article/what-is/what-is-nirbhay-missile-4927514/

hence the length is nearly equal to Barak-8ER/LRSAM
    yup, thats the point that P15B will us LR-SAM (Barak-ER) whereas P15A uses MR-SAM.

Barak-8ER with 0.54m Dia due to its booster.. and length is nearly 6m (trying to dig out exact figures)
    [​IMG]

Barak-8 is without booster has nearly half Dia i.e. ~0.23m and 4.5m/177 inches length
    [​IMG]

For comparison
    [​IMG]

Barak-8 (MRSAM) in action, not ER
    [​IMG]

I donno why this thing is knocking my head :hitwall:

@vstol jockey may help me in this case...

2. Hindustani78

Hindustani78 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Ministry of Defence
    28-May, 2018 14:30 IST
    Mount Deotibba Expedition-2018

All women high altitude expedition to Mount Deotibba (6001 Mtrs) which is located in Himachal Pradesh, has been organised by the Indian Navy from 28 May to 15 Jun 2018. The expedition will be flagged off by Vice Admiral AK Chawla, AVSM, NM, VSM, Chief of Personnel on 28 May 2018 from New Delhi. Lieutenant Commander Kokila Sajwan will be leading the team which comprises of 15 members including two base camp support staff.

Indian Navy had summitted Mt Everest in May 2017. The Service had previously launched the first successful expedition to Everest in 1965 and has been to the South & North poles in 2006 and 2008 respectively. Now, with culmination of Sagar-Parikarma, the circumnavigation around the globe by All Women Navy Team, Indian Navy seeks to achieve a similar feat on land by organising an ‘All Women Expedition to Mt Deotibba as a launch pad for scaling higher peaks including Everest in near future

[​IMG]