Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Future "super destroyer",can India make it??

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Indian Jatt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Indian Jatt

Indian Jatt Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Indian navy wants a 6 carrier navy which will be second largest fleet after the united states and are kolkata class and delhi class destroyer enough for protection of six carriers let us consider project 15b too are these numbers still enough?......today i'am putting forward an idea which will emphasise an idea to build bigger destroyer, the potential characteristics are-
    1)length-240-270m
    2)beam-30m
    3)draft-10m
    4)propulsion-most probably nuclear
    5)speed-anything around 28-32 knots will be good
    6)protection-EW suite(Mark 36 SRBOC
    AN/SLQ-25 Nixie)

7)armament-around 100-150 brahmos,32 agni 6,66 RIM+RAM missiles,another set of brahmos on the back,some torpedos and some decoys.....

[​IMG]
    :D
    friends add everything to it to create a "modern battleship"....with awsome fire power...

2. sangos

sangos Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Hopefully in the future if we can manage to retain our best brains in our country, we can accomplish a lot more than just this.

3. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

6 Agni-6, I already said there is no future of large and big tonnage vesses, the future is of how much firepower it consist and more importantly stealth and C&C.

Indian Jatt likes this.
  4. Zeus_@21

Zeus_@21 Major SENIOR MEMBER

Decrease the salaries of politicians and increase the salaries of technicians, that's it..... waisey bhi saley hazaro karodo ka ghotala toh kartey hi hai... lakho ki salary ka kya aachar dalengay

5. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    Sir AC's are also very big vessels but still very important for fleet....,these ships with 300+ missiles will be having too power....we need such ships don't u think...

6. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    I agree sir but thats the biggest problem!!!!

7. ГЛОНАСС

ГЛОНАСС BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Germany
    [​IMG]

Whats this? It does not even have a Radar dome?

Indian Jatt likes this.
  8. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    I would prefer Indian Navy to run without an incidents for a matter of couple of years... It would be lot good. Ambitious Ideas as always good... But we need proper support infra structure for it.

Wolfpack, Vyom and Soumya like this.
  9. kaku

Nope, I dont think, you know how many vessels required to support a single AC, and in a environment when a AC is too much vulnerable and even through Ballistic missile ( i dont think Anti Carrier Ballistic missile is even exist, but still we have to consider that).

See , USS Zumwalt, is they have same tonnage as of USS Missouri?, even the USS Zumwalt size is one third of it, is USS Missouri have the same firepower as of USS Zumwalt?
    See, the firepower doesnt have anything to do with high tonnage, but increasing the size definitely increases no. of cells in a vessel, but as the size increases it become difficult to create it as stealth. And stealth is an important factor as of firepower.

if our future destroyer have 32 Brahmos 1/2 for ship/land attack and around 16 Nirbhay for land attacks and around 64 VLS cells for QR and LR SAMs, then I will be happy.

I will be happy if Navy able to add this all in 10,000-11,000 tonnage.

venureddy and Alpha1 like this.
  10. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    Hoga na yaar mujhe kya pata bana thodi na hai....

11. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    Bhai I know but don't compare Iowa class battleships with zumwalt class, compare it to pocket battleships or Bismarck or yamoto, my point is to create a powerful destroyer with 200+missiles that would > have more missiles than any other ship please try to make it a better ship...and try to create a future class of ships like nuclear destroyer which is capable of attacking anywhere in the world.

12. kaku

He is Russian bro.

Indian Jatt likes this.
  13. kaku

If you including SAM VLS, then yes it is possible. 150-200 VLS is possible in Destroyer, but nuclear, really?

Firstly, for nuclear vessel required enriched fuel, and there is really shortage of covert nuclear fuel in India, and I want firstly it should be used in building our SSBN and SSN, then if available for our future Aircraft Carrier programs.

And actually you know the overall cost including lifetime cost of a nuclear vessel is around more than 3-4 times, if we want to go nuclear with every kind of vessel, then Navy need funds also.
    And i dont think spending 3-4 times more on Destroyer and Frigates, just for nuclear is worth,

Indian Jatt likes this.
  14. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    I understood our priorities are subs take the propulsion to diesel and reduce length to 190m and displacement to 12000 tons.now this can be made....don't u think sir???

15. kaku

Firstly, dont call me sir, i am just a kid.

And yes 10,000-13,000 tonnage destroyer is possible, even some most advanced destroyers now lie in this range. But I still didnt check capability of any vessel with its tonnage, if India able to add 150 VLS in 10,000 tonne, then it will be tremendous job.