Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Future "super destroyer",can India make it??

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Indian Jatt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom

Hmmm. NO... It sounds okay but the thing is, i dont see this idea naywhere, its a project that was cancelled many years ago, a potent weapon discarded in favour of missiles. Only now am i seeing similar weapons but they are rather very early stage in comparison. Even the Nazis never got round to perfecting it. How could i gain money for somthing so horrific.

2. Indian Jatt

Indian Jatt Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    when i was talking coaching for indian institute of technology examination, their was a sir named ******** reddy his all india rank was 3 in engineering exam a state topper, he had invented 3 molecules of different types of hydrocarbon which had never been discovered before IUPAC rewarded him with $50000 and also gave him opportunity to work with top scientists.......now he somewhere in texas......u see 3 hydrocarbons for $50000, dude ur KG6 can make u a millionaire think about it otherwise i'am going to patent it:troll::p:D

G777 likes this.
  3. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

AC has its own importance in the power projection thing, it has more importance as a soft power rather than hard power.

Indian Jatt likes this.
  4. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    :hmm:for me its software for the naval fleet or the operating system....

5. kaku

kaku Major Technical Analyst

na, actually OS will be your sub surface vessels and destroyers and frigates. You can call them Kernels of navy.

6. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    YES it has its own importance but then having an aircraft at sea means having a landing strip worth about 8 Billion dollars, 65000 Tons. 2000+ crew. and length of abt 400 metres and an entourage of about 30 more vessels, not a difficult target to miss. And much difficult to have an element of surprise.

But The super destroyers which I am designing , 3 of them together can have firepower equivalent to the Aircraft carrier and its entire entourage at nearly 10 % cost of project, manpower, size. just need the right weapons.

I think what weapon systems that I have suggested is enough to make it perfect naval ship in terms of handling any sort of situation, but such vessels are more effective in pairs or in 3's (good things happen in 3s)

7. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom

Wait he works in Texas. Oh great. Now we have another countries ideas being used and abused for greed. I should move to russia to develop the weapon atleast they dont start killing people because of greed. This weapon was first used in 2001 after heavy research when the internet was still its younger stage giving access to data that was removed today however if you look hard enough you will find pieces of the stuff i found. The newet wapon that I have created makes aircraft, missiles, ships very obsolete no matter the defences or offensive weapons used against it. As a friend said to me on the bus from college at the time who was smarter than me at math however i was the best at making ideas, my idea which was said to be "pure genius and realistically scary".

There is a fine line between what makes us human, I am still human because I use my knowledge with care for the better of mankind.

Indian Jatt likes this.
  8. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Guys the Whole thing boils on,

a. Development in Metallurgy
    b. Development of High power Energy Source
    c. Development of High Output transition

Etc.. Current laws of Physics and quantum Physics have to be rewritten to achieve the yield we are looking at.
    THough the whole topic is hypothetical, It is very interesting to look into the various ideas. :tup:

Best of Luck Guys.

Nilgiri and Marqueur like this.
  9. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    what are you doing engineering???or B.sc or B.E or some Phd???:)

10. R A VARUN REDDY

R A VARUN REDDY IDF NewBie

Country Flag:
    India
    good thoughts guys. can you revamp the discussion post 2014

Indx TechStyle likes this.
  11. R A VARUN REDDY

Country Flag:
    India
    for the above ship i prefer the kali 5000 for the air defence system as it cam shoot down incoming stream of missiles in a single go.

12. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Le'me help you guys.:)

13. Indx TechStyle

Indx TechStyle Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    "MAY 2021 Project 18-class destroyers are planned class of next generation destroyers of Indian Navy. The destroyers are of the type: stealth guided missile destroyer. For the project Kakinada Shipyard in collaboration with Mazagon Dock and L&T Shipbuilding will lay keel for 9,000 tons of displacement of vessel. Project 18-class destroyers will be equipped with advanced systems such as electromagnetic guns, laser-based CIWS, advanced AESA and PESA radars, and active and passive array sonars.

For the project, DRDO in collaboration with Bharat Electronics will be designing next generation of radar systems to be incorporated into the planned 18-class. The already developed AMDS will be worked on further. The AESA and PESA radars will see extended ranges, and possible merger into one multi-band radar. The destroyer will also have an X-band optronic mast detector radar.

Project 18-class destroyers will be able to carry enough space for a single utility helicopter. The destroyers will be equipped with advanced UCAVs and UAVs, a possible compact version to be deployed on the destroyers of the EMALS is being worked out.

The missiles vessels will see their armament equipped with ballistic missiles and hypersonic BrahMos II missile. A next generation point missile defence capable of launching BrahMos II will be worked on.

The electromagnetic gun is being researched in the DRDO labs with BEL partaking in the programme for the gun fire control systems. The destroyer is expected to fit a 64 MJ version of electromagnetic gun. Munitions for the gun are being researched on as well.

Electromagnetic gun replacing the famed Otobreda of Indian Navy, will be supported with laser based CIWS, in works in LASTEC of DRDO. The warship will be deployed with 300 kW of laser system, capable of shooting down the aerial threats. The planned CIWS will draw inspiration from the present Phalnax CIWS and have its own radar. Indian Army has also expressed interests in the project, for it wishes to mount laser based systems on its combat vehicles. Additionally, the warship will also be equipped with small 100 kW laser based weapon systems with faster charging rates and continuous rate of application.

Improvements in the planned destroyer require ample power, the destroyer's propulsion system is planned to based on IEP. L&T with DRDO will further work on long researched DRDO's programme of marine propulsion — GATET. Planned gas turbines will deliver power up to 36 MW, destroyer will be equipped with the two of planned gas turbines delivering power of 76 MW, in conjugation with two diesel generators of 10 MW each and two electric propulsion motors of 20 MW. TASL which has designed platform, bridge and combat management systems in the past will work on diesel generators and motors.

The project aims to launch the lead ship of the 18-class by 2028, and planned commissioning in 2029. Being the project of such scale, Ministry of Defence has appropriated funds of $1.5 billion for the annual budget."
    https://m.reddit.com/r/GlobalPowers/comments/3ayo3e/secret_project_18class_destroyer/
    For lasers, I have already posted enough information,
    http://indiandefence.com/threads/indian-laser-and-directed-energy-weapon-dew-thread.57315/

For Electromagnetic gun, I provided you guys source that it's on Indian Navy's cards and some day, I will succeed in finding out the research paper published about it.:devil:
    Till then, wait and discuss.

Aqwoyk and Schwifty like this.
  14. R A VARUN REDDY

Country Flag:
    India
  15. R A VARUN REDDY

Country Flag:
    India
    did you really mean launching the ucav's from the destroyers. i doubt its recovering ability but the idea is fantastic.

Indx TechStyle likes this.