Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Future "super destroyer",can India make it??

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Indian Jatt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Alpha1

Alpha1 Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

This is exactly what i was saying
    +1

2. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom

Thats not the problem. I dont trust our own govt/military. I will not be part of a murder weapon that should only be used in defence of this country. I was given the chance to design UAVs.... no. I dont want to design UAVs to be used for blowing up people in some country.

3. G777

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I have already been through this but a ship like mine with a 500 mile range can protect the whole of Britain. Take for instance that Russian ship that came close to our coastline, it could hit that. I am actually counting on a strike on this ship by an enemy but it was never really made to go to other countries territiory. To attack an enemy at the heart you need numbers, KG6 is a really good ship but I found the biggest weakness of a surface vessel is subs. I would say somthing like KG6 would be useful in war but one or more nuclear torpedoes and its gone. HOWEVER... too many ships need more maintenace and are more vulnerable because their smaller size means less size for large electronic systems and weapons. If I could build six of these KG6 ships then we would be the best defended country in the world.

Himanshu Pandey likes this.
  4. G777

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Lasers cant shoot over the horizon and rail guns have yet to be built with guided shells. Thats the problem with railguns, high speed but no guidance, its just a fancy power sucking long range cruiser gun. Lasers are really good for short range but they have to be focused on the spot which is a problem for a ship, I know because I tested it, the ship needs good stability to minimize the rocking motion or the laser will miss by miles at long distance.

Himanshu Pandey likes this.
  5. G777

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    I think... I have an idea that might just work. hehe hehe hehe hehe hehe

Indian Jatt likes this.
  6. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    What idea?

7. G777

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom

What about a hybrid?

8. grond

grond Captain SENIOR MEMBER

@G777 , I guess OP means this -->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arsenal_ship Bigger can also mean better , cramming more sensors and the sensors dont have to suffer the limitations of a flight deck... Sorta makes a great capital ship of the fleet..

9. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel IDF NewBie

Older report, but hints in what whay IN might go:

Indian Jatt likes this.
  10. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Heavy destroyer is not only about weight but how they are armed, surely the base is what i look at but importantly its the size, and such heavy armament makes it bigger too

11. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    India might be better off if the Russians reactivate the Kiev class heavy aviation cruisers.
    I personally think it was a very good design that in group of 2 can be totally effective

12. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Hybrid as water and land or water and air

G777 likes this.
  13. Indian Jatt

Indian Jatt Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    That means u want a big catamarine hull and armed heavily so that it can deliver quick and come back fast that way it will face less resistance from big waves thus maintaining high speeds and maneuverability......that's a good design though but would lack armour dont u think???

kiduva21 likes this.
  14. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Lack of heavy armour yes, the logic is

1. All the present day Anti shipping missiles and torpedos are even able to destroy a heavy armoured vessel so having heavy armour is leaving it to probablities

2. When you have heavy armour, you need to bring in more heavy and powerful engine, thus increases the weight and hence the speed.

In my concept, I am depending on PASSIVE and ACTIVE defence systems for example

Passive will include jammers and the works
    Active will include CIWS system (4) which will take care of the missile, also to keep about 8 Active systems based on available systems like IRON FIST or Trophy which have been proven effective when used against anti tank missiles.
    Thus I might rely more on speed and technology for self defence as opposed to heavy armour

venureddy and Indian Jatt like this.
  15. Indian Jatt

Indian Jatt Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    do u really think thats what we are talking about???thats the P17-A guided missile frigate and look at its hull it wont be able to support heavy missiles and iam talking about a powerful and well defended ship u can think about any ship but whats being built will be different.....