Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Future "super destroyer",can India make it??

Discussion in 'Indian Navy' started by Indian Jatt, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Indian Jatt

Indian Jatt Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    maybe these ships can be used as a fleet command ship as they are heavily defended and packed with powerful punch....maybe use them for increasing power of fleet 2 of them and india can use them for land attack capabilities while these ships are firing their loads other ships can protect them from air attack, i agree they cannot work alone but even an AC cannot work alone without other support ships.....I think IN should build another 4 AA destroyers for these heavy cruiser what do u think???@Bismarck

2. G777

G777 Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Hmmm. Already made both land and water (Tyranohod Battlefort walker hybrid), I also made land, water and air aka Comyandar . Maybe the next step should be making a submersible aircraft.

3. G777

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    KG6 has armour but alongside its armour its like reactive armour as fragments will do a lot of damage from a high speed missile. If you destroy a missile you will be hit by pieces of debris moving at high speed.

4. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    Try everything because in future even ships are gonna fly may be in space??

G777 likes this.
  5. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    True but then the point of impact (the approaching missile and active anti missile system) should be about 50 metres from the vessel, Frankly its better to be hit by shrapnel than to be hit by the missile itself is it not?
    Thus the plan of defence is say CIWS, and then there is the active anti missile system and then the ERA but hope the armour is not too heavy

6. G777

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom

Armour is a failsafe however it must also be a defensive weapon as normal old fashioned armour is useless against modern missiles, the armour on the KG6 is only for against shrapnel and the last defence if all else fails. Good luch getting a single weapon to hit it though lol.

7. G777

Country Flag:
    United Kingdom
    Pfft. old idea. However its getting it to work, thats the hard part. I helped design a submersible starship destroyer, trust me it wasnt easy.

Indian Jatt likes this.
  8. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    I am not betting on a single weapon to hit the missile, but rather something like a a "Shot" that explodes when in close proximity of the approaching missile.. that should destroy or at least make the missile ineffective

G777 likes this.
  9. Himanshu Pandey

Himanshu Pandey Don't get mad, get even. STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Humm if such a machine can be made with economic practicallity it will change the war for forever.

10. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    Maybe in future some 1000 years from now???

11. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel IDF NewBie

Did you watched the whole report? If yes, you must have heared the IN official talking about future vessels with a trimaran design, comparable to the US LCS, as a successor of the P17. So any future destroyer might have a similar design to, just with different moduls to house more VLS for different missiles for example, be it more air defence missiles, in a role to defend a carrier, or more land attack missiles in a role as an attack platform.

What you might want is more an arsenal ship, but that won't come for sure, since A the trend is to smaller and less detectable vessels with high fire power and B, IN has no requirement for big single vessles like old battle cruisers. So anything beyond destroyer might be submergable like an SSGN or SSBN to extend firepower.

12. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    I got it...

13. Bismarck

Bismarck BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    So I guess my direction of design is very correct,
    Guys ready for the next idea?

14. Indian Jatt

Country Flag:
    India
    How about a trimaran design ship with 2 ballast tanks when in need dive to some meters below only till deck and when missiles need to be fired come over the surface......would become more stealthy that way....@bismarck

15. Sancho

Sancho Lt. Colonel IDF NewBie

Not trimaran, but submergable:

DCNS présente un nouveau concept-ship sous-marin au salon Euronaval - Construction navale (civile ou militaire)

The French imo are the most innovative when it comes to naval designs and ideas, next to the US and they have interesting trimaran concepts too: