Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Gallup Survey:59% Indians approve of Manmohan Singh's performance.

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by ColdPlay, May 12, 2012.

?

Do you approve or disapprove of the job performance of country leader?

Poll closed Nov 28, 2012.
  1. Approve

36.8%
  2. Disapprove

57.9%
  3. Don't know/Refuse to answer

5.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdPlay

ColdPlay Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

May 11, 2012
    Southeast Asian Leaders Earn Highest Job Approval in Asia
    Asians generally more likely to approve than disapprove of their leaders
    by Melanie Standish

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Majorities in more than half of the 21 Asian countries and regions Gallup surveyed in 2011 approved of their chief executives, with leaders in Southeast and South Asia earning some of the highest marks in the region. Laotians, Cambodians, and Sri Lankans were the most likely to express support for their leaders, with more than nine in 10 saying they approve of their job performance. The 20% approval rating that Pakistanis gave their president was the lowest in the region.

[​IMG]

Recent government corruption scandals and economic troubles have likely tarnished the image of Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, who has seen a slight dip in his approval.

[​IMG]
    Strange,going by the reactions on this forum I though 75% of Indians would disapprove of his leadership!:ranger:
    But yes his approval has dropped by 6%.

Note:More than 3500 Indians were interviewed by Gallup for this survey.
    http://www.gallup.com/file/se/128171/Country%20Dataset%20Details%20MAR%202012%203-28-12rp.pdf
    (See Page 9 of the above file).

Source:Southeast Asian Leaders Earn Highest Job Approval in Asia

2. ColdPlay

ColdPlay Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Poll added.

3. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

he has a lot of cleaning up to do. But he has kept economy at the centre of debate though he hasn't been able to push reforms. I believe if he had a stronger political hand he would have pushed reform and politics is the thing that's keeping the economy in doldrums- not MMS's intentions.

4. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

justice Katju's is wrong ,its 59% not 90%

5. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I admit that he is a good person,
    but that doesn't make up for all the corruption in his government,
    he has a lot of questions to answer for his government.

6. booo

booo Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

^though he is a good person, he is not fit for the prime minister. either he should grow some spine or step down. being a proxy to the italian waitress is not what india wants.

7. Osiris

why u felt he is a good person ?

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  8. Blackwater

Blackwater Captain SENIOR MEMBER

y u felt he is not???

9. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Economic Liberalization of 1990s, Remember

It is due to this that we are growing at 8%+
    and thinking of competing with China.

UPA-2 ruined his image
    Indeed he was a strong Finance Minister,
    but perhaps the weakest Prime Minister.

10. tangocharlie

tangocharlie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I don't agree that he is a good person indeed. If he did something good at the time when he was a FM, why can't the same thing be repeated when he is a PM. I can't buy your reason him to be a good person.

Its something that he was having balls at that time when he was a FM, but lost balls when he is a PM. disgusting !!!!

1 person likes this.
  11. Blackwater

you forgot ,its a collation govt. They have to bend on their demands to stop their govt to fall.

u hate him coz he is not politians. He does not know how to manipulate like other politicians..

as a leader as a prime minister he has to take the heat

12. tangocharlie

tangocharlie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

I agree brother, But if he is a responsible enough then he should know his potentials. Like I am very good on something but its not like that I am champion of everything. He shouldn't accept the position of PM if he didn't have enough potentials. Politicians are the peoples which are know for there decisions, not known to knee down on the wished of there partners. If you have to judge, then your judgement are based on the evidences not on the theorems.

So, being a citizen of India I have right to ask them and if they are not willing to do there countrymen then they should be criticized.

Its my sense, might you think it in some other ways but that is completely your call and I respect you too.

13. Blackwater

i think MMS is clear example of " JARORAT SE JAYEDA SHARAFAT, BUZHDALI KAHLATI HA"

1 person likes this.
  14. olivers

olivers 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Let me clarify:
    MMS - Sonia combo. It's worked wonders for UPA. We attack Sonia he goes under the radar. We attack him as useless, not working etc. Infact he is a stubborn babu according to the civil service folks. Anything he does not like he rejects and some reforms are stuck because of this attitude.

It prevented MMS being exposed for who he was in the first term. He wanted the Noo-Clear deal at any cost. He even endorsed horse trading. Foreign policy is completely under him. He did the disaster called Noo-Clear Deal. ENR the only thing Anil Kakodkar wanted other than fuel from the world for Thorium boot up is gone. Homi Bahab's dream buried by the biggest babu. We still said he is clean.

In the second term MMS was all knowing in all the scams that came out including 3g. We still called him clean. He is doodh peeta bacha. We kept attacking Sonia. We forgot all about MMS.

In the Indian civil service sector the higher up you go the lack of all reforms is blamed on one single person. MMS. He is a headache to even the babus working at the highest levels. He thinks should control everything.

Now to the best finance minister tag. It was all Narashima Rao. Read about that man! He knew so many Indian languages. A true scholar. He gave the orders MMS followed. He is good for that only. No independent thinking. MMS is known to make the wrong choices.

I fully agree with the results of the poll. Our public is being fed on lies. He is Mr. Clean. He is the worst economist on planet earth. How else can he have measures like food security bill, National Rural employment guarantee act ? I mean all of these are disasters for a developing country.

Employment Guarantee Act increases our cost of industrial production !!!! People will not leave the villages!!! State planning will result in development where it is not needed. India's ghost cities just like china but there is no "city" even visible!!! I mean to call him an economist is a disgrace on others! And it increases the cost of food making the people in the villages poorer. It creates inflation!!! We have seen all the effects!!!
    Therefore he is an .....! I don't want to use the words but if you follow the argument you will know the exact word to fill in for someone who destroys a country in the name of being an economist but fails in economics 101 of the policy just shown above!!! ( Imagine a neta who says firmly 1+1 =3 is made the finance minister, we did the exact same thing with a babu who is PM.)

All the grains are rotting away. He tells the Supreme Court we will not give it to the poor. He says it's not economically feasible! :cursing: It's only feasible to feed it to the rats and worms :(

But all is well in India. I have almost given up hope bhai log. I feel like crying for mother India. I can't help her :( :hang2::cursing:

Last edited: May 13, 2012
    2 people like this.
  15. Osiris

first point economic liberalization ,it was an WB-IMF policy not manmohan's child ...he was not father of that child but foster father who nurtured illegitimate child of WB and IMF

a quarter of our GDP is owned by some 50 corporate families ,they are growing so our GDP ,no benefit for the poor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.