Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Gaming & Tech corner

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by Gessler, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Hi people, I just thought we should take @PARIKRAMA 's idea further. Use this thread to post anything you like about video games (doesn't matter which platform, PC, consoles or mobile), any interesting tech & gadgets you like, stuff like that.

@randomradio @Abingdonboy @BMD @Freyja @Technofox @omya @Marqueur and all the others...

Let me start off with a trailer compilation for my most-awaited game of all time, Mass Effect: Andromeda -

omya, Marqueur, PARIKRAMA and 3 others like this.
  2. Aqwoyk

Aqwoyk Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I am in.
    Btw RG mehanics se downlod karne wale allowed hai na :lol:

PARIKRAMA, Gessler and Kalmuahlaunda like this.
  3. Kalmuahlaunda

Kalmuahlaunda Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Ahoy!! fellow Pirate. How be ye doin'?

Aqwoyk likes this.
  4. Aqwoyk

Country Flag:
    India
    Bs yar denuvo ne BC kam khrab kar diya h na homefront revolution , na BF1, na GoW4 and many others :artillery:

5. Aqwoyk

Country Flag:
    India
  6. Aqwoyk

Country Flag:
    India
  7. Marqueur

Marqueur Peaceful Silence ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    PARIKRAMA and Gessler like this.
  8. randomradio

randomradio Colonel REGISTERED

9. Tejasmk3

Tejasmk3 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India

Supposed to be southern India :lol:

Marqueur and Aqwoyk like this.
  10. Aqwoyk

Country Flag:
    India
    Anyone here with the vr headset

11. Freyja

Freyja REGISTERED

Country Flag:
    Norway
    I own a Vive. I demoed the Rift, but ultimately felt it wasn't as capable as Vive. Right now I have a few horror games, but I'm waiting for the Chernobyl VR project. It's not like STALKER or anything, though VR STALKER would just about be the best thing ever (seriously am I the only one that wants to play STALKER on a VR platform?), but is a tour around Chernobyl, minus the potential to grow a third arm.

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1028758880514808/

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
    Wolfpack, PARIKRAMA and Aqwoyk like this.
  12. Tejasmk3

Tejasmk3 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I have never completed stalker :( It was too buggy, kept crashing on my then pc, should go back and try it on my new one. Seemed like an amazing game

PARIKRAMA likes this.
  13. Freyja

Freyja REGISTERED

Country Flag:
    Norway
    They're still very buggy, and even with a modern computer and GPU the dynamic lighting still causes hitching, but there's no experience quite like the STALKER game. Metro comes close and I love 2033 (last light was off), but STALKER is in a league of its own. SHoC is far and away the best, and while it's the most popular I feel like CoP is the worst and takes a lot of the horror and survival elements out. CS is a gem, but if you're concerned about bugginess, the it's going to be a daunting experience since its faction system is one large mess. Weaker story but improve gameplay over SHoC.

As always mods fix most of the bugs and the Shadow of Chernobyl Complete mod fixes 90% of the issues while adding some great features like music, the ability repair items and other useful things.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

Lost Alpha is a very good stand alone as well. It's what SHoC was supposed to be following the removal of some locations and features due to time constraints, but it adds everything back. It's not a complete overhaul of SHoC since it adds its own story and merges some locations found in CoP and SHoC, but if you have an unpacker like 7Zip or WinRAR, it's worth a look at too. Be warned, you can break the game by killing off certain people. I found that out the hard way when I got my murder on trying to get a VSS from the Sin leader Veles.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

Turns out that despite being marked hostile, and later neutral by the latest patch, he's an essential character to progress the story. Duty's leader too. If you're going to try Lost Alpha, or if anyone is thinking about it, don't kill anything that isn't marked as hostile or else you run the risk of major game breaking.

Give STALKER at try though, it's a great series. I'd recommend if nothing else you at least experience Shadow of Chernobyl, as I feel it's the best of the bunch and make sure to mod it too.

Tejasmk3 likes this.
  14. Aqwoyk

Country Flag:
    India
  15. Freyja

Freyja REGISTERED

Country Flag:
    Norway
    Quad GTX980 ti SLI

[​IMG]

I'm looking to get a dual GTX 1080 ti, but I've heard they can't be SLI'd because of a lack of driver support. Until that's fixed I'll stick with my quad 980 ti setup.