Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Ghauri I and Ghauri II failed - Musharraf

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by RoYaN, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

NEW YORK: Former President Pervez Musharraf has said missile tests of Ghauri I and Ghauri II failed and Dr. Qadeer Khan is well aware of all this, Geo News reported.

He said those goods, which Dr. Qadeer would import or export, would be exempted from checking at customs therefore none dared to touch them. Only Dr. Qadeer Khan is responsible for nuclear proliferation.

He was allowed to go anywhere upon informing the government officials when I was on charge being president of Pakistan, Musharraf said, dispelling the impressions that Dr. Qadeer would remain under house arrest.

Supporting his decision to place precincts upon AQ Khan, Musharraf said he provided protection to Dr Qadeer Khan by means of putting ban on him as foreign forces were becoming mad to take him from Pakistan.

This Pervez Musharraf said, responding to a question posed by Jang News correspondent here in New York.

To a question, Musharraf said Dr. Qadeer Khan was an expert at Metallurgy science and did some work in nuclear enrichment whereas other scientists played major role in making Pakistan nuclear power but only considering him being hero, is injustice to other scientists.

Admitting that a letter he received from former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto, he said BB wrote me a letter, carrying three names whom she thought would attack on her, but I believe that Baitullah Mehsood assassinated her.

Those three persons, indicated in her letter, were Pervez Ilahi, Brig (Retd.) Ijaz Shah and General (retd.) Hameed Gul, he said.

“Baitullah Mehsood was the master mind of her assassination,â€￾ he claimed adding, “But I cannot confirm who might be behind the plot to kill Benazir.â€￾

Musharraf said Lal Mosque issue is being politicized only. There were only 125 persons in mosque as all women and girls had gone off the mosques before attack.

Ghauri I and Ghauri II failed - Musharraf

2. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

You mean the chinese gave them defective pieces for their nuclear arsenal???:no: ....they've got reason to be scared of their nukes now...what if the missles take off to hit delhi, flop half way and land up in karachi...?? :biggthumpup::rofl:

3. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Lets not drag the Chinese in to this , lets limit it to our western neighbor

4. Tailchopper

Tailchopper Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    Pakistan
    Heated debate on Defence.pk -- just switch from the WDN link below - you should be able to use your Indian defence username and password there too.

5. tariqkhan18

tariqkhan18 Major Staff Member ADMINISTRATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    At least now we know that their missiles fail as well. :rofl:

Otherwise, there was always a news on how successful the missile test was.

6. BlueOval

BlueOval Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Well tests are usually successful...its the Missile that fails ...and not the test..... :rofl:

1 person likes this.
  7. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

Both gauri 1 and 2 r inducted in their forces as far as i know,but this will be a tight slap on those Pakistanis who say they had even successfully tested Gauri-3,Taimur,Tipu and whatever names,just waiting for India to test Agni-5 to make it official.

8. Spartacus+

Spartacus+ Captain SENIOR MEMBER

One or two failure is not a big problem Ghauri I and Ghauri II success rate is high and they are operational with Pakistan army.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.