Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Girl accused of blasphemy for a spelling error

Discussion in 'South Asia & SAARC' started by DaRk KnIght, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star Wars

Star Wars Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I just don;t get how a girl on 8th standard can be accused of blashpemy.. One needs a little bit of compassion when treating with other riligions. This is basically because of the years of intolarance influeneced on the society by the previous govt's . This is a highly dangerous trend...

2. A haseeb A

A haseeb A Captain SENIOR MEMBER

It is not the government's fault,they have been too "busy",each time...the people mostly pay heed to the so-called "religious scholars" who teach them extremism...this the result of the peoples' own ignorance about the religion..

3. Pagan666!

Pagan666! 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Me too!

4. lucifer

lucifer Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

pathetic instance.... stuff like this happens everywhere, wasnt really needed to single pakistan out on this instance I feel, nonetheless a shameless act done by shameless people who need to be brought to justice. religion has no place in an issue like this, only brought in by the extremists and they are the one's who need to be punished... only if the authorities dont take concrete action then it becomes a major issue, I feel.

5. vikas jat

vikas jat Captain SENIOR MEMBER

pakistan existance is based on religion so they dont care about other people just force everone to be muslim ...........they are kattars dont have feelings

6. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

I HATE this law.
    We have Muslims (liberal too), Christians, Hindus, Sikhs and atheists have started to appear.
    This law is unfair to these minorities and in a way unfair to the common man, we should be able to live, worship, and prosper as we please.

7. Sanjeeb Bose

Sanjeeb Bose Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

What surprises me is how come the so called faithfuls demand implementation of a man made laws? Is it not an irony ? I last heard that the school authorities has managed the situation well...

8. Shikari

Shikari 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

To my mind, the problem is not with their religion or their beliefs or even their nationality. These same people, if born in my family, would perhaps have been very level headed. The problem, I believe, is the ignorance that abject poverty breeds. This situation, in my opinion of course, is much more serious than just "some extremists" interpreting laws in their own way. If the report is to be believed, then there were rallies in the streets and the people deciding to expel the student (or move the mother, for that matter) might not have had a choice in the matter - they might have been pressured into doing so. In short, this was a mass movement and reflects the worst of society (not just an individual).

HOWEVER, I would be gravely over-simplifying the matter if I now concluded with "Hence, Pakistan is a hopeless case." Let me use an example. A few months ago, there was another Pakistan-bashing article about a woman being gang-raped by many men because of a supposed offence made to the men by that woman's brother. Many people, quite rightly, were disgusted by that incident but as far as I remember, no one mentioned that the same thing happened in India a month ago... and a month later! So... the Indian society is like a cancer as well?? And India is also a failed state? The point I am trying to make is that many (mostly uneducated and unemployed) Indians take primal pleasure in humiliating the Pakistanis (mostly cuz they have nothing to do and because of the structure of Indian society, Pakistanis are the only ones EVERYONE can bash and be popular for) - they also believe that since they write proper English and can spell, their wisdom rivals that of Ashoka or Buddha. I have met many such people and frankly, their presence disgusts me. I would like to hope that this site doesn't turn into one of those sites which I have to take care to avoid. I dislike the PDF for this very reason but before we criticize PDF, we need to ask if we're actually any better.

Would I get this same enthusiastic reply if I started a thread about some heinous torture practiced regularly in India? Or would people question my allegiance, my true nationality, my IQ and then shut the thread down because "it is irrelevant to Indian Defense and OBVIOUSLY, I'm a troll". There are reasons why the Pakistanis hate us and not all of them have to do with them being "ignorant" or "stupid" or "religious extremists" or "uneducated bimbos".

Anyway, my post wasn't meant to insult people or in any way divert attention from the seriousness of the crime committed against this helpless family. I only hope you remember the gist of my article for the rest of the day... and maybe tomorrow... and maybe, just maybe, the day after... and pretty soon we can change ourselves. Also, I am aware that I didn't include any sources to back up my claims about what goes on in India but if anyone is really interested, one hour of searching google should help them find much more than they are looking for. However, Indians with basic knowledge about India (people whose Indian awareness stretches beyond the few cities) will have no problems with accepting my claims at face value... Or so I hope. :tongue:

Anyway, I hope the people that forced this poor family from their home all die slowly of leprosy since picking on those who can't defend themselves is sadistic and the very essence of evil (partly because it is so easy to do).

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.