Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

HC notice to Rahul Gandhi on missing girl

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by DaRk KnIght, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

The Lucknow [ Images ] bench of Allahabad high court on Tuesday issued notice to Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi [ Images ] on a petition seeking information about the whereabouts of a missing girl and her family.

The girl and her family are alleged to be "untraceable" ever since they called on Rahul during one of his visit to his parliamentary constituency, Amethi on December 13, 2006.

Moving a petition on behalf of the family, Kishore Samrite, former Samajwadi Party MLA from Madhya Pradesh [ Images ], has accused the Congress celebrity and his five foreigner friends of indulging in criminal assault on the 24-year-old Sukanya Singh.

Claiming to have learnt this from some news website, the petitioner has stated, "I was moved by the news. So I came all the way from my home in Balaghat, Madhya Pradesh to Amethi where I found the girl's house locked. Local villagers were tight-lipped about the whereabouts of the family."

He has, therefore, sought the intervention of the Allahabad high court "to issue a writ of Habeas Corpus to Rahul Gandhi to produce the missing girl Sukanya, her father Balram Singh and mother Savitri Singh."

While issuing the notice, a single judge bench comprising Justice SN Shukla did not fix any date for hearing the case, the petitioner's advocate Surya Mani Raikwar told rediff.com.

HC notice to Rahul Gandhi on missing girl - Rediff.com India News

1 person likes this.
  2. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Guynextdoor you are requested to share your view regarding this news keeping in mind your earlier comments on Bihar MLA accused of Rape thread. :azn:

3. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

:Facepalm:

4. Coltsfan

Coltsfan <b>SENIOR MEMBER</b> SENIOR MEMBER

I am confused, the girl and her family have been missing since last 5 years? and no one knows about it?

5. Desi Jatt

Desi Jatt Captain ELITE MEMBER

the villagers are said to be silent on the issue..and thus was never brought into media limelight..although the MLA from Smajawadi party says he got the news from some news website..which is strange.

if its true, then a proper probe should be launched.

6. Coltsfan

True, if we are finding disappearance of a whole family from an anonymous website that is discovered by a politician, then we are for dark times ahead.

2 people like this.
  7. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

Well, it's agreed that there should be a proper probe if the news about missing family is true.

A former SP MLA finding the 5 year old news in a news site (mind it nobody else found it) is the key here though.

And trying to bring in Rahul Gandhi (just because they called on to him during his constitution visit) is the creame topping of the news piece.

P.S.: I'm no fan of Rahul Gandhi. In fact, I get really agitated when people try to project him as our future PM. Because so far he has shown no quality (none whatsoever) to show any capability of leading my great country. That is apart from being born in the dynasty.

1 person likes this.
  8. Welcome

Welcome 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

indian media never show any news against rahul and Sonia gandhi.....I don't know why? but there is lot of cases of rahul like Boston airport case, Rahul living with a foreigner in delhi home, rahul drug case etc. you can easily find all these news in internet.

1 person likes this.
  9. Coltsfan

Add this story to the growing list of scandal stories with no basis too.

Entertainment starved public will lap up anything.

10. Welcome

Welcome 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

i think you are a true fan of gandhi family.....if you want to see the real face of rahul than read this thread with source.(don't forget click of post 2)

http://www.indiandefence.com/forums/f31/real-face-sonia-rahul-gandhi-4730/

11. Coltsfan

Already seen that.

I have suggested to mods we should start a tabloid/baseless stories section where we can post such material.

Including stories that a certain ex PM was a habitual user of "afeem" and also came in Parliament under its influence.

12. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

i thought it was a propaganda spread by some extreme right wing websites.now this is a nice devolpment

13. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

NOthing more than an EX-M.P trying to gain lime light :hitwall:

14. Osiris

Osiris Major SENIOR MEMBER

much more than that..this news is about a High court notice to Rahul

15. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Lets wait for Rahul's lawyers to reply to that notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.