Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Hindu Rashtra Explained

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Sid, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeti

yeti 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Just a clever ruler who did things when he decided to I woulden't call that tolerance just good business sense perhaps.

2. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Some one with marxist view calls contrary views IDIOT.

3. rcscwc

This "tolerant and secular" Akbar ordered the ccmplete massacre of all the civilians of Chittor city. 30,000 were killed.

Height of perversity is that marxist historians fully "understand" the need for such a severe massacre.

He ordered the execution of 30,000 non-combatants after the capture of Chittorgarh in 1568. Eight thousand women immolated themselves. Akbar Retorted ( 4):-

“I am in no mood to listen to the sound of good words.My ears are at present attuned to enjoy the clang of sword. Leave me alone. I am in communication with Amir ( Timur). Send me a good reciter. Let him read to me in oud voice chapters seven to twelve of shahnama… Blood, not nectar, holds the key to the success of a sovereign. Give me war. Peace is of no avail to me….”

“The omnipotent one who enjoined the task of destroying the wicked infidels on the dutiful mujahids through the blows of their thunder like scimitars laid down…. Fight them, Allah will chastise them at your hands and he will lay them low and give you victory over them….”

“We spend our precious time to the best of our ability in war and jihad and with the the help of allah.. we are busy in subjugating the localities, habitations, forts, and towns, which are under the possession of infidels. May eternalAllah forsake and annihilate all of them, and thus raising the standard of Islam everywhere and removing the darkness of polytheism. by the use of sword. We destroy the places of worship of idols in those places and other parts of India….”

What a level of tolerance!!

But then Romila Thapar had once called Babar an ambassador of peace from Uzbekistan.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  4. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

He was a medieval King & his actions reflect that. No one is claiming that he was equivalent to Gandhi. what is being judged are his policies when contrasted with others of his era much like the only other King in Indian history also called "The Great" - Asoka.

1 person likes this.
  5. rcscwc

Like it or not. Haldi Ghati is sacred pilgrim place for Hindus. People bring back the yellow soil of HG.

6. rcscwc

Ashoka did not add Mahan with his name. Akbar means great.

Is Major Singh a major of army? Is Jarnail Singh a general of army?

7. illuminati

illuminati Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Not being want to encourage this thing, but the RSS manifesto, based on their website and other sources on the web, does indeed confirm that they are for eradication of the caste system.

It's in their manifesto.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  8. illuminati

Forget pre-history. Human beings have always migrated throughout history, we're all African apes, Babur was just one more ape seeking greener pasteurs. Do note that in monarchy, religion offers just one more excuse to do what you want. No one wants to die for anything, let alone religion, without some form of benefit.

Suppose you take out the heaven business out of martyrdom, do you actually think someone would want to die for an ideology? Nope - it's always other reasons, not religion. Babur et al were simply people who desired wealth, so the fastest way to attain it was to invade and loot - and use religion to legitimize it.

It's always the same old reasons, something selfish and primitive, never philosophical. No one does anything without self interests.

1 person likes this.
  9. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    I completely agree

10. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

Please cite your source...

11. yeti

yeti 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Yep that's the whole point of Hindu unity and why RSS have mass support still to this day.

12. utraash

utraash FULL MEMBER

Exactly... Gandhi cant be the Father....

13. illuminati

I politely disagree, Gandhiji is the best, looking at it from qualitative and quantitative angle, 'father of the nation' material India had. Qualified, ideologue, well articulated and affinity with literature - perfect political icon, don't forget, he was a lawyer to boot.

Look up world history, US/Singapore - developed examples, lawyers end up as politicians. Even Lee Kuan Yew is a lawyer.

14. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

I think the idea being propagated is that as a nation existed before Gandhi, he could possibly not be its father. The RSS brigade believes that India/Bharat was always a nation. This is no-hope argument. You & I could see it in different terms but it is like banging your head against a brick wall. People seem to close themselves to any alternative arguments once they go down that line.

15. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Hinduism is truly father of mother India, not Gandhi, he is father of Congress.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.