Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Hindu Rashtra Explained

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Sid, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

By your standards, Gandhi is a zero, as he never attended Harvard. He is not a zero.

Aryabhata too never went to Harvard, so he is a ZERO? No, he is not. You are ZERO.

Whaich Indic scholarship are you talking of re. Samkhya? Hmmm. Is it dualistic in nature? Maybe. How does it make it irrelevant? Noway. Samkkhya seals with materialism side of the world and is evolutionary in nature. Not much of theistic, as it is not theological in nature. Ditto for Yoga philosophy too, except that it deals with other aspects of world.

You are not being arrogant. You are being too smart by half, as if others are louts.Don't do justv reading, do some understanding too. Indian philosophy is too broad and profound for internet scholars like you.

As for our elections, leave that to us, no interference is required.

Sum total is that a Father of Hindu Rashtra cannot be identified, so it is sanatan.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  2. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Mr Genius, whats the relation to the question I asked and the answer you gave.

No two religions/idealogies or their teachings are the same to the dot - the least of it being Hinduism, and Islam.

So your very basic postulation that what happened to Islamic Pakistan would have happened to Hindu India is faulty to the core. The most prosperous ages of this great country was when Hinduism was the dominant in all walks of life - social,cultural and political and before the semitics never set foot here.

Try as you might to re-write history, for what you call ingeniously national integration, the truth is there for all of us to see and frankly I don't think the National integration can be achieved by what you do - rewriting history.

And BTW how is the democracy benefitting the 300-400 million poor..? How is the so called secularism benefitting the same 300-400 million poor..? Shall we bury them ?

3. Rudrakx

Rudrakx Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

In India, Muslims as a minority are in far better position than, monitories in other developing countries! E.g. China. Well I don't really have show you how are non-muslim minorities are in Islamic countries.
    I am plying politics ??? Wow Wow Wow !

No its more about Pseudo-secularism. No BJP do play politics so do other parties. If you check last gujrat elections , Naredra modi Never pronounced "Hindu" or "hindutva" even for a single time !
    And for that matter, each and every subject concern with the masses is Political, their is nothing non-political !
    As I said earlier, India's multiculturalism or Plurality existed before Islam and Christianity in India. multicultural India is more because of its regional diversity associated with culture, language, food, beliefs, "preferred regional gods", traditional dress etc etc. But still unity because we have faith in same gods, follow similar ritual, don't eat non-veg on occasions, joint-family etc etc. In short we all are Hindus (Jains Sikhs, Buddhists). Islam and Christianity contributes to the least of all above.
    OT: Karthik Bhai , missed yo.

4. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

You are contradicting yourself buddy,You say India is a Multicultural and Plural country,and yet you are not accepting Islam and Christianity are part of Indian culture.Both these religions arrived in India thousands of years ago,In India both these religions has Indian identity.Your multiculturalism does not apply to them.All i can see is your narrow minded vision in which Islam and Christianity
    are part of foreign culture.
    If you think Political unity among Indians o is a result of Hindu identity and culture then you are wrong,It because of the secular Democratic India.Our secularism and democracy is the biggest reason of our unity..

Last edited: Sep 8, 2011
  5. rcscwc

How many thousands years ago?

And how they arrived!! With sword and fire, yeah.

India is secular and democratic only till there is a Hindu majority. Once that is gone, India will balkanize, secularism will be blown away in a puff of smoke.

6. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Prosperous for whom? You are making the same mistake that others have in assuming that prosperity was shared by many. It was most certainly not. Millions of lower castes/outcastes didn't enjoy the fruits of that "prosperity". Actually, there were enough laws in Hinduism that prohibited them from remotely being prosperous. You are making the mistake of mixing your present day position on a casteless society (because caste discrimination is morally repugnant by today's standards) & a "Golden age" which certainly wasn't that for many in this country. To go back to that would be unacceptable to most, including I'm sure, to you.

Can't argue that. True & true.

1 person likes this.
  7. rocky.idf

rocky.idf BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    Bangladesh
    1.Consequent to the Partition, it is odd that India did not declare itself a Hindu state. The first casualty was the founding father. The blessings of Secularism has remained largely confined to books of regulations to be consulted or not as expedient. The larger population in the rural/tribal areas neither understand or follow this concept. It is only the intellectual and socially conscious few who subscribe and promote secularism.

2. The minorities would have been safe and happier under a Hindu state. If the Hindu majority feels frightened or vulnerable because of all advantages dished out to the minorities, this factor would not be there. I believe if from Day 1 the majority Hindu community had been given formal recognition , much of India's problems in this aspect would not have occurred.

3. In modern day world the minorities are protected and given their rights everywhere. So would have happened in a Hindu India. I believe the minorities would have been better off.

4.However, such an outcome did not happen and may not happen, because then the politicians would have lost/would loose their favorite foot-ball to kick around.

8. ManuSankar

ManuSankar Major SENIOR MEMBER

Your are wrong,you know some of the Pakistani's hate Indian secularism and they try to make fun of it,they try to ridicule it by quoting it some odd examples(like Gujrat riot) but the truth is,they are feel embarrassed that Indian secularism is a contradiction
    to their Two Nation which is the very reason of Pakistan's existence,and they fear that it's success will prove Two Nation Theory(Hindus and Muslims cannot live together) is wrong.In India the main reason of communal harmony and democracy is a result of secularism,tell me how many non secular countries has successful democracies.

These Pakistani's will love to see India as a Hindu state (they do portray India as a Hindu state) because that will justify Partition and Two Nation Theory.We definitely don't need your advice about Indian Policies.India has and India will always remain a secular state.

9. TereBinLaden

TereBinLaden Captain STAR MEMBER

Mixing religion with state politics suck, the last thing I would accept India being a religion oriented nation, let it be a Hindu nation, though I am born in a Hindu family. Religion is self practice and should not be mixed with dirty state politics, freedom of religion is a fundamental right in India and well appreciated. A big kick in the bum for those religious brotherhood psychic people from my side.

3 people like this.
  10. Bang Galore

Bang Galore Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

You are mixing arguments, individuals need not be secular (& most are not), the state however should be. There are no constitutional provisions in India which discriminate against any person regardless of his or her religion. That is how a modern, secular state should be & frankly that is how most of us prefer our country to be whatever be our personal beliefs.

11. rcscwc

Those "some" paks are about 70-80%, means almost every adult. You can say some Pakistanis do not hate India.

12. Karthic Sri

Sounds good but is that what is happening in India ? Hell No !

In theory Secularism should have no connection with religion, but the problem arises when , like in India, the measure of secularism is considered directly proportional to the denouncement/rejection of the indigenous cultural/religious roots and directly proprtional to the amount of pandering to the minorities. Secularism which is defined as rejection of anything Hindu as is being done today in India will only create problems in the long term for the minorities when the Hindus who are fed up of all this bull shit start treating the minorities for what they are - minorities.

Do I want this warped, bastardized form of Secularism..? Nope. Screw it.

Either be a true secular state where religion does not matter in the eyes of the law or in any other circumstance and its just the term Indian that matters (no concept of majority,minority) or better be a Hindu Rashtra which acknowledges where the cultural/religious roots of this country lie.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2011
    2 people like this.
  13. Karthic Sri

I agree that India should be a secular state.

But the problem is Indian is currently not a secular state in practise (its secular only in name).

1 person likes this.
  14. rcscwc

I agree with you. Had India been truly secular, Hindus too would enjoy rights exactly equal to those of minorities.

15. infinity

infinity FULL MEMBER

Nepal is only Hindu Rashtra..........
    How are our relations with Nepal..........
    Pakistan was created on Religion.....see it now were it stands.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.