Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Hit by dissidence in Bihar, BJP alleges Nitish Kumar trying to split the party

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by tunguska, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tunguska

tunguska Major SENIOR MEMBER

Patna: Just a month after the Janata Dal (United) broke its ties with the Bharatiya Janata Party, cracks are visible within the Bihar unit of the BJP. Four BJP MLAs, of whom one has been suspended, have revolted against former Bihar deputy chief minister Sushil Kumar Modi alleging about his autocratic ways. Hit by the prospects of its MLAs crossing over to the JD(U), the BJP is alleging that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is behind the revolt.

"MLA Amarnath Gami has been suspended for six years. Nitish Kumar is behind this," BJP spokesperson Vinod Narayan Jha alleged.

The JD(U), however, has refuted the allegation. "As far as JD(U) is concerned, we have nothing to do with BJP," JD(U) General Secretary and spokesperson Dr Ajay Alok said.

Many state BJP members, mainly in the Mithilanchal region of north Bihar, are likely to join the JD(U), sources said on Sunday.
    Amarnath Gami, BJP MLA from Hayaghat in Darbhanga district, had accused Sushil Kumar Modi of monopolising party affairs and promoting sycophants and neglecting genuine workers like him. "Sushil Kumar Modi has hijacked the party. He does not want party cardres to progress and therefore he suppresses them. That's why I am against him," he had said.

While Gami has been suspended, sources said the party is considering action against other 'rebel' leaders - Vijay Mishra, Shashi Hazari and Rana Ganeshwar - too.

In a press release, state BJP Vice President Sanjay Mayukh said that state party president Mangal Pandey suspended Gami for anti-party activities.

Gami described his suspension without any showcause notice being served as 'undemocratic' and an example of Sushil Modi's monopoly over the party. Pandey dismissed Gami's allegations and justified his suspension.

Hitting out at the JD(U), Pandey said, "Our MLAs are being lured away. They are being offered ministership and their relatives are being promised seats in the legislative council". He accused Nitish of trying to shore up his numbers by wooing BJP legislators. "The day the Chief Minister expands his Council of Ministers, there will be a split in JD(U). So, he is trying to increase his numbers in the assembly".

After splitting from the BJP in June following the appointment of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as chief of the party's election campaign committee, the Nitish Kumar government had comfortably won a vote of confidence in the 243-member Bihar Assembly with the Congress backing it.

A total of 126 votes, including four of Congress and one of CPI, were cast in favour of the confidence motion while 24, including 22 of Lalu Prasad-led RJD, voted against the motion as BJP members staged a walkout before the vote.

Hit by dissidence in Bihar, BJP alleges Nitish Kumar trying to split the party

[MENTION=6253]vstol jockey[/MENTION] -Sirji Yaha Bihar me to Oolta ho raha hai.

2. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

BJP is better off without these power hungry MLA's. I'm sure JD(U) is going to lose the elections.

3. tunguska

Nope. This is not good. It clearly shows the BJP Bihar unit has some sort of problem. They must sort out the problem within party and they can’t afford to lose the MLA like this.

4. Rock n Rolla

Rock n Rolla Lt. Colonel STAR MEMBER

Are these MLA's popular in Bihar ?? I hope they're not.

5. vstol jockey

vstol jockey Colonel MILITARY STRATEGIST

Country Flag:
    India
    If you wud pls recall my posts regarding Advani & gang of four, I had very clearly stated that Advani will do this all and BJP must not think twice to break JDU in case Nitish calls it quit. I had stated that it must be done asap as any delay will mean that Advani in consort with Khangrass will cause more damage to BJP. This stupidity of BJP to listen to Advani and not break JDU at that time has cost BJP dearly. Everything has a time for action and if not acted upon you lose the advantage. BJP must now act in a covert game vd RJD to break JDU to force mid-term elections in Bihar.

2 people like this.
  6. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Very true. Hope Advani also breaks out at the earliest not on the eve of elections.

7. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    Bhagwan karay ki dilli main aisa bhookamp ayeh kee sirf Raavan aur shoorpnakha kay hee ghar giren aur woh sirf unhee kay siir par. Mukti milay insay kisay tarah.

1 person likes this.
  8. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    Sorry Vstol'ji i cant understand... Would you be kind enough to post it in English. Thanks.

9. vstol jockey

Country Flag:
    India
    I pray to god that let there be such an earthquake in delhi that only the houses of Advani and Sushma come crashing down and only on their heads with no one else being hurt. That is the only way to get rid of them.

1 person likes this.
  10. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    :rofl: well that is why they are called experienced politicians, if they do what is right who will vote for them. Create news, make noise and show the world they are alive and thriving... AM tired and sick of these back stabbing.

11. tunguska

There are MLAs. So obviously they have won their respective Constituency. So they are important to every party. That is why BJP must correct it’s mistake otherwise it will cost them dearly.

12. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    I would say nation's agenda should be the most priority. These are initial stages, the day close to elections we will see most of UPA politicians and goons alike flocking back to BJP to get shelter.

13. tunguska

Every one want agenda which affect our great nation should be in priority like development, strong INDIA at aboard, economy, good governance etc. Let me add that I am severely against the religion and cast based politics.

However be it initial stage or final stage, but congress know how to play caste and religion card in their favor during election especially in state of UP, Bihar. Additionally, BJP is running out of alleys. So it is high time to remain cautions again the UPA and BJP should not fall in trap of UPA who want to communalize the election as UPA has no achievement during their tenure. BJP must guard itself and must go on fight the election on development , corruption and good governance only.

1 person likes this.
  14. layman

Country Flag:
    United States
    Their only way out in this elections is Communal Violence and Caste and religion divisive approach. If BJP needs to stand they should make a strategy so that UPA is bound to show development as their main card. It is going to get ugly. BUt BJP should be prepared. Else votes will split out. But either the way instead of winning by whooping margin they would win by mere 5% to 10% extra.

UPA strategy is always faulted, BJP should capitalize may be even to start political fight on any issue is fine unless people knows the real reasons behind it. They should start resonating UPA's failure in and out, Every day as of such our people are so easy goers they forget what happened in the past.

BJP's PR campaign has not started it yet. It will determine their victory margin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.