Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Home Ministry approves hike in salaries of Delhi ministers, MLAs

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by Soumya_india, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soumya_india

Soumya_india 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Salaries of Delhi Ministers and MLAs are set to see a jump of up to 300 per cent soon with the Home Ministry giving an "in-principle" approval to a long-pending proposal of the city government.

"The proposal has been approved in-principle by the Home Ministry. But there are certain minor issues which are
    yet to be settled," top sources in the city government said.

The proposal to hike the salaries of Ministers and MLAs was sent by Delhi government to the Home Ministry in
    March for clearance after a similar proposal sent last year was rejected.

The decision of the Home Ministry to approve the proposal was conveyed to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit by Home Minister P Chidambaram when she called on him.

The Delhi cabinet had in February approved a proposal seeking a hike in the salaries of members of legislative
    assembly and ministers by up to 300 percent, citing inflation and increased cost of living.

As per the proposal, an MLA who currently gets nearly Rs 32,000 monthly, including all incentives, will get nearly Rs one lakh while the monthly emolument of a minister will go up to Rs 1,20,000 from the current Rs 43,000 a month.

Rejecting a similar proposal earlier, the Home Ministry had said as salary of legislators are revised after
    every five years, any hike of the salary of Delhi legislators could only be considered in 2012 as their salary was hiked in 2007.

News Today - An English evening daily published from Chennai

2. Soumya_india

thats so unfortunate to see that the our politician think that only they are facing the price hike....what about the "Aam janata"......
    its too shame man....:tdown:

3. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Actually I support this, the salary structure was archaic to say the least but the grime would be the timing closely following the Mumbai Blasts. This though long overdue will leave a bitter aftertaste in the present situation. Insensitive to say the least. They should have waited a little bit longer. In the eyes of the people, this move will enforce the long held view that each and every politician is only after looting the taxpayer and performing little or nothing to justify such a salary hike.

Disgusting. :hitwall:

4. Soumya_india

man i also support this....but 300% hike is too Disgusting and the time of the hike as well as you mentioned that...

5. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

this is just the salary hike, which is peanuts to these netas. I'm more interested to know their expenses package! what they claim & what they don't! does that fall under RTI? If it does, i wish someone files an application to find out! Believe me.. there will be some outrageous claims from these lot!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.