Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

Horror Stories - (Don't read them at Night)

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by Star Wars, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I saw my grandma after her death, i was sleepy so it won't qualify as any paranormal activity.

2. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

You cannot believe or disbelieve in something you don't know for sure.

3. tangocharlie

tangocharlie Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

Still this is a topic of discussion, nothing came out of this discussion. But there is something mysterious with normal and paranormal things.

4. kaku

kaku BANNED BANNED

maybe extra dimensional world is colliding with our world, becuase of this some people can see the extra dimensional things:whistle:

5. Shikari

Shikari 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Incorrect. You can believe (or disbelieve) anything you want. Loads of people believe in God. You cannot KNOW for sure.

6. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    Did the forum used to have a thread for Alien stories/UFO sightings etc.?

I dont remember much but about 2 years ago I read a thread about estraterrestrials...maybe
    in some other forum...:terrorist:

7. uptotrix

uptotrix Captain SENIOR MEMBER

All those people are only pretending. How can you believe something you don't know? Because you cannot know for certain you are only making wild claims with regard to your belief.

8. layman

layman Aurignacian STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    United States
    Extra Dimensional World like how scientist are explain multi dimensional theories… Well leave what is not uncertain, atleast let us know properly what is certain. We even can’t explain certain things which is occurring in our daily life to full extend, why bother to think about extra dimensions…

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  9. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    If the fabric of dimensions are well defined, then there shouldn't be any collision between dimensions.

10. neil_diablos

neil_diablos Lieutenant SENIOR MEMBER

There is nothing called ghosts but spirits do exist and their scientific presence has been established. Right now a lot of you are thinking, "yeah yeah we have heard all that before. Wheres the proof?" Before I tell you, I would like you understand a few things.

Ever wondered what happens after we die? I bet you have! But you don't have an answer. Which is why we are afraid of death and darkness which is basically a fear of the unknown. But my point is, it doesn't seem believable to me that one fine day our heart stops beating and we cease to exist and then nothing. The human body is an amazing and fascinating piece of biological construction. The human body is constantly producing energy which is allowing us to live and breathe and basically stay "Alive". Where does this energy go after the heart stops beating and the brain stops functioning? Here is what I believe.....

After death our soul becomes a spirit and spirits are nothing but ectoplasmic energy. While most of the time this energy cannot be perceived through naked eyes, there are times when this energy forms a greater concentrate which makes us perceive them as apparitions. Many people talk about "crossing over" into the "spirit world". What exactly is that?

The spirit world is nothing but a parallel dimension. We know of length, breadth, height, space and time as the known dimensions. But mathematics have proved the existence of countless other dimension. What are they? We do not know that......yet!

"Crossing over" is basically the transition of this ectoplasmic energy into another dimension which we term as "heaven" or "hell" or "underworld" or "spirit world" or "paradise" etc etc.

We have heard of people narrating tales of an out-of-body experience. What exactly is that? Some people have the ability to project their "spirit" out of their bodily form voluntarily (achieved through meditation) and some people have had a near death experience where their spirit has momentarily "stepped out" of their body. While most such cases are hoaxes or hallucinations, a handful of cases could be true where their spirit in its ectoplasmic form has momentarily left the current dimension into the another and somehow managed to return back.

Possession: 99% are split personality phenomenona where an alternate personality dominates the other allowing the person an unnatural control over the other senses thus leading to powers such as telekinesis (ability to move solid objects without touching them), speaking in dual tones (using the active as well as the dormant vocal chord) and an incredible ability to recall information from the subconscious mind, knowledge which normally you would never consider possessing. A good example is the character of Vidya Balan in the movie "Bhool Bhulaiyaa". By the way, I can speak in a dual tone and I freaked my wife out the first time I did that but I assure you I am not possessed!

But what about the rest 1%? I will let you decide......

PS: These are entirely my beliefs which are a combination of several paranormal theories, feel free to agree or disagree!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.