Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

How many of us are staying out of their motherland???

Discussion in 'The Big Adda' started by @speaks, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @speaks

@speaks Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Hello every one,

I am curious about.....
    How many of us are staying out of our native country and since when and where??
    How many of us are having citizenship of some other country??
    What they miss most about India??
    What they like Most about the country they are living presently??

And how many of us aspire to go abroad???
    While staying in foreign country earning livelihood there how they manage their loyalty?????

2. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    I'm in California , Orange County. Finished My M.S, Currently Working on H1 and again getting some coursework out of my way for my Ph.D

miss about India: Family , Friends, Food

Dont miss about India: Dust, Low Salary, Under powered Engines, Firearms Restriction, Bad Roads,

Loyalty: Once an Indian, Always an Indian..

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  3. JanjaWeed

JanjaWeed Captain SENIOR MEMBER

been living in London for the past sixteen yrs. Still very much indian by nationality & by loyalty. Taking up british nationality never occurred to me eventhough i'm qualified for the same. i do visit india quite often, maybe twice or thrice a year!!
    personally.. being away from India made me more patriotic than I ever was & helped me to look at things back home in india in more balanced & neutral way. There is this thinking back home in india that people living outside have lost touch with the country & doesn't understand the realities. Believe me.. sometimes indians living outside are more clued up about India than those who are living within!!
    Things can be irritating back home when it comes to the kind of tedious bureaucratic formalities one has to go through to get something done, which is not the case here. Another thing i don't miss about india is commuting. Don't miss any potholes, traffic jams or pollution (both air & noise)!! Get my money's worth while driving my car.
    Things i miss are many more than the ones i don't. Miss my mangalorean food (mostly sea food), little things like...plucking tender coconut from the coconut tree whenever you want. Going out fishing without the fear of getting caught for not having a fishing license, or those ancient rituals which we have in abundance down south. Things like having a cutting chai & vadapau down in mumbai suburbs. Might sound silly.. believe me.. i love doing all this back home in India!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2011
    3 people like this.
  4. Jungibaaz

Jungibaaz Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Is this thread for Indian members only? :what:

5. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    No not really... please share your views on living abroad , and what you miss about pakistan :smile:

1 person likes this.
  6. Jungibaaz

Well I came here to London from Pakistan in 2001.
    I am a British citizen now, i've grown used to living here.

What I miss about Pakistan most is the food, people (i.e friends and family), lifestyle itself... here in London the life style is hectic...
    I mean people here are unsociable, workaholics, I see folks brush past people they see everyday without finding the time to even greet, whereas in Pak... people are very sociable, Pakistani hospitality is one thing I miss very much.

A few things I don't miss.... load shedding and traffic.

I do visit Pakistan a lot and it is my first loyalty! I've got my mind set on moving back to Pakistan when I get the chance.

7. turkish

turkish Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

Whats stopping you from coming back....the traffic or the load shedding??? & tel me about your ur profile pic?? Is there any chance you like cats with guns???

8. abirbec04

abirbec04 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

I have left India in 2005 for Europe. Stayed there for 2 years till I finished my Masters and then came to US for my Phd. Am in US since 2007.

What I miss about India - Everything, the smell, the people, the food, the sounds, the chaos and the vibrancy of life.

You can take me out if India but you can't take India out of me.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  9. Jungibaaz

Well... I came here to get an education.
    As soon as I do get that done... I will move back to Pakistan.

Traffic and load shedding don't bother me about moving back... you know the old saying, eh?
    'There's no place like home'

as for my avatar.... I like the kitty.. It's like my prodigy, It suits my defence forum ID in a way.

10. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

I am born & bought up, studied in Assam, India. Worked in different places in India for 12 years. In Bahrain since 2009. Am an Indian citizen & will never give up it, one reason why I'm not taking up Australian residency although couple of my best buddies already did it & are insisting that I do the same too.

Miss about India: My bro, friends, rain, hills (specially my frequent trips to Arunachal, Darjeeling & Shillong), beaches (Bahrain beaches are horrible and we almost never go there) and the greenery. I do visit India though. Once or twice a year.

What I like about Bahrain: People here are the most friendly compared to all other Arab countries, gives freedom and to all expats, Safe & secure (We use to come back from parties late at night, sometimes walking from nearby place), Gulf salary ( :wink:)..

But, I want to go back to India permanently as soon as possible.

2 people like this.
  11. Skull and Bones

Skull and Bones Doctor Death Staff Member MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    @Hembo uncle

You've been to Darjeeling? Its like 40-50 Km away from my home. The scenery is mesmerizing in the morning, and at night you can see the headlights of the car turning in the winding street.

I'm gonna miss my hometown. :cray:

12. @speaks

@speaks Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Thanks alot for your views.. but how you would react to a person who is staying out of India since last 20-25 years in Europe and is more inclined towards the country he is living...

13. MilSpec

MilSpec Mod MODERATOR

Country Flag:
    India
    as god said to bruce "cannot interfere with free will"

14. desiman

desiman Lieutenant ELITE MEMBER

Born in Delhi and now settled in Canada, miss my India so much :(

15. Manmohan Yadav

Manmohan Yadav Brigadier STAR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India