Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

I salute the success story of Gujarat, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by WMD, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WMD

WMD Captain SENIOR MEMBER

While Narendra Modi is busy seeking a third consecutive mandate from the people of Gujarat, his governance received praise today from the most unlikeliest of quarters.

Without naming Mr Modi, actor Aishwarya Rai Bachchan today said, "I salute the success story of Gujarat." The 39-year-old actor, who was speaking at a promotional event in Vadodara, said, "I am familiar with the success story of Gujarat...I feel at home in the state. Gujarat has been going from strength to strength."

Her comments come in the midst of hectic political activity and campaigning for the assembly elections in the state. The first phase of elections will be held in Gujarat on December 13 followed by the second phase on December 17. The results are scheduled to be declared on December 20.
    Incidentally, Aishwarya's father-in-law and megastar Amitabh Bachchan is the brand ambassador of Gujarat. The actor's decision to lend his endorsement to the state in 2010 had generated a lot of controversy.

The Modi government has claimed that Gujarat has witnessed an increase in tourist footfalls over the past few years, especially since the state roped in Mr Bachchan as its brand ambassador.

I salute the success story of Gujarat, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan | NDTV.com

2. Kejriwal4PM

Kejriwal4PM 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

wow.. I am truly impressed by the quality of people who are endorsing Modi...
    who is next? Rakihi Sawant?

3. Anish

Anish Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    She is praising the state of gujarat. why do you have such a big problem with th state and its people?
    just because they reject your nonsense and you have totally failed to gather any support and no crowds?

1 person likes this.
  4. Gessler

Gessler BANNED BANNED

Country Flag:
    India
    How can you even compare Aishwarya to Rakhi??

5. Kejriwal4PM

On the contrary, it is you and your Modi brigade who is lowering the dignity of the state and its people by citing an actress (gujarat is certainly doing well without any certificate from aishwarya or rakhi) and by saying Gujarat developed since Modi took over (when in fact it was the fastest growing state in India for more than a decade before even Modi took over) thereby allowing Modi to steal credit from gujaratis.

Oh I am sorry... may be there is a grand difference of 5 points between their IQs.
    Dude, they are actors and one should consider their certificate only for acting etc. Its good they have an opinion on other things, but that doesnt carry any more weight than yours or mine.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  6. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    Bhaisaheb go to gujarat and ask any child what gujarat was before modi and what it is now.

North Gujarat was like current Uttar Pradesh.
    Saurashtra was a desert.
    Central gujarat from Amdavad to Vadodra in 24x7 curfew with riots every week.
    Then after that Guj 2001 earthquake and state reduced to rubble.

Then modi came with no pol exp. he was not even a corporator before. In keshubhai's own words "a constable had been made DGP".

But he turned out to be a natural leader and the best administrator ever.
    Now look at gujarat.
    Ask any child.

7. WMD

that's the most condescending thing i've heard on this forum.
    in a democracy everyone's opinion matter regardless of their iq, and btw they r actors that doesn't mean they hav low iq
    just look at James Woods or Dolph Lundgren or Natalie Portman.

8. Kejriwal4PM

Since it is no longer about GDP growth rates, which Modi brigade themselves brandished till sometime back, and since it is about anecdotes and heresy, I would suggest you to do the same in every states and nationally too - take a survey of different states on what people thought about their condition 10yrs back and now.

And you should do the same within gujarat too - because clearly not everyone thinks the same as you about Modi. How else would you expect that, while Modi/BJP got 49% of total votes polled, congress too got 38% in last assembly elections?

9. Kejriwal4PM

I already told their opinion on non-acting topics matters as much as yours or mine.
    And because they are actors, they are no intellects either. I would gladly accept there are intellects in movie industry, but surely Aishwarya is not one of them. You may disagree.

10. Trendz

Trendz 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

She is ur diggys best friend naa ?? so one will be knowing what she is upto ..

11. Anish

Country Flag:
    India
    keep insulting gujarat. your AAP cannot even secure 1% votes in gujarat.

12. Kejriwal4PM

Haha... you think you can carry on that "gujarat is modi, modi is gujarat" nonsense? :D

Fact is gujaratis were already the fastest growing (GDP) for more than a decade before Modi.
    And another fact is only 49% of voters voted for Modi and 38% for Congress in 2007 assembly elections.
    Get used to it.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  13. WMD

actually it doesn't matter what %age vote any single party got. if u look at the results of US presidential election of 2012 Romney got 47.3% while Obama got 51% of popular votes but its the electoral votes which matters and Obama got 332 compared to Romney's 206.(270 electoral votes needed to win)

14. Kejriwal4PM

Matters for what?
    For Modi to form a govt: It is elected party MLAs (or electoral votes)
    For gauging how many citizens favored Modi over other party: It is vote share (or popular vote)

15. TSUNAMI

TSUNAMI Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Country Flag:
    India
    Well He can't find any difference b/w Aishwarya and Rakhi same as no difference BJP and Congress. :sarcastic:

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.