Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt, DC

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by RoYaN, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

Ok for the sake of argument lets take the official figures. So its about 1100 lives. Does that make it less a crime? Whats your point here?

Tarnish him? Can he be tarnished more? I dont understand how some people can have the gall to defend him. Shoot at sight should have been ordered right after the first reports of disturbance. Additional state police battalions should have been rushed. Army should have been called in. This should have been a standard procedure knowing the precedence of such incidents in our country. Any laxity knowingly or unknowingly in carrying out these actions is criminal and 'Shri' Modi is guilty.

People should be free to quote whatever news source they want to. You can post your rebuttals.

And let me say that Modi seems like a great guy for the economy. The development that he has ushered in Gujarat seems phenomenal. Although many economists say that he has done nothing special but just carried on policies of his predecessors and that Gujarat was already an industrialized state, but I say he still deserves credit for whatever he has done. But all of this can never wipe off the black spot that he has earned.

2. rcscwc

rcscwc Major SENIOR MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

The train was torched and 59 burnt ALIVE on 27. Byt evening Bhatt had a mountain of uintelligence? Where was a mole hill of intelligence about burnings?

On 28 riots broke out, and by about midnight army started coming. So Modi gave a whole day for Hindus to vent the ire? Not the three days as claimed by Tehelka?

Bhatt is a liar or has been bought or pressurised. DIG Gita too had complained that she was pressurised by the SIT.

It was riot by muslims too. After all they killed 400 Hindus too.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  3. RobbieS

^^^Congress' use of the incident for political gain does not really exonerate Modi or BJP. This is not a zero sum game.

4. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

Are you trying to shield a mass murderer?

2 people like this.
  5. ek_indian

ek_indian Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

1 person likes this.
  6. rcscwc

When and by which court has been declaREd mass murderer? By kagaroo courts made up of likes of you. Had SIT found an iota, it would have arrested him.

7. RobbieS

Mate, many of their assertions are debatable and point towards cherry picking. Leaving the "who started it all" and "even Hindus were killed" arguments aside, the fact that it took 3 days for law and order to be restored points towards state sanction and even help.

8. rcscwc

Zero sum game is being played by the likes of you. Accuse him, and well, not guilty!! OK your gain/loss is ZERO. Oh, but your source is Tehelka, who were stung by their own sting!!

BS by him was the 3 day grace they alleged Modi granted. Fools do not know even counting of days.

9. RobbieS

SIT? Let me tell you about State appointed commissions and inquiries-
    How many commissions for the 84 riots? 10
    How many police officials or politicians convicted? 0

Might be off-topic but hows that for figures?

10. RobbieS

Yes 3 days sir. I would say 4 counting 28th to March 3rd.

And I dont care about Tehelka. All I know is that hell was allowed to be let lose on innocents while the state machinery watched.

1 person likes this.
  11. ek_indian

ek_indian Lieutenant FULL MEMBER

I am with you on the point that whatever are the details, state govermnet has the responsibility to protect law & order. They can never evade from it.
    I also agree some of these points are debatable yet I think that media is not projecting both sides. Though I do not mean Modi is all clean. There is already investigation going on. Instead of siding with anyone, media should be fair.

12. RobbieS

Agree with you. Our media is manipulated, usually by the party in power and the corporates that are their main fund providers. Its an unholy nexus.

13. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

The SIT was appointed by the Supreme court to do the same. What do you think SC is doing? Let the SIT put the report in front of SC and let SC decide. You will agree, you cannot hang a person just because a newspaper article claims something. Right?

14. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Mass murderer? Says who? If mere allegations are the basis of such sweeping statements, I allege that Sonia Gandhi is a CIA agent. So, since I allege that hang her. Right?

15. RobbieS

Is it just about the one Tehelka article? Is that all you have come across that points towards Modi's complicity?

Modi will not be convicted. Thats a lamentable fact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.