Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt, DC

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by RoYaN, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

So, what do you suggest? Just because some people think he is guilty, he should be hanged? Tell me.

2. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

Some people? So many media reports and articles quote eye-witness accounts. Read them yaar. Read NYT, Washington Post, CNN articles. The accounts are bone chilling. Foreign media may have an agenda at times, but those accounts could hardly have been manufactured. So many deaths, so many missing. How could we not hold the state responsible?

3. chachachoudhary

Am I missing something? Do we have in our constitution any provision to convict a person on the basis of newspaper articles?

I know, courts/police/govt can take suo moto initiative of investigating an allegation based on newspaper/media reporting, but can we directly convict a person on that basis? Educate me dear friend.

4. RobbieS

Mate, read my previous posts. Evidences and witnesses could have been collected if we had the political will. 9 years after the incident, we hardly have the chance of it happening now. But just because of the ineptitude of our agencies and our political establishment, lets not forget what this man's responsible for.

5. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Yes I can do that. :rofl:

You want to prosecute him just because you want it to be done.

I want sonia Gandhi to face trial for 84 riots.....sounds logical??

6. DaRk KnIght

Double Post.

7. DaRk KnIght

Do you have any thing substantial to prove him guilty apart from your usual TOI, BJP bashing crap??

8. RobbieS

You think its a joke, huh? Never mind, man.

9. DaRk KnIght

Why he should be convicted?? Because he is modi?? :lol:

10. DaRk KnIght

No its not a joke. You want him to be prosecuted because you think he is guilty.

Courts kis liye hai bhaijaan?? SC ordered the probe and it is going on. Whats the issue??

11. RobbieS

I have mentioned the issue in my previous posts. Yes I think he's guilty. If not of ordering it but abetting it. And we know our courts and our systems yaar.

12. DaRk KnIght

Let me have an opportunity to contradict this. Our judiciary is not dependent upon political will. The probe was ordered by SC and SC will decide the matter.

Hey I just remembered that coltsfan was criticizing SC for this sort of action. Do you still stand by your argument??

13. DaRk KnIght

You might know the system but not the court. Let me assure you I have deep knowledge of court's functioning and can confidently say that it is court which has prevented our democratic system. have faith on it.

14. chachachoudhary

Could have been done...... Yes, a lot could have been done. The train burning could have been prevented. The politics that followed could have been prevented. A secular govt is in power in the center for the last many years, they could have presented a fraction of evidence that they otherwise claim in their political speeches, to the highest court and got modi prosecuted. Had our system and political establishment clean and efficient, Rajiv Gandhi would have been behind the bars after sikh riots. Sharad Pawar would have been behind the bars after Mumbai riots. Why single out Modi?
    But, remember, we have adapted a system whereby a person is innocent until proven guilty. The person can be accused, but cannot be labelled guilty until proven so.

1 person likes this.
  15. Naren1987

Naren1987 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

A lot more people were killed in 84,
    Kamal Nath, a man who was seen in cahoots with the rioters is a cabinet minister.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.