Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt, DC

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by RoYaN, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

One wrong justifies another???

2. Hembo

Hembo OLD MOD STAR MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

Well he is right in a way.

I believe Modi needs to be fairly prosecuted. And equally the ones responsible for '84 riots also needs to be prosecuted. These are two of the most shameful part of our history (along with the violence during partition), that will haunt our souls forever otherwise. We cannot do anything about the violence during partition, but we can do something about '84 and Gujrat. and Mumbai riots was also something people forgot to probe fairly.

But, if we have wisened and learnt from these shameful pasts of our country, we must make promise to ourselves to never let anything remotely similar to happen ever again.

2 people like this.
  3. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

I agree that we let our judiciary decide but I dont think the judiciary is independent. Maybe not a lot of corruption scandals have fallen out of its cupboards, but judiciary like other arms of the state can be influenced.

I just want to know if you think that Modi did nothing wrong. Do you think he couldn't have done anything more to prevent mass killings?

4. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Misstatement(Red One). Indian Judiciary is so much independent that it is considered to be more powerful than its American Counter part.

It can be influenced but is some what difficult to do.

Yes he somehow mishandled the situation. But for this he cant be considered as mass murderer or whatever names people are calling.

5. WARrior

WARrior 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

the issue is...just like anyother commision, case, trial on powerful people, even this will die out. the point is not proving guilt. the point is, how may godhra, babri, 84 riots do we need to bring politicians to justice?

now dont come up with the rant of proving someone guilty or courts doing their job.....

every now and then we see judges been tried for decade old corruption they commited. we all know politicians are not saints and person who supprts such mentality or acts do need psychiatric treatment.

6. Vritra

Vritra Major ELITE MEMBER

He was:
    1. Fully aware of the situation
    2. Known to have encouraged law enforcement to stay out of the way.
    3. Present at two separate meetings, in one of which the usage and manufacturing of firebombs were actually discussed (testimonial by Haren Pandya, who did give a fair account despite everyone's accusation he was on an anti-Modi vendetta.)

Now, other political figures involved in genocide who weren't known to have picked up a weapon themselves:
    • Joseph Stalin
    • Pol Pot
    • Béla Kun

Modi fits right in to the 'mass murderer' tag, if you ask me.

1 person likes this.
  7. DaRk KnIght

Fine. But how to prove them guilty. Based on media reports?? We have adopted a system and it will work in its own way.

If you have some better rant then speak up.

Links?? In my knowledge only 2 judges are held accountable for corruption charge. Might be 3.

So what is your point?? hang all the people based on media report?? Lets start it with declaring rajiv Gandhi as mass murder. Any better ideas??

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. RobbieS

There is no way to measure their independence. Even if they are, they rely on commissions to gather facts and base their judgement on.

In a case with high stakes and involving votebank and political careers, I am sure the judiciary could have been influenced.

His mishandling caused the death of more than a 1000 people by official estimates (we know how accurate official estimates are). For that he must stand trial if no other semblance of justice can be provided to the victims.

9. RobbieS

What do other incidents have to do with Modi's guilt? Just because Thackeray wasn't convicted for 92 and Rajiv and his congress cronies werent convicted for 84 doesn't mean that Modi should be absolved for his crimes.

10. prototype

prototype Major SENIOR MEMBER

Its an open secret that Modi supported the Riots,their r many Gujarati's who work with me arguing that it was a commendable job,he silenced all for once,who tried to target the Hindu dignity,though all this can be brought only for the sake of deliberation,when talking on the basis of records,which actually matter's,Modi is an innocent man and how much probe u initiate against him,u will not find anything substantial,this is how Indian politics function,especially when the leader is an influential man like modi.

11. chachachoudhary

chachachoudhary Captain SENIOR MEMBER

All these incidents have everything to do with the efficiency of our system that you mentioned in your post.

Regarding Modi guilt or innoncence, let the court decide it. If you have any proof, help the system.

Do no argue for the sake of argument. If you have some suggestions, put them in precise words instead of going in circles.

You said modi should be tried, the only fact is Modi is being tried. Now, wait for the court verdict. I hope this helps.

12. RobbieS

I do retain the right to lament our political and judicial system. You can stop defending Modi whenever you develop a conscience.

13. DaRk KnIght

Actually it is. US supreme court is considered as the most powerful court in the world having powers almost equivalent to that of the President of US in their jurisdiction.

For second line...what is the remedy then?? We have to depend on some report. How to convict a person if there is no evidence??

Could includes could not as well.

Thats my perception only. Let there be evidence to prove my perception as well.

14. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Who said it is not a crime ?? But the contention is it is neither the genocide as some claim nor was Modi the perperator. The criminals are elsewhere. The CONgress should use the energy to find them and not get to Modi for the Muslim votes.

Myths of Gujarat Riots | Gujarat Riots: The True Story

All your 'accusations' are listed here. Please do take the trouble of reading it before you can accuse him. And BTW if ppl have the 'gall' to accuse him with no substantial proof, does it require any extra gall to defend him esecially when there are no evidence to incriminate him ?

But what if the news report is hopelessly onesided. Just like Saamna is. Would it not be better if atleast it is a bit neutral ?

And what is the proof of this black spot ?? Just the Kangaroo trials by the self-conscious media and the 'more-blood-on-hands' Congress ? You gotta be kidding me.

15. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

1. Fully aware, yet could only do so much with the reasources at his disposal.

"Known to have" - known to whom ? Is this the best argument you can put forth ?

Myth 8: The Gujarat government was involved in the riots | Gujarat Riots: The True Story

Myth 13: Narendra Modi said-

And you yourself has said Haren Pandya was on a vendetta ; so how can he be termed credible.

• On a conservative estimate about 5 million people executed or sent to Gulags.Including entire populations/ethinicities from the caucuses.

Again conservatively 2 million deaths spread over years

Modi fits right in to the 'mass murderer' tag, if you ask me.[/QUOTE]

And here in Gujarat hardly about 800 deaths and that too in the heat of the moment in the first 2 days with the rest coming from police firing.

Now define Mass Murderer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.