Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt, DC

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by RoYaN, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

2. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

Read that link. Nothing substantial in it. Just some hypothetical questions.

3. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

Some reaction to the Tehekla story.
    PRAKASH KARAT
    CPM GENERAL SECRETARY

It is a serious indictment of the Gujarat Chief Minister. Modi must resign. The Supreme Court will take cognisance of the report and proceedings will be initiated against Modi. Once this report is presented before the court, the continuance of Modi will be untenable. People who have actively taken part in this violence and pogrom have always been in denial mode. Now there is some hope of justice to the victims of this violence in Gujarat.

D RAJA
    CPI NATIONAL SECRETARY

Narendra Modi was being made a modern day hero. This story goes on to say a lot about those myths. The Supreme Court should take note of the findings of the report and the law should take its course in a stringent manner. However, the onus is on the government to take prompt initiatives to get justice to the victims of Gujarat 2002 pogrom.

4. RobbieS

I don't go by the terminology either. What is a genocide and what is a massacre? Lets drop it all together. My bone of contention with that guy is that he knew things were going bad and he allowed them to deteriorate. We can keep talking about proofs and independent judiciary and what not. But we cant negate the fact that Gujarat burned for 4 days while he sat on his haunches. He allowed the mobs to take revenge.

5. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

From where did you get that?? TOI??

6. RoYaN

RoYaN Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

“There is a lot of anger in the people. This time a balanced approach against Hindus and Muslims will not work. It is necessary that the anger of the people is allowed to be vented.” These, according to Bhatt, are the exact incendiary words Modi had spoken at the meeting and which Bhatt later scribbled down in a personal notepad he maintained during the riots.

7. RobbieS

Bhai mere, read the chronology of events. Godhra train attack -27th. Riots begin-28th, Riots controlled in Ahmedabad -3rd March.

Why weren't things brought under control earlier? Read my second or third post in this thread - I have listed actions that could have been taken to control the situation. The fact that the riots continued for so long is proof enough of his criminal negligence if not complicity.

8. Vritra

Vritra Major ELITE MEMBER

...Which was, apparently, nothing. Yet somehow, everytime some important businessman or MP showed up, his 'resources' sprung into action, blockading roads in the city, asking random people on the street to turn out their pockets, getting worked up over tiny details like a group of kids laughing too loudly. Personal experience, there.

The criminal chargesheet filed against Modi on the 30th of April, 2004, lists the names of people within the standing government at that point of time, also present during the riots, who attest to the fact that Modi knew exactly what was happening his state. His actions to prohibit the activities were tantamount to nothing. As Pandya pointed out, Modi instructed the police to stay out of the way, to let the violence play out. As for Pandya's credibility, it depends on your view of his intentions, which are obviously poor. I think that, unlike Modi, his actions weren't motivated by greed for power. Which is exactly what led to his death. And the surprisingly lax way his personal security was ensured, and the inquiry into his death was made. But the power was in the state government's hand. They could discredit Pandya, bury the deeper details of the riots, all without the ruling class having to bat an eyelid.

I'm sorry, I'm obviously not reading your argument here correctly, because if I am, you're trying to define 'mass murderer' literally by the numeric mass of the resultant dead. According to your argument, 800 deaths is okay, is it? Just so long as it doesn't hit that dreaded 1000 mark, huh, because then, oh no, the papers will have a field day?

Now lets see:
    Genocide: the deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group.
    Yeah, I'd say that fits here.

Mass Murderer: The savage and excessive killing of many people by one person and/or a group.
    Yeah, that fits here too.

Stalin, Pol Pot, and Béla Kun were mass murderers, agents of genocide with the help of their respective political parties. And as Modi was the agent for the manifestation of the genocide in Gujarat, yes, I'd define him as a mass murderer. A conspirator, at the very least.

As for the anti-Tehelka crusade, all I have to say is this:
    The Truth Of Gujarat Carnage By Ram Puniyani

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  9. Karthic Sri

Answer the 'hypothetical' questions if that incident really happened .

10. DaRk KnIght

Bhaijaan riots could not be controlled in 3 days even in the developed countries like France.

11. DaRk KnIght

According to Bhaat. Statements will be examined by the Court. There are several statements contrary to your views published in the media. Believe them as well then :lol:

12. Karthic Sri

Whats the proof that he allowed to detoriate ?? If you are THE Robbies then please don't compare the reaction levels, equipment and the training the Canadian police get and the Indian police get.

How can you say he allowed them to take revenge when there were 100 rioters shot dead within the first two days ?

BTW Robbie do you and other Sikhs justify Beant Singh and Satwant Singh for what they did to Indira ?? If you do (and IIRC you did it once in Def.pk and it is being done every year in Punjab) then I think you should not have any problems with Modi even if he is wrong.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  13. RobbieS

And more than 1100 people died there too? You cant compare a few French-Africans lighting cars on fire and damaging public property with organized mobs killing people. The enormity and impact of the latter is incomparable.

14. RobbieS

Yes I am the same Robbie. And I have lived in both Canada and India and that gives me a pretty good insight into the workings of police in both the countries.

And yes I defend Beant and Satwant. And how can you even compare the two events? Indira was directly responsible for Op Bluestar and had to pay the price. But do you mean to say that 800 Muslims (official figures, mind you) deserved to die for what a few lunatics did that fateful day in Godhra? By the same logic you will justify the 84 riots as well? Whats wrong with you?

15. Karthic Sri

The thing is the riots could not be controlled in few days, given the intensity of the emotions and the training (or the lack of) of the Indian Police. The state of their equipments dont help either.

Gujarat has borne the brunt of the Muslim invaders right from Gazni Mohammed and when you hear that 60 Hindu devotees returning from the holy city of Ayodhya after a pilgrimage are burnt down by a Muslim mob, it is but natural that emotions will flare up.

And remember the mass of the rioters were tribals who were lumbering under the Muslim moneylenders. They just grabbed this oppurtunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.