Dismiss Notice
Welcome to IDF- Indian Defence Forum , register for free to join this friendly community of defence enthusiastic from around the world. Make your opinion heard and appreciated.

I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt, DC

Discussion in 'National Politics' started by RoYaN, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karthic Sri

Karthic Sri <b>STAR MEMBER of the MONTH</b> SENIOR MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

Nothings wrong with me --- but when such things happen and especially in a riot prone state like gujarat, people dont think sanely.

And you cant fault the man at the top for that with his inadequate resources to do what even highly trained and equipped french police cant do.

BYW Indira may/may not be responsible. But who are the bodyguards to apportion justice to her ? Judges of the Supreme court ? It is the same Kangaroo court that was followed here.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. DaRk KnIght

DaRk KnIght Lt. Colonel ELITE MEMBER

Re: I was there. Narendra Modi said let the people vent their anger:- Sanjeev Bhatt,

how can few french african killed 1100 then??

3. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

What are you saying yaar? Not more than 10 people would have lost their lives. But thats not the point. We cant compare the two events.

4. Guynextdoor

Guynextdoor Lt. Colonel SENIOR MEMBER

but the point is that the congress never JUSTIFIED the deaths of sikhs by pointing to the 'anger' of the people because of indira's death. That's what the BJP has been doing. The congress was dumb and in a moment couldn't control all those sycophantic a$$es who sought to prove their 'loyalty', but even that is VERY different from a state CM, DELIBERATELY sabotaging protective mechanisms of law and order.

5. RobbieS

RobbieS 2nd Lieutant FULL MEMBER

Karthic, with Gujarat's history (they have seen communal riots before) and the volatile atmosphere, swift steps should have been taken to curb the rioting. People dont organize and then carry on their attacks naturally. I agree the Godhra attack was the trigger. But to carry it on for so many days without is impossible without state complicity. And we had the previous example of 84. Police and state establishments would have well been aware of the signs of spiraling violence and the actions that should have been taken to curb it. That no action was taken un till the crowd had its revenge is quite evident.

6. Guynextdoor

yeah right...if he didn't have the resources did he at least ask for it? How long did it take for gujarat governemt to ask for army to step in especially when the law and order had completely collapsed? THEN if it took time for the army to come in he could be justified- fact is that he never wanted them to come and control the situation. And what about his own people making hate speeches during that whole time? WHat did he do to them? His job isn't to let people vent anything but maintain law and order under all circumstances.

7. Karthic Sri

And if it was nothing then blanme the Indian system for it, for not providing adequate training to the police forces, not equipping them properly with any riot gear and the states of maharashtra and Rajasthan for rejecting the demand of additional police resources.

Hogwash !

What exactly does this link prove - Nothing and this is a filed against Modi by a British family. Nothing more.

No one can judge the intentions of a dead man and his intentional evidence is as good as nothing. Bring something better.

Not one death is okay - But riots that erupt due to fanatics of one religion burning alive 60 of the other religion and consequently the other religion erupting can never be considered genocide.

If anyone is a mass murderer here, it is those fanatics of Godhra who are the root cause for all these.

The Gujarat riots were never in any way pre-planned,deliberate or systematic anihilation of any group. If at all Muslims groups were equally active in the riots.

A home for long now just a death trap

Riots hit all classes, all faiths - The Times of India

Rioters torch 50 shops at Revdi Bazaar - The Times of India

And there goes the theory of deliberate and systematic extermination of a national, racial, political, or cultural group down the gutter.

No proof till now.

No one cares about your opinions dude, just play with facts. And the fact is there is nothing against Modi.

And even that is false since the definition of Genocide as given by you was trashed just above.

8. Karthic Sri

OMFG !! "When a Big Tree falls, the Earth underneath shakes" ..Rings any bell ? Is it not a blatant justification ?

And we have every fvcking cricket stadium, sea links, airports named after this moron.

9. Karthic Sri

Yet that is what happened in Gujarat. It doesnt take much to grab the nearby lying iron rod to hit an innocent Muslim going down the road.

Sad but entirely possible.

And if they were organised why there was riots only in a few places surrounding Godhra ? Why were places like Saurashtra which were a stronghold of VHP did not see even a single riot ?

Thats the Congress propaganda and the pseudo-secular hogwash. Let me post a separate reply to that regarding the alleged negligence of the Gujarat Government.

And when have we learned from our past mistakes (we as in Indians as a whole). The Gujarat police was just as pathetically trained and poorly equipped as they were ever. And I am not talking of the bureaucracy.

How can you blame all these systemic faults on a CM who just took oath as the CM ?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  10. Karthic Sri

11. Guynextdoor

And why don't you with the same enthusiasm also say that it was the congress government which apologized to the pariliament and the people for what happened in 1984? How come you selectively forget that? Have the BJP apologized for gujarat?

12. Guynextdoor

The republis of India isn't the place for you to take fantasy revenge for all those invasions. The Indian consitution threw all that historical baggage into the dustbin way back in 1947 and also flushed it down the toilet for good measure. As for your specious and misleading justification because of 'poor tribals' who suffered under musilm money lenders', let me tell you that I can point out many many hindu money lenders just as bad and several hindu high caste people who have been oppressing these tribals for THOUSANDS of years.

13. Tshering22

Tshering22 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

The typical old Modi is Hitler nonsense. Godhra was tragic it was neither started by Modi, nor by RSS. If this is being investigated, Good. But so should Yasin Malik, Geelani, Mirwaiz and other "secular" butchers be investigated for the carnage.

If that doesn't happen, even this is not good. Politically correct can keep singing " two wrongs don't make one right" but if something befalls on them like this, they will be the first one to abandon all principles and resort to any means to safeguard their interests.

Tragedies do happen, agreed. And they are bad.

But it goes BOTH ways.

14. Tshering22

Tshering22 Captain SENIOR MEMBER

Then be glad to point out that even Islam and Christianity has equally divisions too. And they engage in more than just social oppressions. Heard of Shia-Sunni attacks?

Revenge is not good for ancient past. But Godhra happened because those bunch of cahoots burnt the train down. It was not a one sided affair.

This should be considered in equal weight to the intentional massacre that happened in Kashmir which no freaking politician has the balls to investigate.

Secularism means separating religion from state; not favouring one side and oppressing others.

15. Guynextdoor

^^^ of course there are...and that's the point...NO ONE CAN TAKE A MORAL HIGH GROUND

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.